Day 1 - I am SO hungry!!!

Belbinger

Hello!

I am on day one of my Whole 30. I feel weak and tired, and I am SO hungry. I don't think I have the energy to go to the gym today. Can I eat more than 3 meals? I am following the palm sized protein, thumb sized fat and fill the rest of my plate with veggies. Am I not hungry and just adjusting?

I just need some guidance and support please :)

My meals are as followed:

Breakfast

3 hardboiled eggs

2 cups mixed greens

1/2 avacado

Lunch

Ground chicken (1/4 of a 1lb package)

Mixed baked veggies (cauliflower, onion, red pepper, spaghetti squash)

EVOO (used to cook chicken)

Dinner (have not eaten yet)

1 cup mashed sweet potato

1/2 cup baked mixed veggies (cauliflower, onion, peas, green beans)

I am going to eat an apple on the way home because I am afraid if I don't, I might stop and get fast food. :(

Hello!

I am on day one of my Whole 30. I feel weak and tired, and I am SO hungry. I don't think I have the energy to go to the gym today. Can I eat more than 3 meals? I am following the palm sized protein, thumb sized fat and fill the rest of my plate with veggies. Am I not hungry and just adjusting?

I just need some guidance and support please :)

My meals are as followed:

Breakfast

3 hardboiled eggs

2 cups mixed greens

1/2 avacado

Lunch

Mixed baked veggies (cauliflower, onion, red pepper, spaghetti squash)

EVOO (used to cook chicken)

Dinner (have not eaten yet)

1 cup mashed sweet potato

1/2 cup baked mixed veggies (cauliflower, onion, peas, green beans)

I am going to eat an apple on the way home because I am afraid if I don't, I might stop and get fast food. :(

I'm pretty new as well (Day 6), but as I've been told and am learning, don't rely on the fats that you cook with for your intake of fat with your meal as most of it stays in the pan. Make sure to eat your fat with every meal! I've noticed when I don't, I am super HUNGRY in between meals! Make sure you have at least 2-3 cups of veggies for EACH meal (so for dinner, eat some more veggies & FAT!). Everything else looks good. Hope this helps! :) You can do this! Don't go get fast food!

Welcome to the W30! If you are hungry than you should eat! Ideally you should eat a mini meal with protein, fat, and veggies. Eating fruit by itself can cause more hunger. Ideally you should adjust your servings at meals until you are satisfied with 3 meals. This might take some tweeking and some time. I might suggest making your meals on the higher side of the template (especially if you are active) and eating evenly (don't skip the veggies for ex) until you feel satisfied. If you have leftovers you will have a mini meal if you get hungry before your next meal or part of another meal on another day.

I'm pretty new as well (Day 6), but as I've been told and am learning, don't rely on the fats that you cook with for your intake of fat with your meal. Make sure to eat your fat with every meal! I've noticed when I don't, I am super HUNGRY! Make sure you have at least 2-3 cups of veggies for EACH meal (so for dinner, eat some more veggies). Hope this helps! :) You can do this! Don't go get fast food!

Yes this too! 

• Moderators

You can eat 4 or even 5 meals if that is what you need to be satisfied. That said, you probably need to increase your protein closer to 2 palm-size portions and bump up your veggies and fat until you find yourself feeling satisfied. 

I will echo every one else's advice, but also mention that if you are intending to go to the gym, you also need pre and postWO meals on top of the normal 3 meals.

PreWO recommendatiom is protein and fat, a couple of HB eggs is perfect, and easy!

PostWO is a meal sized portion of lean protein and starchy vegie carbs with little to no fat. Baked chicken breast and sweet potato cooked without fat is a good option :)

Hey everyone,

Today is day 2 and I am feeling great!!! I woke up at 6 without an alarm and I haven't felt hungry all day. I did break and eat two banana's before dinner yesterday, but at least it wasn't fast food.

Today I made sure to up my fat and protein, as well as I added salt as I tend not to add much during cooking and someone suggested that as well.

Breakfast

3 hardboiled eggs

1 cup baked green beans, drizzled with 2 Tbsp coconut oil and garlic

Lunch

1 cup spaghetti squash and mixed veggies

1/2 cup ground chicken

banana

3 Tbsp unsweetened coconut, 5 chopped cashews

Dinner (planning)

1 cup mashed sweet potatos

1/2 cup mixed veggies

1/2 cup ground chicken (I made it all into a shepherds pie type thing)

1 apple

2 Tbsp cashew butter

And I think I am going to hit the gym tonight since I feel much better, so I will definitely take up amberino21's pre and post wo meals.

@amberino21, if I go to the gym 2 hours after my dinner, should I still have a preWO meal?

Archived