Whole30 JUNE GROUP DOING REINTRODUCTION

Mrsfrosty

Eats for Day 11:

**giant salad: romaine, red pepper, cucumber, salmon, strawberries, avocados, balsamic vinagraite, coffee

**hard cider

**pistachios, large apricot, chocolate chip brownie Larabar, Pelegrino, popcorn (microwave), Mike's Hard Punch (2)

**bacon, scrambled eggs, Tejava, grapes, couple Oreos

Moves for Day 11"

**30 minutes gentle swimming

Can you see the trend... feeling relaxed at the pool leading to alcohol (haven't indulged in months) and then later, sugar. This log is very helpful to me, thank you for witnessing my journey... want so badly to be back to Day 11 in JUNE ; ) but know what to do and how to do it.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mrs Frosty!!!! you worked so hard last month... try to keep focus!  Anniversary dinner is a good occasion to have ice cream... but the milky way? and  you really need to hide that scale!!!!   (http://whole9life.com/2012/08/new-health-scale/

Come on girl you can do it! get your pistacchios or the dried mango... or even get lara bars.... you can do it!!!!!  So come on after those drunken noodles be good! we are all on this together  ;)

I'm having my first lunch at a restaurant tomorrow....  Hope it will be easy to stay compliant....

And starting a new w30 on Monday.... My friend wants to do it but she needs support, so I put together a menu, a shopping list and we will be cooking together (on the phone as she lives far away) I won't be counting days and obsessing like I did on June, but I will do my best, I feel so good eating this way anyway that I don't think it will be so hard. 

Good night!

Here's a "good news/bad news" post. There is this candy/snack we used to get (a lot) that is highly addictive, "Fruit Crunch." It's amazing. We had some in the freezer - because my partner kept forgetting to take it to work and away! ;-) Yesterday, I succumbed. BUT - I ate a fraction of what I might have before and it was like aversion therapy. I ended up feeling crappy and thinking, "I may never want chocolate again." Now, that won't stick, but in the moment... So, "bad" to have eaten it, but "good" to discover it's no longer quite so appealing.

In other news, I finished week six of the C25K program. Today I jogged for 23 and a half minutes without stopping. That's nothing short of amazing for me, bad knee and all. I'm hoping to do a neighbourhood 3K in mid-September and a 5K in October. My goal has nothing to do with speed (I'm really slow), but just to be able to finish. Given that a couple of years ago I hated to stop for milk because walking to the back of the grocery store was too painful...!

So, there you have it. Not weighing myself, am allowing myself the periodic indulgence while staying generally compliant, and... my jeans even feel a bit better than they did close to the end of the W28. Woo-hoo!

Mrs Frosty!!!! you worked so hard last month... try to keep focus!  Anniversary dinner is a good occasion to have ice cream... but the milky way? and  you really need to hide that scale!!!!   (http://whole9life.co...w-health-scale/

Come on girl you can do it! get your pistacchios or the dried mango... or even get lara bars.... you can do it!!!!!  So come on after those drunken noodles be good! we are all on this together  ;)

ANAXG:  Thanks for your post...and for the support! I DID successfully eat my planned dinner choices last night at anniversary dinner....ceasar salad with croutons, grilled scallops and shrimp, steamed veggies...NO bread, pasta or potatoes...and YES, I DID have a hot fudge sundae...and it was yummy....had not had one since last year....and I felt fine afterwards (no ill effects).  We went home and opened our anniversary cards and hung out with our senior dog.....later I DID have some kombucha, a few TJ multigrain pita chips and 1 string cheese.  Feel fine this morning. Having burger, ghee and broccoli and some kombucha for breakfast.....and lots of water....lunch will be drunken noodles and spring roll (shared)....dinner will eat clean and back on track. Plan to work out tonight too. And yes, re scale...I know I am getting dependent again...I weighted this a.m. at 159 and put it away. I am committing to the group that I will not take it out and weigh again until August 1. Great that you are doing Whole 30 with a friend.

MSEHPHDJD: Congrats on your C25K program! Great job!

TODAY IS THE DAY! I'm going to go and buy a few different cheeses and some yogurt! Can anyone recommend to me a whole fat yogurt to do on reintro? Most yogurt I see has sugar in it :(

I did my dairy reintro with FAGE greek yogurt...it's plain, though. I wanted to reintroduce the dairy part but not the high fruit flavors or added evaporated cane sugar (like in my favorite Chobani Greek Yogurt - pineapple flavor).

