Day 26 fibromyalgia way worse and new muscle cramps

Photo_Mom

I've been compliant the whole time. I'm having fibro symptoms I haven't had in years. Joint pain, stiffness mostly. Also, for the past week I've been getting calf cramps, not severe, but I've never had them before.

Before I started the Whole30 I stopped my magnesium, B6 and D3 since they weren't compliant. I added Natural Calm Magnesium on Day 15 and compliant D3 and B6 on Day 22.

Unfortunately, I'm still having migraines which was one of my main hopes for the Whole30.

Any suggestions? I plan to keep going after 30 days knowing my body may take longer but it's frustrating to have issues that were non existent come up.

Thanks.

I'll start logging today. Been on the road and able to eat compliantly but unable to take the time to log. Still having fibro pain. I did add mineral water a little over a week ago and just found out that mineral water contain naturally occurring nitrates. That could be a trigger for migraines. Never drank it consistently until I got them during this Whole30. Will not have any more.

I've eaten way more butternut and spaghetti squash during the Whole30 than normal. Also, way more olives. That's all I can think of right now.

I did eat a lot of eggs the first week then cut them out for the most part. Used them for dipping the chicken in before "breading" and in mayo. I had an issue with egg whites 8-9 years ago but that seemed to be resolved. Definitely could have reappeared. Thanks for the suggestion.

Log from yesterday and a frustrating realization. Monday 9/30/13 - Day 29

M1:

Ground Beef with Italian Sausage Seasoning

Small sweet potato with coconut oil

Coleslaw with homemade mayo

Raw carrots

Black tea with cinnamon stick

M2:

Almond chicken tender (large)

Olives

Tomatoes

Dollop of Butternut Squash leftovers

Sweet Potato Chews

M3:

Spaghetti sauce with ground beef

Spaghetti squash 

Butternut squash

Olives

Just found out, when I went to buy another bottle, that the Red Wine Vinegar I've been using on my salads and in my coleslaw is NOT compliant. GRRRR. It has a form of sulfite added. I've probably had it 8-10 times during the month, all in small quantities. This could be the cause or contributor to my problems. So, TODAY I'm back on Day 1. Hopeful.

Tuesday 10/1/13 - Day 1 (old Day 30)

M1:

Spaghetti Sauce with Butternut Squash

Pistachios

Black tea with cinnamon stick

M2:

5 grapes, 2 pieces cantaloupe and 2 strawberries 

Spaghetti Sauce with Butternut Squash

Carrots, raw

Sweet Potato Chews

Black olives and 5-7 almonds

Snack: almonds

M3: 

Sweet Potato Basil Soup

Chicken/Apple Sausage

Carrots, raw

Almonds

Hi There,

Fellow migraine sufferer here. 

I find I do better without or limited nightshades.  Night shades include: tomatoes, eggplant, potatoes, and peppers.  So people are sensitive to a specific night shade like peppers, others are sensitive to all.  I get bloated and gassy with all of them.  Also too much consumption causes my head to start "buzzing" so clearly there is something going on. 

AI disorders seem to run in my family so the limiting of the nightshades is not suprising.  I did cut out eggs for a while, then intro them again, but we seem to be all good.  So I would recommend cutting the nightshades and eggs for a bit and then reintro them to see where it goes.

Do you have a copy of the meal template? I don't see any protein yesterday until m3: each meal should have 1-2 palm sized protein servings.

Snacks should be a mini-meal including a protein and fat.

The spaghetti sauce has a lot of ground beef in it. Yes, I got the protein in each meal.

Yes, a mini meal would be a better snack. Had to get something in while on the road.

Thanks. I've thought about the nightshades but I love them so much. My family will not like it if I cut them out of all our dinners. I'll have to see what I can do. Tomatoes and sweet potatoes will be e hardest to cut. What about onions? The weird thing is that my fibro was under control for several years and just now kicked up half way through the Whole 30. But the nightshades could be part of my migraine cause.

Hi There,

Fellow migraine sufferer here. 

I find I do better without or limited nightshades.  Night shades include: tomatoes, eggplant, potatoes, and peppers.  So people are sensitive to a specific night shade like peppers, others are sensitive to all.  I get bloated and gassy with all of them.  Also too much consumption causes my head to start "buzzing" so clearly there is something going on. 

