Starting December 1st

jessmfunk

Did the Whole30 about two years ago and never felt better.

Mustering up the courage to give this another go and permanently fix my eating habits. And to feel great going into the new year!

I work two jobs. One as a bartender surrounded by delicious food all day. yikes.

Any helpful tips would be much appreciated to keep me on track.

Getting excited. :)

-Jessica

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our daughter and her family drive 12 hours every year to spend Thanksgiving with us.  They will leave Sunday so that ends the Chick-fil-A and McD's meals with two grandkids who love the indoor play areas at both places.  I'm prepping Sunday and starting Monday, Dec. 1st as well.

I work two jobs. One as a bartender surrounded by delicious food all day. yikes.

Jessica I also work as a bartender and will also be starting a Whole 30 tomorrow on December 1st! It will be my second Whole30. I'm happy to know there is someone else out there who works in the food/bev industry who is committing to this program, it can be difficult at times (I found it VERY difficult not to drink at work for the first few weeks of my first Whole30), but in the end it made work easier and made me better at it. 

I look forward to following your log!

Libby

Hi All

I am starting tomorrow too! I am so happy to know you all are doing it too. I can't wait to feel amazing again (I have done three successful whole 30s before - last July, last Dec and the preceding July.) Lately I have been eating/craving everything that I know makes me feel terrible (wheat, sugar, dairy etc.) I have never felt better then when I am on a whole 30. I feel terrible now. The turning point for me is always around day 12. Tiger blood here I come!

Good luck everyone!

NN

Hello Everyone!  I completed a Whole 105 on September 20th.  In the last 10 weeks, I've gotten off track.

The truth is I've never felt better than when I was on the Whole 30. So instead of waiting until Jan 1, I'm starting tomorrow!

I am lucky that adult beverages are not really tempting for me, so the holidays should not get me off track.

My husband did the first round with me, and will participate for the most part on this round. (I'm sure he'll make some exceptions for Christmas!)

I'm excited to get started tomorrow.

Tag - breakfast is butternut squash in the skillet with sugar free bacon, two sunny side eggs over top, coffee with coconut cream.

Good luck everyone!

My favorite Whole 30 Reference: What to Expect

Starting today, 1st December, as well! I did a Whole30 back in May and felt incredible. Then life happened, lots of attempted Whole30s since, more stress and woah, here we are again, feeling cruddy!

Breakfast: Beef hash with spinach and guacamole.

Jessica - one friend suggested I did 10 push ups every time I thought about eating something unsupportive! Whatever it is always seems a little less interesting after you've pushed through that lot! :)

Hi everyone, I'm starting today too :-)

I tried once before but stopped after a week because my ibs was getting worse. Since then I found out about fodmaps, so I'm hoping that doing a low fodmap Whole 30 will work out better!

ETA breakfast was a three egg omelette made with evoo and mixed herbs plus a big bowl of salad made with grated carrot, spinach and rocket, more evoo and lemon juice ... Felt like it was a lot to eat! Normally I would have coffee and toast and marmalade, but I tend to snack a lot in the morning too, then skip lunch <hangs head in shame> It will be interesting to see what difference this makes :-)

Looking forward to feeling better :-)

Good luck to all of us!

I'm in too :) 

I made it to day 10-11 on my last Whole30 and while I was feeling so great, the temptation around Thanksgiving was too much for me. I'm not sure whether it is actually a good idea for me to start now, especially with all of the holiday celebrations starting, but that's making me more committed to just starting. I'm delighted there's a big group of us doing it too :)

Breakfast for me as Eggs, spinach and some olives. Lunch is prepped and we're off :)

Hello! I'm not totally new, made it to day 13, but yesterday stress + the presence of lots of sweets did me in. Or rather, I chose to make an exception-pie and alcohol, to be exact. But, I'm not waiting to crash for a few days, I know how rotten I feel living on junk. So, new day, new day 1 for me. I have lots of kids, lots of work stress (especially this week) and lots of bad habits to overcome. My big goal is to learn to find relaxation in a wide variety of healthy activities and DO NOT involve eating.

Breakfast? My go to breakfast is scrambled eggs, straight up, with some good salsa on the side :)

Good luck everyone!

Hello December starters.  I've done many W30's plus days but I've never been able to properly follow the "spirit" of the W30.  Eating too much fruit and eating when not hungry were my issues. 

Breakfast/Postworkout meal today - egg whites, spinach, squash (meal lacked fat because it was after a workout)

Redbirdmom - so nice to see you!

Woke up this morning with the "Whole 30" tugging at my heart. I started listed excuses. . .holiday parties. . .etc. However, I completed my first Whole 30 in September 2014. It was the best feeling ever! Isn't life about feeling and being your best? What a great gift to oneself = the gift of wellness, feeling great and joy. 

Here I come new friends. . .I know I will need your support. 

Julie 

What a terrific group we are starting here! Laurie and I were in a group together before and there is nothing that beats the support of others who are in it with you!

Today was pretty easy for me - day 1 always is! I think I feel better already, too!

For those of you who are brand new, I highly recommend the daily emails. It was very motivating for me my first time around.

And, for those who have found themselves falling off the wagon day 10-12...  you are three feet from gold at that point!  It all gets better after that - Tiger blood and all - so hang in there this time. You won't regret it!

Wishing everyone a successful day 2!

Archived