Well, went with coworkers for Thai food as planned today. Had drunken noodles...yum....and a spring roll, salad and water. Right now drinking iced coffee with a bit of half and half. Tonight plan for clean dinner and 20 min workout. Tomorrow I am BACK on the bandwagon...clean eating...no splurges or off-roading for a while.

Eats for day 12:

**two hot dogs with mustard, strawberries, coffee

**shrimp sauteed with snap peas and orange pepper

**green salad ( greens, mushrooms, cucumber, carrot, olives, oil and vinegar), 2 1/2 pieces of vegetarian pizza ( olives, mushrooms, peppers, tomato sauce, mozzarella on a regular crust)

Moves for day 12:

**1 1/2 hour trail ride

Terrible sleep, woke up as soon as the alcohol had metabolized (around 3 am) and lay awake, hung over, for an hour or so. Woke up again in the morning, tummy and head still paying for the drinks and the junk. Took awhile to feel better. Had a mid morning nap and then ate lunch which was delicious. No cravings, even Larabars sounded yuck today. Caught out late and hubby wanted pizza so I said what the heck since we we starving. It was not chain restaurant pizza, the crust was really chewy and nice but it left a weird taste in my mouth and now feels like I've swallowed a brick. On the plus side, I'm still fitting comfortable into all my jeans, a good thing since I just ordered a gorgeous new pair online in an optimistic size... an incentive to stay with the program best I can.

Back from being away a couple days.

Did some walking outside Thursday and Friday: around 15 minutes Thursday and 45 minutes on Friday.

Ate clean 95% both days. Exceptions were mayonnaise in a delicious lobster salad with avocado I had yesterday for lunch and a side of cole slaw (ate only 1/2 portion) with dinner last night.  Oh, and visiting a homemade chocolate place where I had one piece of dark chocolate drizzled over coconut and one dark chocolate covered apricot. Drink-wise, had a rum punch Thursday afternoon, one glass of red wine with dinner, and a glass of red wine yesterday afternoon, otherwise compliant (black coffee or sparkling water).

@Kelly: welcome back to the bandwagon! Looks like there are still some things for you to sort out regarding relationship with food. Is there a way you can start to ask yourself questions like "Is this special?" "Is this worth it?" "Will this make me more healthy or less healthy?" "Am I hungry (could I eat steamed fish and broccoli?), or am I just having a craving (or does this not have to do with food at all) and do I need to do something non-food related?"

Just returned home from a weeks vacation with my sisters. We drove from Springfield, Missouri to Panama City Beach, Florida!! It was my two sisters and our sister-in-law, our ages 62,56,52, and 47. We stopped in New Orleans the first night and we all ate Beignets and had cafe au laits. Other than the Beignets I ate fairly clean the entire time. I made sure I had taken enough primal pacs with me so I would have snacks to eat while on the beach, I had coconut water and almond milk. Took my french press for my Crio Bru. Ate grilled seafood. We had a wonderful time!! My sister who is 4 years older than I, we took walks on the beach each morning. I was able to get my exercise in every day. I haven't stepped on the scale......yet, but I plan to, maybe tomorrow. The only downside to the vacay was I got big blisters on my big toes while walking in the sand. Otherwise we all remained healthy and the gulf water was absolutely gorgeous and the temps were perfect. ~pam

GF Chris:  Thank you so much. Last night planned to eat at home, but hubby wanted to go out...so I had a burger with sweet potato fries.....ate half the bun. Came home and had kombucha. Felt good. No workout though. Today I had eggs, ghee, salt, ppr, leftover sweet potato fries from last night's dinner, bell peppers and zucchinni. Lunch was cherry tomatoes, straweberries, kombucha (gingerade) and 2 frozen TJ chicken strips. Not sure about dinner tonight or about workout. I am at the office today...vet appts for dog this a.m. and now 2 hours at the office. Taking it a day at a time...will shop tonight or tomorrow and make more paleo mayo and a few other things for the week. Almost done with my CSA delivery of veggies/fruit..another one coming this Thursday (ever other week). Looking forward to it.

I've been eating dairy, some brie, chedder, raw milk cheddar, american cheese, and fage greek yogurt mixed with berries. Having some sinus issues but nothing major. I also felt REALLY tired, anyone else experience fatigue from dairy?

Also, this is the first day of my reintro.....what do I do on day 2? Continue to eat clean? Or eat paleo until day 4 and reintro something else....slightly confused....

Thanks!

