I've had warts since 1999. I know. It sounds crazy. Most people will tell you that warts will go away within a few years on their own, but mine just have slowly multiplied. Now I have a small one on the print of my thumb, two under my big toe, and three on the ball of my foot at the base of the toes. I've done a LOT to get rid of them from freezing to home treatments to laser surgery. The last time I saw a dermatologist he recommended chemotherapy (YIKES) which has the slight risk of actually giving me cancer later in life. This sounds like no option for me.

All treatments were very painful, so eventually I just stopped trying to make them go away. I've been eating mostly paleo with only a few days off since the middle of June. I'm now 16 days in to my W30. I've noticed that my warts are less painful than they used to be, and I'm thinking that this is due to my body inflammation being under control. My doctor has said that I have "low immune system functioning," which I now attribute solely to dietary stress. I was always a sick kid (asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, chronic sinus infections, ear infections, depression) and oif course was fed a Standard American Diet (SAD).

I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there who has experienced a wart disappearing on a paleo diet? Maybe my body will have the opportunity to recognize the wart virus and clean it out of my body? I think I had leaky gut, possibly my whole life, that is now finally healing. I know my "wheat belly" is all but gone now. I don't remember ever seeing my stomach so flat! :D This would be really nice, as I'm a yoga teacher and always feel the need to hide my warts from my students. Not to mention trying not to infect anyone else by walking on the bare floor!

I don't have experience with this, but there was a gluten-free cookbook I checked out from the library a few years ago (the name escapes me). The author's son had warts all over and eventually found it was tied to gluten and the damage it caused, and the mom eventually went on to make the cookbook in his honor. No more gluten, no more warts!

This makes perfect sense to me, but I've never heard it specifically addressed or mentioned, tbh. Keep an eye on it for the rest of the W30 and write up a testimonial and send it in to M&D! Your experience could encourage others to make the switch!

Sorry to hear about your wartlings! I had issue with a plantar wart colony :} on my foot and even had those suckers lasered off and had a monster hole in the bottom of my foot. 2 months later - back they came.

What HAS worked and kept them gone is a therapy called DNCB therapy. I had this via the dermatologist and wish I had gone there first, before the laser happy doctor.

Its a gel and they put a spot on your armpit - you have an allergic reaction to it, then come back in a week and they shave the top layer of skin off of your warts and put a spooge of DNCB on it and put a Band-Aid over it, it itches like holy hell for a bit, but is much less unpleasant than having divots of skin lasered off of your body - that was 3 years ago and the plantar warts havent come back, which since, at least, plantar warts are virus driven, only getting to the "root" of the virus is supposed to keep them from coming back.

Anyway - ask your doc or your dermatologist, or call around to see who does this kind of therapy. I was willing to do the off label chemo, but WHOOOBOY that was expensive!! This was just the cost of the doc visit (copay) and they gave me a tube there for my every other day shaveNspooge.

Good luck!

Wow, thanks SO MUCH BrandiLynn! I will ask about that "shave and spooge." Ha! Love it! I was under the impression that that WAS the chemo option, but I will make an appointment with the derm this week. You're awesome.

Thanks for all the replies!

You are very welcome! The chemo my doc wanted to use was bleomycin that I had to get from the pharmacy and it was 290 bucks because insurance wouldnt cover it, as it was an off label use. He uses it with a smallpox cupped multiple needle injector and jams the bleo in the warts.

What we used and worked was the DNCB (dinitro-chloro-benzene) and they might use it in conjuction with chemos for skin cancers, but its not a chemo agent in and of itself (is how I understand!!). And again, no jamming! Just the shaveNspooge :}

I sure understand being tired of having things not work, but for me, man. This was a god-send!! Hooray!

• 4 months later...

Update: I'm going in to the doc on Friday to get these suckers taken care of. I will post results. I'm back on another W30, so hopefully I can get my gut healthier and aid the healing process.

So, they no longer do the DNCB at my dermatologist. <_< He says beetle juice works better; it's the venom or juice from some kind of blistering beetle. Holy cow! :o They put it on and only a couple of my plantar warts reacted. I'm going to need lots more treatments. Doing a W100, so I hope my inflammation goes down and my body can recognize the virus and get it out of there.

I had warts on my hand several years ago back when I was a vegetarian. Not plantars warts. I'm not sure what they are called. I started taking spirulina and within a week they totally sloughed off. You couldn't tell I had ever had warts. My kids did the beetle juice on their plantars warts and it worked for them.

Warts are all the same virus; plantar warts just occur on the bottom of the feet and appear to grow inward because of the pressure from stepping on them.

That's good to hear your kids had success with the beetle juice. I'm not a fan of taking any supplement to cure medical conditions. I doubt that having a smoothie with spirulina in it will cure my 13-year-old warts. Sorry. -_-

• 1 year later...

I rubbed castor oil on a wart as advised by my naturopath. 

Went away pretty fast. 

I know others who have had success with apple cider vinegar. 

Try it, won't hurt you. 

Check out this thread as well:

http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/warts.html

Have to say I tried the banana peel and it didn't work for me. Castor oil did the trick. 

Warts are pretty easy to get rid of naturally. 

Good luck! 

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your responses! All are useful, but probably when you have one or two warts. Unfortunately mine are small and spread all over my face. That is why applying ACV or castor oil doesn't work for me. Plus I have them on my hands as well, so even if I wanted, I cannot get rid of all of them this way. There must be a way to combat them from inside out.

And MeadowLily I was wondering why do you ask about vitamins? At this moment I am only taking Omega-3 oils, D3 vitamin and B complex. But in the past I used to take lots of other vitamins as well.

What a good education.  My son has 2 plantar wart, and just yesterday I prepared this mix: following Essential Oils: 20 drops Oregano, 20 drops Frankincense, 20 drops of thyme, 20 drops of Melaeluca, 20 drops of On Guard blend, I put it in a 2 oz bottle, and then add Apple Cider vinegar, like 100 drops and finished filling it up with coconut oils, We started applying it last night with a cotton dab in the solution and leave it there overnight, will post results next week.  He plays football and got the wart in the locker room.  He and I are being tested for immune allergies, he also has ezcema, and the arms bumps, like a gluten sensitivity.  We are working on eliminate gluten from his diet as much as possible. At 13 it is not easy task. I am crossing my fingers he comes out positive on the test to have the tool I am needing to force the change, and mentally convince him.  I want to avoid so much bad stuff on my kids, that I had gone through due to ignorance.  Being a doctor does not make you infallible... Learning curve still for me.

Will come back with my report next week. Stay tune...

• 1 month later...

I had had a few warts on my legs for a while, and after my Whole30 they're

gone! I just have a little scar tissue (?) left from the biggest, ugliest one. It HAS to have been the healthy diet, I'm thinking. Has anyone else had this happen?

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your responses! All are useful, but probably when you have one or two warts. Unfortunately mine are small and spread all over my face. That is why applying ACV or castor oil doesn't work for me. Plus I have them on my hands as well, so even if I wanted, I cannot get rid of all of them this way. There must be a way to combat them from inside out.

And MeadowLily I was wondering why do you ask about vitamins? At this moment I am only taking Omega-3 oils, D3 vitamin and B complex. But in the past I used to take lots of other vitamins as well.

Because the dermatologist told me that taking lots of vitamins will help them grow!  He also said they help those little skin tags that you find around your collar...on your neck, they help those grow, too.  :D 

I had some of those lil skin tags around the collar.  I stopped taking all vitamins when I started the W30.   They disappeared, they're gone.  Everything is as smooth as grass-fed butter.  

Skin tag facts

• Skin tags are very common but harmless small, soft skin growths.
  • Skin tags tend to occur on the eyelids, neck, armpits, groin folds, and under breasts.
  • One person may have anywhere from one to over 100 skin tags.
  • Almost everyone will develop a skin tag at some point in their life.
  • Middle-aged, obese adults are most prone to skin tags.
  • Obesity is associated with skin tags.
  • Removing a skin tag does not cause more to grow.
  • Some people are just more prone to forming skin tags.
  • Treatments include freezing, tying off with a thread or suture, or cutting off the skin tag.

Everything you want to know about warts...link.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I did not report quite next week, a lot going on in our lives. My son's plantar wart went away after 3 weeks of faithful applying that solution I prepared:

Essential Oils: 20 drops Oregano, 20 drops Frankincense, 20 drops of thyme, 20 drops of Melaeluca, 20 drops of On Guard blend, I put it in a 2 oz bottle, and then add Apple Cider vinegar, like 100 drops and finished filling it up with coconut oil.  We used every night and left it covered with a damp cotton and a band aid, and it is completely gone.  He is now 90% gluten free, but as a good 13 year old boy, still eats a pizza at school sometimes but other than that, he is off dairy, gluten, and most processed sugar. His eczema has improved a lot too.  We are using this lotion in our faces called California Baby calendula cream, it has helped him, but I had an allergic reaction in my right chick that still does not dissapear, at this point not sure what else to eliminate, I am gluten free, dairy, sugar, wine and other alcohol free... that's another story.

Best Results for the warts and skin tags elimination.

Archived