Whole30 JUNE GROUP DOING REINTRODUCTION

Mrsfrosty

Good morning everyone,

I am planning on doing the August 1 sponsored Whole 30. Can't wait. 

My niece told me about a bar similar to Larabars, there are 3 flavors and I really like them. They are Rx Bars. The flavors are blueberry, coconut cacao and coffee cacao. Here is a link to find them. http://rxbar.com

~pam

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

day 25!!!!  I want it to be over! working out every single day is too much for me :blink:   In August I Think Ill semi join the official W30 and will work out every 2 days.... 

My problem is.... I keep finding this huge Lara Bars sales.... Yesterday at Target for less than a dollar!!!  I have around 60 Lara bars in my pantry... then.. since I have so many I "can" eat 2 or 3 per day.... that's not good... I know...

Well 5 more days to take that pic and hopefully see amazing results!!!

Good night!!! 

First of all why are you working out every day? No where in the W30 recommendations does it say you need to do this. In fact rest days are highly encouraged to allow for ample recovery. What are you doing for your workouts?

Larabars are technically compliant but they are encouraged to be used as emergency food. Put 1 in your purse and maybe 1 in your gym bag and put the rest where you can't see them. 

First of all why are you working out every day? No where in the W30 recommendations does it say you need to do this. In fact rest days are highly encouraged to allow for ample recovery. What are you doing for your workouts?

Larabars are technically compliant but they are encouraged to be used as emergency food. Put 1 in your purse and maybe 1 in your gym bag and put the rest where you can't see them. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Physibeth, 

I'm working out everyday cause we are supposedly doing a Exercise30 with reintroduction.  Don't worry Im not overexercising....  30 minutes a day of Insanity and clean out the house on sundays as my "rest" day.

I know about the lara bars....  That's why I say is a problem for me.. I like them too much :o

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Physibeth, 

I'm working out everyday cause we are supposedly doing a Exercise30 with reintroduction.  Don't worry Im not overexercising....  30 minutes a day of Insanity and clean out the house on sundays as my "rest" day.

I know about the lara bars....  That's why I say is a problem for me.. I like them too much :o

Ok...just checking in.  :)

GFChris...congrats on the jeans! Yeah, larabars can be an issue for me too....too good! I'm plugging along..derailed yesterday, but back on today. I'm going to do the whole 30 august 1 and I'm going to sign up for the same newsletter (discounted for repeat) because even though I saved the newsletters, I like the click the link part at the end...helped me stay on track, as silly as that sounds! It's the little thinkgs...LOL

OK, just now renewed my Whole30 Daily subscription. Even though I have saved all 31 emails from June 1 Whole 30....silly as it may seem, I enjoy the accountability and being able to click the link at the end of the day...REALLY was a big part of my first Whole30 success. I set my start date for August 1.

Did 1 hour of yoga and 1 hour of cardio yesterday.

Intentional off-road last night, out to dinner at a Thai restaurant for my best friend's birthday. 1 drink and a spring roll appetizer made with rice paper and with a peanut dipping sauce. My entree, a delicious red snapper dish, was compliant, as was the rest of my eating yesterday.

ate some dark rye bread yesterday, taking it slow on the grains because i think that is were a lot of my issue are.  and Yes i was right, grains and I don't get along.  I know that i have an issue with Wheat but other glutens have been ok up to now.  haven't tried rice yet....

@Kelly, I also signed up to get the daily emails again.  I counted up my days and it is day 60, granted I have had a few non-compliant days after the Whole 30 but I just love the way I feel and am looking forward to a second round of Whole 30 starting on Aug 1.

Yesterday I did a pilates session and really enjoyed it. The gal that teaches my class also teaches Paddle board Pilates, which I am going to give that a go, hopefully in the next couple weeks.

This morning I picked up a book from the library titled 'The Paleo Coach' read a big chunk while at work.  So far I am enjoying the information. The author is an advocate for exercise as well as eating Paleo.

~pam

Did an intentional off road yesterday afternoon: attended Whole Foods' Nationwide Annual Ice Cream Social with my mom.

At my local Whole Foods, they had 6 different tables throughout the store, showcasing various frozen treats available for sampling: ice cream, frozen yogurt and frozen coconut milk. Some were just the frozen treat, some were the frozen treat with a topping (including coffee syrup, caramel, hot fudge, and gluten-free cookie crumbles). 

Even though dairy has been shown not to be my friend, I did sample. For each table, I requested half the sample size they were giving to everyone else. By the time we got to the last table, I had just a bite of my mom's sample. I estimate that, in total, I probably ate the equivalent of 1 cup of ice cream/frozen yogurt/frozen coconut milk.