I've been eating dairy, some brie, chedder, raw milk cheddar, american cheese, and fage greek yogurt mixed with berries. Having some sinus issues but nothing major. I also felt REALLY tired, anyone else experience fatigue from dairy?

Also, this is the first day of my reintro.....what do I do on day 2? Continue to eat clean? Or eat paleo until day 4 and reintro something else....slightly confused....

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nope, I didn't have fatigue from dairy. Dairy gave me a stomach ache and gassyness on my reintro.

Day 2-3 you go back to eating Whole30 compliant, and then on Day 4 you reintro the next item.  Then you eat Whole30 compliant for 2 days and reintro the next item, and so on.

Eats for day 13:

**bacon, strawberries, coffee

**carrots and broccoli dipped in almond butter, cherry tomatoes, orange pepper

**cranberry Kombucha

**teriyaki flank steak, roasted broccoli with mayo, avocado and cherry tomatoes in balsamic vinagraite

**chocolate chip brownie Larabar

Moves for Day 13:

**one day show, seven events

Had a little runny nose, guessing it was from the dairy on the pizza. Otherwise no ill effects from eating it though I wasn't that crazy about it or feel like I will crave it ( like ice cream). A hectic day that started with a flat tire but ended up being a fun time. I will say that I believe this eating style has helped my nerves in the arena. Even though I still get nervous I am able to stay pretty calm and focused during my runs. My lessons are paying off and I am increasing my speed and skill at each show!

Did ~45 minutes of strength training yesterday.

Ate and drank 100% clean.

Noticing my body composition continuing to change, in a good way, by the way my clothes are fitting. This is the first time in years I've been able to make this happen.  :)

About to start my work out of the day...  Me too I've been 100% clean (counting re introductions) and working out every day... but I don't see changes on my body...   will wait and weigh on the 31st... the only thing I'm over doing are lara bars and dried fruits... wondering those really affect that much....  they don't make me crave anything else.. but when I eat one I gotta eat at least 2 more :o  (Homemade lara balls and those freeze - dried cantaloupes from the Fresh market.... oh my...)

Eats for day 14:

**scrambled eggs and rice with Crystal hot sauce, avocado and cherry tomatoes

**grilled sausage, broccoli salad (broccoli, craisins, sunflower seeds, dressing), cantaloupe

**cold steak, almond butter, carrots, grapes, coconut oil popped popcorn, chocolate chips and some Oreos

Moves for day 14:

**4 hours sorting cattle

Really really wish husband didn't buy the Oreos. They are so junky and I really didn't enjoy eating them. My morning eggs made my stomach hurt. Discombobulated dinner, too tired to cook and we got a new puppy today so things were just off. Better day tomorrow.

Did 45 minutes of cardio yesterday.

Attended a memorial service yesterday, and afterward they had a reception. At the reception, one of the food offerings was a cheese platter. It included goat cheese, so I decided to make that my goat cheese reintro. Had a couple tablespoons. Got bloating, some gas, and some minor stomach aching. Oh well - goat is out too!

Otherwise ate and drank compliant.  

EDIT: Made the No Fuss Salmon Cakes from ISWF last night: easy and tasty!

Quick question....is EVERYONE waiting 2 day between trying the next reintro? Was just wondering how long it takes for all effects to leave the body.

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The recommended reintro schedule in In Starts With Food (chapter 19, page 218) suggests that you reintro, eat clean for 2 days, then reintro the next item, eat clean for 2 days, etc. The idea is to see if you have any delayed reactions to what you had on a reintro day. You could certainly go longer than 2 days between reintros ... I don't know that I would go less.

Hi Everyone! I'm still here. Still eating OFF Whole30. Gee, once off, really hard to get back on! I went to Trader Joe's yesterday but did NOT buy any dried mango...I DID have some pistachios last night....first time in a few days (was having them nightly for a while). Did buy a few cherry pie LARA bars. Cravings to return to vending machine for candy bars at work returned....had a couple of candy bars Satruday when I had to come into work....and a cookie yesterday. Done!  Today I am having Greek yogurt (plain, fage), broccoli, ghee, yam and kombucha for breakfast. Lunch don't know yet...have my dr appt....will see if cholesterol changed due to all the eggs I eat on Whole 30...and also if my calcium and vit D are low (did not take my calcium or vit d supp since May 31). High stress at work today..major project due this week..so brought almonds and LARA bar in case I get the urge to visit the vending machine. Will drink lots of water today too. Worked out 20 min last night on elliptical. First workout in several days. One day at a time..both with food and exercise. Reminding myself of my reasons for Whole30...on my refrigerator. Need to put it here at work too.

