Dirty 30 8/21 Start

dcducks1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made the creamy avocado zoodle dish for dinner and give it a "meh."  But I switched the recipe up a bit so it's probably my own fault.  My avocado sauce was too runny and my chicken was overcooked.  At least I have a WHOLE LOT of zoodles left for meals for the next few days.

After being off plan for a couple weeks, Day 2 has pretty much felt like getting back on the horse.  However, I'm planning to quit coffee this go round and haven't done it yet (I'm waiting until I get back to work because why suffer a headache while I'm still on vacation?).  FCODs and CHORES will need to start tomorrow.

Well, group:  I'm still toying with what to do with the frozen boar meat.  Meadow, I love it that you're making so many balsamic reductions!  YUM!

Joni - welcome! So glad you spoke up - this is going to be a fun ride!

And Jen and Nanny - glad you're with us, too!

I went for a 20 mile bike ride followed by a 1.5 mile run today. I'm trying to practice eating while biking, which is no small feat. Today I had a puree of mango, passion fruit, banana. I like that better than the sweet potato.

We had a big party for the end of band camp - I ate before we left and did not partake. I just didn't want to look at the deliciousness.  When I got home I remembered I didn't eat the asparagus, so I cooked it up and ate it! YUM!

A big day of driving for us tomorrow, then a birthday party tomorrow night and and another birthday party on Sunday. I baked all day long today! I was wishing Roseann was here to help!  After I was done baking, I boxed it all up and put it in the car so it wouldn't tempt me.

I have to say, I am feeling pretty great since tightening up the food plan!

Have a great weekend!

Hi All (new and old),

I'm a big overwhelmed today I must say. It is 9:02, I'm tired, feeling a little sorry for myself (DAVE, I wouldn't feel sorry if I was in the bathroom with a passenger, just FYI) and need to go to bed, I'm sure tomorrow am will feel better. My son cleaned the bath today and I'm counting that.

Deb,The refrigerator stare is part of my repertoire too.

I'm so glad I weigh 126 pounds, I love the way it feels. I'm so grateful I no longer need food to control my emotions or fill my voids. I never could have done it without the Dirty thirty.

I think we have a few more newbies whom I did not welcome - so Welcome to all of you. Focusing is not my specialty lately so I will make a list of our new members so that I can address all of you properly.  We still have a few seats left on our flight so all lurkers, please feel free to get on board.

Yesterday my legs pulled me into the fruit section of the supermarket.  I purchased a big half (instead of a whole) of a cantaloupe to minimize the damage.  I ate the whole half in one sitting - included it in a meal of protein and veggies to maintain the spirit of the W30 but, to be honest, the meal was very fruit heavy.  Saturday must be a No Fruit Day! 

Dawner - you are correct; we are very similar.  So sorry to hear about your husband.  My heart aches for you.  I can't imagine how you handled your husband's illness with 2 small children.  I guess we must do what is necessary since we don't really have a choice.

Miki - Steve hasn't received the card.  There may be a problem with receiving mail at the hospital.  Steve's mom had medication sent to her at the hospital and she never received it.  As Deb suggested, if you have a copy of the card, please send it to my home address and I'll bring it to Steve.

Deb -  my style of cooking is called - ultimate simplicity - I cooked the potato by boiling it and adding salt and pepper.  The asparagus was cooked in the oven - I didn't even use any seasonings.  Although asparagus is very healthy, I don't eat it often because I hate the way it makes my pee smell.  You have shared lots of great recipes which could put a new twist on my boring meals so my next step will be Deb's style.

Your group sounds fun - thanks for the invite.  I may lurk a bit - I was planning on a September 1 start so may be a bit behind all of you.  We're in the midst of a move and are eating out most of the time for the next week.  I'll do my best to remain compliant until my official start.

Tracy

Welcome Tracy - Deb's IOD is worth the price of admission here, so you may pick up a few recipes for your September 1 start!