AI disorders seem to run in my family so the limiting of the nightshades is not suprising.  I did cut out eggs for a while, then intro them again, but we seem to be all good.  So I would recommend cutting the nightshades and eggs for a bit and then reintro them to see where it goes.

Try adding your B6 back in maybe. That one had some pretty profound effects on me when I was on a medication that caused muscle cramps/feeling of bugs walking under my skin. I thought I was going crazy, then they prescribed B6, and I was fine within days.

Try adding your B6 back in maybe. That one had some pretty profound effects on me when I was on a medication that caused muscle cramps/feeling of bugs walking under my skin. I thought I was going crazy, then they prescribed B6, and I was fine within days.

Thanks for the advice. I did find a B-6 that is compliant and added that back in. I also got a compliant D-3. And when I restarted this week, I added my 5-HTP back in even tho it has rice flour in it. I think it was helping with my fibro so we'll see how it helps after being off it for 30 days.

This is weird! I started this thread but someone else is posting and it is showing up as me. My last post, as shown in this thread, was my meals from October 1 which I posted the morning of October 2nd. Can a moderator figure out why someone else's posts are showing up as from me?

This is weird! I started this thread but someone else is posting and it is showing up as me. My last post, as shown in this thread, was my meals from October 1 which I posted the morning of October 2nd. Can a moderator figure out why someone else's posts are showing up as from me?

The posts I can see are by you? Responses from others, but the ones from the OP are all yours...

On my iPad the following is labeled as from me but it is not. Who is it attributed on your feed?

Hi Everyone! I fell off the wagon last night - only the second time in 2 months of W30, but that means a reset for today and moving my finish date up to first week of November. I succumbed to a snack craving - don't know why, but I need to deal with it.

Mindy - Would love to hook up at some point! I'll check in with you. My son is coming home from college for a short break this week and then my sister coming in from North Carolina immediately following, but hopefully soon.

Magpie - Congrats on being mother of the groom and that incredible weight loss!!!!!

Veggi - I also focus too much on body shape and weight, which is why I've set other goals - trying to live now like the lean, mean machine I will be someday! I've put off doing too many things because if body image and lack of confidence - no more! Also - You shouldn't be hungry at all. Add more protein, more veg or more sweet potato, or a mini meal. I must say, I have a hearty appetite and I've never been hungry on W30. If you don't eat enough it will be so much harder for you. Eat plenty and deal with the food quality first. In time you'll find that your body will require less, because it is being nourished, but please don't be hungry! This is a body healing process.

Onward and upward, everyone!

Photo Mom, I hope you are doing better! I am also a fibro person, with Graves Disease. I am on Day 26 of my first Whole 30, and days 23-26 have been the worst so far. I am super achy, tired, bitchy, and sick sick sick of the food. :) I am disappointed, because I have always been a veggie lover, and now I am dreading them. :(  Wondering if you've had any improvements since you started again? Rooting for you!! 

Melissa

Thanks Melissa. I'm on day 19 of my new W30 and 48 since I began my first. My cramping and fibro pain have decreased a lot. I don't know it was the sulfite in the red wine vinegar, the delay in getting compliant B6, Magnesium and D3 or adding back in 5-HTP (even tho it has rice flour) or if it is just being on the clean eating longer. Whatever, I am glad.

I'm still getting migraines but they respond quickly to Imitrex and seem milder. I still don't feel the Tiger Blood but overall have more energy. I started seeing my energy slowly increase since going off of wheat over a year ago. I get jealous when I read about people who have tremendous success and health improvements by just stopping wheat or in a very short time. My body just doesn't respond that way.

I plan to stay on Whole30 through my next blood test, 11/11, to see the impact of it then I'll start the reintroduction phase. Btw, I've been staying away from eggs unless used as a coating or in my homemade mayo. I've also cut way back on tomatoes. Just not ready to ditch all nightshades. Hope you are doing better.

Lucinda

Photo Mom, I hope you are doing better! I am also a fibro person, with Graves Disease. I am on Day 26 of my first Whole 30, and days 23-26 have been the worst so far. I am super achy, tired, bitchy, and sick sick sick of the food. :) I am disappointed, because I have always been a veggie lover, and now I am dreading them. :(  Wondering if you've had any improvements since you started again? Rooting for you!! 

Melissa

Archived