What Magic?

KellyWho

Hi there - I'm on my day 28.  I genuinely don't believe I've made any slips.  Most of my meals were eaten at home anyway, and I haven't filled my diet with questionable "cheats" like a lot of fruit, potatoes, too many nuts or nut butters, etc.  Anyway, I certainly don't feel like I've "wasted" the last 28 days by filling my body with healthy foods... but... I don't really feel a whole lot different.  I do feel as though I've lost some inches around my waist and arms, which is great (and much appreciated!)  I was really hoping to feel some of the other "big picture" effects though.  My sleep is no more restful than it was before (and I wear a fitbit which tracks restlesness during the night which provides data to back that up), my skin hasn't cleared (in fact I broke out more than normal), and I haven't felt an increase in stamina during workouts or overall energy levels.  I felt like it took me a long time to overcome the "slump" (what's described on days 6-7 of the timeline, I didn't get over til days 15-16).

As I approach day 31+ I'm just conflicted about where to go from here.  I've read the "Six reasons why the whole30 didn't work for you" which suggests it may take extra days for some people to feel the magic.  I've definitely got the willpower to keep going, my neighborhood fro yo shop isn't calling my name quite yet even though I used to stop by 2-3 times a week.  Is it worth giving it more time?  Or should I try to reintroduce foods and see if/how they make me feel noticably worse? 

Like I said, I don't feel bad about having come this far, I just want to make smart choices about my next moves!

• Administrators

Congrats on being so close to a major "mile marker" at 30 days!  My suggestion would be that perhaps since you did take longer to get over the "hump" at the beginning, perhaps there is more going on in your body than you might know of and it could take longer for you to "flip the switch".  If you aren't too sad about not doing reintro or indulging in old favourites, you wouldn't go wrong in choosing another allotment of time (45 more days to a Whole45 or 30 more for a Whole60) and pressing on.

I would sincerely advise you though, if you are going to keep going, to make another commitment of time with actual dates....so that it's not so easy to fall into the bacon or the happy hour cocktails because you don't have a firm resolution to stand behind.  Or...maybe that's just me?

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Ya, my first W30 I didn't experience anything too groundbreaking. Day 23 of my 2nd one, and it's pretty much the same. I didn't do an extension last time, but I may this time ... just to see what "kicks in" after a bit more.

Ya, my first W30 I didn't experience anything too groundbreaking. Day 23 of my 2nd one, and it's pretty much the same. I didn't do an extension last time, but I may this time ... just to see what "kicks in" after a bit more.

Yes.   For some it takes longer than 30 Whole days.    I did a Whole 90 and around Day 21 for 3 months in a row...my energy went through the roof.  I've completed 50 days of reintro or my maintenance protocol.   Everything is great and I'm still hitting all of the high notes.   Add more days, there's nothing out there food wise that won't be waiting for you when you're finished.  

I'm having the same problem. One of the main reasons I started this was my energy levels and my sleep patterns. These have not changed and I am on Day 15 now. I have been super focussed and need some advice as to what to examine to see if I am not doing something right. i have always exercised and basically eaten mostly good food but definitely had a sugar addiction hence the headaches at the beginning. Any tips would be most welcome.

Archived