I had to get up early to make the radishes, or I would never get them in today! I made the bacon balsalmic radishes recipe that Deb posted. It was ok, but probably a one timer for me. I do feel really good about trying something new. I'm trying to finish off leftovers before I go to Rick's today, so breakfast was the radishes and leftover slow cooker pork. This morning, I'm missing the days of cereal for breakfast! I feel like I've kicked off the day with dinner.

Happy compliant day 3 to everyone!!!

Good morning Dirty 30!

Today is Saturday which means it is time to clean the yard.....mow, weed whack, trim bushes, rake, pick up sticks.....you get the idea. If it is raining......if your yard is covered in snow......if you have a cliff behind your house......FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTES!

Tomorrow (Sunday....it usually follows Saturday) will be "clean up for somebody else day". Pick up trash on a walk, help a neighbor...yada yada yada! I will be cleaning up the beach............sweet!

Monday - KP (kitchen patrol), today you will attack the kitchen and clean the refrigerator, the oven, the counter tops, inside drawers, straighten drawer contents, and the floor.

Tuesday - this sucks! Vacuum the house!

Wednesday - declutter. Find that drawer, room, closet, HOUSE that needs straightened and get to it!

Thursday - garage. Make it shine......if you don't have a garage......find something else!

Friday - clean your vehicle to match your garage.

All - if you are wondering why there is a chore list, I believe that while we are working to get our health in order, we can adjust our subconscious to keep other parts of our life in order. This just enforces the fact that our world will not be "a mess". My weekly clean list will be heavily modified since I will be on a business trip. I guess I will be picking up a lot of garbage in Texas.

My dog is giving me the "you never take me for a walk" look so I better end now so that he has a chance to smell "who left what pee where" in the neighborhood.

Keep it clean....Dirty 30!

Dave

Miki - why so glum chum? Your son cleaned the bathroom.........you have Deb as a guest this weekend (right?)......don't overlook the good things that are happening in your life. YOU ARE 126 POUNDS!

Sorry you are having a tough day......but that was yesterday so let's not talk about the past. We have static issues in our lives and dynamic issues. Static are in the past and can not be changed. Most arguments and fights are about static issues. "I saw you looking at the girl with the big boobs!" Instead of arguing, the man should say, "this is a static issue".... which means this PAST issue can not be changed...."how would you like me to behave in the future?" Gouging out his eyes is not an option ladies! 

A dynamic issue CAN be changed. "I'm not sure what we should eat for dinner." Many options can be explored and discussed to come up with a mutual agreement.

So....learn to identify between the two and you can quickly "weed out" (notice how that term works perfectly into todays chore...brilliant) what needs to be part of a discussion and what doesn't. Dynamic thinkers tend to be better motivated, successful, and better looking! (not sure about the last one but what the hell).

Have a terrific Mini/ Miki day!

Dave

Dave  - if you ever need another career, I recommend therapist and/or writer.  You have the ability to impact lives in a wonderful way, and you have accomplished that on this forum.  The newbies are going to fall in love with you.  I only say newbies because all of your old passengers already love you.

Good morning, all. A quick question for you: do you keep a food log? Just wondering if you have your own log elsewhere on these forums, or on paper, or something else, and if so, do you find it useful?

I've been keeping a paper journal, and it has been useful to see that when I REALLY eat template meals I feel better (imagine that). I'm listing meals, recipes, and physical/emotional state.

Your thoughts/experience?

ann

Thank you Captain Dave, I needed that! I have low self esteem and I'm working on it. All of this helps! You guys keep it real and keep it fun, I'm loving you all! Off for the day, eggs, grass fed sausage and a TON of yummy veggies, red peppers, mushrooms, spinach, kale

I'm treating my best friend GOOD today cause she's worth it, yay me!!! Thanks again xo

Director Dave, I didn't mean to suck up any of your dog-walking time for a peptalk. I should just post in the morns and the nights are just heavy these days. I'm not going to tell you you're wonderful like Laurie did, goodness, what is she thinking? LAURIE, we already have to live with him all perky and energetic, day in and day out, do we really need him thinking we love him?

If I were going to say Dave was wonderful, which I'm not, I would thank him for his never-ending, energizer-bunny love of learning, love of teaching, restoring my faith that there are loyal and loving husbands. I'm so excited about retraining my subconscious mind. I remember probably...30 years ago someone gave me a copy of Psycho-cybernetics and it changed my life.

Laurie, Deb and I will work on a couple of cards and we'll mail to your house. I will call the hospital and track the other as there were a couple of other things in there that I would like to get to you.  I can't say anything negative about fruit and I continue to remind myself about all the benes of fruit, but for this "compliant whole30" where we want to be in control of our cravings, sugar in fruit is just to quickly metabolized and thrown into the bloodstream. Plus, when I get the fruit where it belongs, in the template with protein, it doesn't entice me get more. I still have the thought, I just don't have to follow through on it.

FOR ME, I'm trying to stay out of stores in the evening when I have little willpower. Nightshopping doesn't work for me. I would take any suggestions for bed eating. It's at a compulsive level. I try to keep it to protein and veggies, but the truth is I'm not hungry, it is just a habit and I need break it.

Hi Ann, I tried using the food log area of this site as I wanted input, but I didn't get much. There is also a troubleshooting area I think. I'm trying to get away from dieting so the writing down feels counter-intuitive to that goal for me, just like using the scale. I know what I'm supposed to eat and if I eat that 3 times a day, not snacks, then I can't do anything wrong. (please note, that is a big if for me). I still struggle with snacking-mania.

Dr. Tracy - it seems we saw you way back, in one of our W30. Dave, I can't remember the first one, but the second was the 69ers, which was where the huge bonding began...we'll look forward to your input and participation.

CC - radishes are easy for me. I make radish roses which I love for whatever reason, I put them in tuna salad, regular salad. If you've never had a Daikon Radish, that's a total different flavor (much milder) and it works like a chip so you can make fun snacks out of it by topping with Guac, smoked salmon, etc.

Meadow - you told Dave I was out dancing...sweetest heart, that was supposed to be our secret... My 126 pound body LOVES to shake its body on the dance floor.

Okay, lost a whole post, don't know what I've said or haven't said so will just do my best and if I sound like the crazy old cat lady, so be it.

Welcome Ann, love the pups.

Welcome Joni

Welcome back Dr. T (I think I remember you for the 69ers...or was there a group before that?)

Nanny D welcome

Joni we love having new folks to torture, I mean encourage and inspire!

It will take me a while to catch up here. But know if you're new I welcome you.

Meadow your post from Tom about what we've learned /are learning is that meat, veggies and fruit are the source of life...anything else is just what we need to deal with on an occasional basis.

I was a little ahead of the group, now I'm a little behind, but I can tell you from personal experience that somewhere between day 8 and day 15 I feel 20 years younger. (Meadow is more a HOT 21 girl) but you will find a day when you start to think to yourself? man, I'm not tiring, I'm not itching,  my pain level is down, my skin has a glow and I don't have to lay on the bed with pliers to zip my pants...AWESOME!

Rosann, I miss you - Rose, I miss "Rosie Raving Repartee in the Morning".

Higs, welcome home - we so missed you and the goat.

I'm going horseback riding for the first time (I think) in my life, next Sunday, can't wait.

May let jacuzzi guy come over tonight (too much energy for my own good these days).

Okay, I'm off to the gym, the Farmer's Market, a little gardening and then a walk on the beach and lunch/dinner with the boss.

I'm standing at the flight attendant's station looking for snacks, sigh.

JONI, please please please...no more Dave love, I can't stand it. Meadow, Higs, CC, Rosann, Rose, Laurie, Cara...they've already ruined him...Someone needs to help me keep him and naked JOE...hey, where is nakid JOE(?) in line.  Come On now, don't let MamaMiki down.

Higs, Meh...that cracks me up. For some reason I was watching some show on TV called Jamies 15 minute meals (that's me) and he had a base sauce that was basil, OO, garlic and maybe a little water. He/she? marinated fish in it, added a little mustard and vinegar to another portion and made a dressing and maybe did something with honey (we wouldn't do that right now) to the other portion. I thought it sounded amazeballs, certainly not "meh".

Archived