Was it worth it? Yes. My body didn't react as badly as I thought it would. Gassyness immediately afterward, but no stomach pain from the dairy. The sugar that I ate didn't cause me to gorge the rest of the day - ate a normal, template-based dinner last night.

Oh, and for what it's worth, all my other meals were compliant yesterday.  :D 

EDIT: Odd burst of energy last night. At 11 pm I was scrubbing my bathtub!  That's NEVER happened!

Back on the clean wagon today. Will be a slight challenge as I'm attending a family gathering where we'll be getting take-out Chinese.

Gifts.lol re energy boost (:

M...yes I am excited about Aug 1 whole 30. Sister in law suggested Chinese food at her place next Saturday but I told hr I'm back on board so we will have grilled steaks instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Yesterday, did yoga for ~45 minutes and strength training for ~45 minutes.

Chinese food wasn't a problem for me. Got steamed shrimp with mixed veggies: no sauce on anything.

I did, however, partake in some sweets. Had two small bites of Taza Chocolate (no dairy or soy), and had a Richie's Italian Slush.

Otherwise ate compliant the rest of the day.

These little 'off roads' the past few days have got me thinking. Since completing my Whole30, it hasn't been my intention to eat 'Whole365.'  When I have these moments when I choose to eat non-W30 or non-Paleo, I'm honestly not sure what to call that: I guess it's the 'guilt-free choice' they refer to in ISWF.  I haven't gorged myself - had a little bit of this or a little bit of that.  I certainly don't want/expect every day to be that way.  I guess it's part of riding my own bike to figure out what I do each day.

For the short term, the next 2 days I will eat 100% clean, because I'm measuring/weighing myself again on July 31st. I feel like I've lost at least more inches, from the way my clothes are fitting. After that, we'll see.

Going away on vacation to the beach for five days next week and there will be a microwave and fridge in our hotel room. I'm already thinking about bringing hard boiled eggs and some sort of veggie for breakfast every day, and stocking the fridge/room with W30 food for lunch items. We will be dining out each night for dinner.

Overall, I definitely want to eat W30 more often than less often and don't want to go down the 80/20 or similar path because I believe that's a slippery slope. I guess this is part of what riding my bike is all about.

Measured myself this morning: lost another 2.8 inches since completing my Whole30 on June 27th (most in my hips - yay!). That makes a total of 7 inches lost since May 29th. Weight: lost another pound, making a total of 6 pounds lost since May 29th.

Did ~45 minutes of yoga yesterday.

Ate 100% compliant.

Going forward, I'm going to stop logging my eating and exercise patterns here daily. I feel I have a good rhythm in place for living in a post-Whole30 world. If I have any further insights to share on this journey, I will post.

Woo hooo GFChris on the inches lost! Since I off-roaded so much during July, I have gained 4 lbs of the 9 lbs back....had ice cream, McDonalds wrap, mango, pistachios, candy bars...today going for my drunken noodles at Thai with coworkers. Tomorrow back to Whole 30....clean for the full 30/31 days...and this time will not have pistachios or dried mango...and limit kombucha to once a day.....cook more...remember my off-roading leads to derailing for days...hard to return...so won't go there...looking forward to the daily newsletter and accountability again. I will get rid of my allergies again......now that I know what to expect....may not be so anxious to introduce right away...and when I do, I'll do so more carefully.

@Kelly, looking forward to doing another Whole 30, I also signed up for the daily emails. A couple friends I work with have seen how well I am doing and are starting tomorrow as well. I had my yearly well woman exam today and my physician commented on my weight loss and she is doing a similar lifestyle and has lost 38 pounds since Feb. I had labs drawn and am anxious to see those results.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

~pam

Kelly, my physician has lost 38 pounds, I have lost 15 so far.  I re-measured myself last night and took before pics. SO I am ready to get this going!!

I am going to start doing weight training at my gym which is 24 hour fitness......years ago I had a trainer, but I am going to try it myself first and see how it goes.

Fantastic results Pam. I have to admit ...I weighed myself today for the Aug 1 start...put the scale away again until Sept 1....but I gained by 2/3 of the weight I lost in June. I had lost 9 lbs from 166 to 157. Today I weighed at 162.5...so up 5.5 lbs, 3.5 kept off. But, I learned a lot and I off-roaded most of the time...especially these last few days with the "last supper" mentality...so obviously I need to work further on my relationship with food...and the scale...but I'm excited and know I can do it and be more careful the next time around with re introduction.

• 2 weeks later...

Had risotto for the first time since finishing my Whole30 at the end of June. It was served with an Osso Bucco entree I had out at a restaurant over the weekend. Yowza - major stomach ache within 15 minutes after finishing my meal.  Thank goodness risotto wasn't my entree.  Further, I ate only 1/2 the portion of risotto and veal because I felt so full. Guess I won't be having risotto again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived