how soon does one see results?

EvB

Hi. I realize this isn't really a troubleshooting issue but I wasn't sure where else to post this. How soon do you start to see results? I'm on day eight and haven't seen any results yet. Thoughts? I'm definitely tired today but otherwise nothing. Thanks for any insight.

I started feeling results within a day. Seriously. My body heaved a big sigh of relief and let go of a puffy face and tummy aches and indigestion right away. I wasn't eating anywhere near Paleo before, though. How were you eating prior to the Whole30?

1 month? 1 year? 1 day? ....it varies for everyone.....AND it depends what you want for 'results'. That can come in better sleep, more energy, less brain fog, etc....I've been going at this for months trying to heal my adrenals and hormones....most say it will take a year and I'm ok with that.....just keep going knowing you are doing the best for your body!

Thank you! I think I was feeling a little down because it seemed people do see results by now but I know, I know...everyone's different. I was 75/25 paleo before I started and while I do hope to lose weight with this, I really want to get rid of my snacking habit and fruit overload.

Results could be a number of things....

It's not a weight loss program, so expecting that isn't the best idea. Try and think about the positive health benefits you experience! There are plenty! If you get to the end of 30 days, haven't lost weight but don't mindlessly snack and eat a mountain of fruit, that will be a huge positive result - wont it?

What kind of results are you looking for? I felt less hunger between meals on about day 3 (I was a chronic snacker). I slept better after a few days. I woke up on day 5 and realized my elbow, which was very painful, especially in the morning, didn't hurt.  I felt and saw my belly be smaller about day 10. I think it was around day 20 that I felt really good (I came down with a bad head cold on day 10 which really messed with me).

The mental changes for me are the biggest. I know I can do this. I know I can survive 30 days with no dairy, wine, chocolate, eggs. I was already grain free, so that wasn't an issue). I know I can avoid being a sugar whore and not feel deprived. Even though I'm off roading now, I still stick to the basics of W30. I did have a glass of wine with dinner last night, and a bit of brown sugar on my sweet potato (we ate out). But the rest of the meal, rack of lamb with green beans, was compliant and very good.

I'm in for the long haul. My body has been messed up for a long time and I don't expect it to be great in 30 days or even a year. But baby steps. I'm a lot healthier than I was a year ago. An I'm a lot healthier now than I was when I started W30. You have to have perspective.

This time when I started the Whole30, I felt really tired and very affected by sugar before I started. The first 3 days were pretty hellish for me, and I was craving stuff like crazy. Now, it is day 12 and now I feel much better. I am no longer as tired as used to be, and my clothes are fitting better. 

What kind of results are you looking for? I felt less hunger between meals on about day 3 (I was a chronic snacker). I slept better after a few days. I woke up on day 5 and realized my elbow, which was very painful, especially in the morning, didn't hurt. I felt and saw my belly be smaller about day 10. I think it was around day 20 that I felt really good (I came down with a bad head cold on day 10 which really messed with me).

The mental changes for me are the biggest. I know I can do this. I know I can survive 30 days with no dairy, wine, chocolate, eggs. I was already grain free, so that wasn't an issue). I know I can avoid being a sugar whore and not feel deprived. Even though I'm off roading now, I still stick to the basics of W30. I did have a glass of wine with dinner last night, and a bit of brown sugar on my sweet potato (we ate out). But the rest of the meal, rack of lamb with green beans, was compliant and very good.

I'm in for the long haul. My body has been messed up for a long time and I don't expect it to be great in 30 days or even a year. But baby steps. I'm a lot healthier than I was a year ago. An I'm a lot healthier now than I was when I started W30. You have to have perspective.

Love this

Archived