Did buy a few cherry pie LARA bars. Cravings to return to vending machine for candy bars at work returned....had a couple of candy bars Satruday when I had to come into work....and a cookie yesterday. Done!  Today I am having Greek yogurt (plain, fage), broccoli, ghee, yam and kombucha for breakfast. Lunch don't know yet...have my dr appt....will see if cholesterol changed due to all the eggs I eat on Whole 30...and also if my calcium and vit D are low (did not take my calcium or vit d supp since May 31). High stress at work today..major project due this week..so brought almonds and LARA bar in case I get the urge to visit the vending machine. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Kelly.  Do you have a fridge and microwave at work? Wonder if it's possible for you to bring in Whole30 compliant mini-meal snacks (e.g., at least a healthy protein and fat) to get you off the Lara Bar dependency?  Especially where it's so high stress for you at work now, I'm thinking clean eating will best support you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The recommended reintro schedule in In Starts With Food (chapter 19, page 218) suggests that you reintro, eat clean for 2 days, then reintro the next item, eat clean for 2 days, etc. The idea is to see if you have any delayed reactions to what you had on a reintro day. You could certainly go longer than 2 days between reintros ... I don't know that I would go less.

Ah, makes sense....I was wondering....Day 1 was dairy.....I had by the afternoon I was fighting chronie fatigue, gas in my GI, and sinus problems....unfortunately dairy is the devil for me.

Another question, when reintroducing gluten are you doing products that's don't have sugar in them? Like pasta vs a muffin?

This weekend I"ll probably reintro sugar and make some paleo pancakes.

On Tuesday I'll be doing gluten-free items. Wish me luck!

Another question, when reintroducing gluten are you doing products that's don't have sugar in them? Like pasta vs a muffin?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gluten reintro recommendations in ISWF are a whole-wheat bagel, pasta and a dinner roll. So yes, you want to try as much as you can to avoid other questionable ingredients when reintroducing a particular item.

Hi Kelly.  Do you have a fridge and microwave at work? Wonder if it's possible for you to bring in Whole30 compliant mini-meal snacks (e.g., at least a healthy protein and fat) to get you off the Lara Bar dependency?  Especially where it's so high stress for you at work now, I'm thinking clean eating will best support you?
---------------------------------

Yes, I do. I know the preferred would be for me to just get back into the 3 meals, no snacks...but since I opened up that path again, perhaps you're right and I should have a healthy protein and fat...vs fruit/nuts in the LARABAR or almonds.

Today when I had my breakfast (the greek yogurt, broccoli, yam and ghee)...I was not very hungry...put the kombucha away for later. Didn't want to have coffee since going to doctor soon and coffee would raise my blood pressure reading...so drinking hot water for now.

Thanks again for suggestions and support.

Kelly

OK, need to be accountable. Lunch was "clean"...resisted temptation to get a wrap or something else.  Went home after dr appt and had hard boiled eggs, avocado, cucumber, tomato, bell peppers, EVOO, balsamic vinegar and kombucha.  Since I may have to work a 12 hour day today, I brought something to have for dinner at work...I took out a serving of the Whole30 Thai curry chicken/veggies....and an extra container of cooked broccoli...will have that for dinner.

Also, got dr report on bloodwork since my Whole 30. I am currently on cholesterol and blood pressure meds...and DID continue to take during Whole 30 but was curious if eating 2 eggs a day would increase my cholesterol...even though I take meds. Nope. Cholesterol levels were the same with my meds...so it appears the eggs were OK to eat so often.

Not so good re the Vitamin D and Calcium supps. I stopped taking them...so have not taken them since May 31. Dr. said my Vitamin D was deficient...that I needed to take 2,000-4,000 IUs a day. I did NOT tell him about Whole 30 and the fact that I stopped my Vit D and calcium supplements without approval. He's a fuddy duddy (but nice) and he hates anything new or alternative. He would most likely tell me off for doing Whole 30 and cutting out food groups.So, I guess starting today I will return to my Vitamin D and calcium supps....and then when I see him in four months, it "should" be better...plus hopefully I'll have lost more weight by then....and I reminded him one of my main goals is to eventually get OFF of blood pressure and cholesterol meds.

OK.....have a great day all. Not sure if I will exercise or not..depends how late I get home. Oh, he checked dog bit and said it's healing fine....last day of antibiotics for me....and my left arm is finally back to normal after the tetnus shot a week ago!

Kelly

Archived