Starting April 6th

Ajamay

After doing Paleo, gluten free, whole food cleanses, juicing and every other eating plan out there I am ready for something straightforward and simple enough (though not necessarily easy) that will finally change my bad eating habits permanently. I eat very healthy, but 3 Lara bars a day, juicing all the time and smoothies in the morning with almond milk, almond butter, bananas, and other fruit aren't doing the trick. I have to rid my body of its addiction to sugar and regain CONTROL of my eating habits. I feel that this will be my key to success.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ajamay, You will love it! I am also starting April 6th, it will be my second Whole30, first one was back in Jan/Feb. LOVE it! I too eat healthy but my shake w/almond milk used to be my daily breakfast. I really never cooked but I have found now that I love it, and I feel this is a truly loving thing to do for myself and my family! I have found several go-to recipes and then try at least one new one per week. Happy to support you on your journey!

I'm starting April 6th as well! This is my second whole30, I completed my first in Jan. My diet has started to slip and I keep trying to clean it up but find myself exhausted with cravings and giving in more than I should.   I'm trying to move my kids and husband towards more paleo eating when they are at home.  We found a lot of new recipes we love during my first whole30. I hope by committing to another Whole30 I can get some more motivation and learn some new stuff about helping with their eating habits as well.  I am happy to help support you as well!

I'm going to give this another try, the last time I made it 2 weeks and all the business meetings got the better of me. 

This time I figure I'll plan a bit better like picking a start date and planning for it instead of "I'll start tomorrow!"

and using the site for support!  

Starting on the 6th makes sense - and gives me time to try a few recipes out this week so I'm not skipping meals. 

Me too . . . starting April 6th. I'm both dreading and looking forward to it at the same time! I was diagnosed with MS about ten years ago, and not being able to exercise like I used to and stress eating has made me gain about 50-lbs over the last 10 years. I'm now diabetic and am sick and tired of being sick and tired! I've got to cleanse my body of all of the the toxic processed foods (and Diet Coke) that I've been feeding it.

I'm glad I read the timeline about what to expect during the process, so I feel like I'm better prepared to deal with all of the ups and downs that come with the program. Since I'm a planner, and am more apt to slip if I don't have a plan, I've already planned my meals for the entire month! I'm going to do a bulk shopping trip and food prep this weekend, so I have no excuses!

I would love to have a support group to commiserate with, lol!

Good luck to all of us!!

I'm starting April 6 as well.

I've done a large portion of a Whole 30 before but was derailed by an unexpected celebration. Before I fell off, I felt great, but I think I needed more fibre with all that meat.

My stress eating has gotten so far out of control! It's been a very stressful winter and I've earned every pound I gained. My weaknesses are wine and things that get in my mouth  :P

I would love to have not only support but some accountability. I'm up for a Facebook group, recipe sharing, battle scars...whatever. 

Best of luck to all of you! 

I am starting my whole 30 on 6 April too.  This will be my 3rd.  I really need to reset and get back on track.  I was in the hospital for 4 days last summer with diverticulitis and have been having trouble with it ever since.  Struggle to keep to a paleo diet and  get enough fiber in my meals despite eating lots of fruits and veggies. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Good luck to you all! 

I am starting my whole 30 on 6 April too.  This will be my 3rd.  I really need to reset and get back on track.  I was in the hospital for 4 days last summer with diverticulitis and have been having trouble with it ever since.  Struggle to keep to a pale diet and  get enough fiber in my meals despite eating lots of fruits and veggies. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Good luck to you all! 

I'd first suggest avoiding raw or undercooked vegetables. Cook your veggies well, and get in 1-3 cups per meal.

I'm starting my Whole 30 tomorrow too.  This will be my first.  I've been diagnosed with arthritis in my back and I'm hoping this will help reduce inflammation and pain...I also want to start creating better habits for my children.

I'm a bit nervous, so hoping to get some support through the forum and share ideas on the way!

Going for another full W30!  I had successful one in 2013 and then since then have eaten well, but I need to get back to a less sweet way of life.

Let's go, tomorrows plan:

Breakfast: Eggs, mushrooms, avocado

Lunch: salmon, green beans, olives, sweet potato

Dinner: brisket, salad, broccoli

Success for me is planning and making sure I get in good carbs....and not overdo the nut butters!

I am starting tomorrow as well. I have had one successful run at this and 2 that I didn't complete. I can not seem to get my eating under control and I am so incredibly addicted to sugar in any and all forms. My goal this time is to really finish it and continue afterwards. I need to get healthy and cure my body of adrenal failure. I am also having joint issues as well. I am also doing a cleanse while I am doing this. My Dr says it will help with the inflammation and the sugar cravings. i am looking forward to this journey with all of you. I have my self set up, I just need to get some of my veggies prepped.

Goal 1: Get permanently on the paleo diet

Goal 2: Exercising and stretching at least 4-5 times per week.

Goal 3: Getting all my food made the night before including vitamins

I'm super excited to be a part of this group starting on the 6th!

The last time I did this, I felt great......although I didn't follow it to the letter. I am ready to do this 100%. Thanks for posting all your comments and stories. In the last 2 years I have put on a lot of weight, and I look forward to shedding the pounds and feeling like myself again. I have some aches and pains going on in my feet and body that I absolutely know is from inflammation, weight and crappy food. I'm 55 :)))))) and look forward to feeling a lot better.

My husband and I are starting tomorrow, on the 7th, since today is still a easter holiday here in germany and we are expecting guests. I am suffering from hashimoto, tried lowcarb for a while but that didn't really help me feeling better and loosing weight. Now I'm trying to focus on feeling better with the whole30 and seeing where the journey brings us. My husband is joining me for support. What a nice guy! I'm a little scared.

My wife and I are starting today as well, we have been planning for awhile. This will be our second time. We fell away slowly into our old habits and need to get back on track!  Our pantry and fridge are purged and well stocked -  we ready to go!

We always feel better when we eat clean, I can not wait to feel that way again!

Day 1 - going ok so far, but it is only 9:30am :)   The weekend I had some sugar and a good amount of bread so I am prepared for major cravigs later today.  I am ready with some tea and a snack if needed.

We have a nice group here - let's stay together for 30 days!

WholeAmy

MAryAnne

MHMom

New Angela

SKellyCat

Ajamay

Hannah

Alyssa

Sooner

honeybadger

Hi,

I thought I'd already posted here but can't see it.

I'd love to join you all. Just started a second attempt today. ( Last time was over a year ago I think ) I think I'm more prepared physically and mentally this time. Look forward to sharing.

xx

Hi there!

I'm trying to complete my 1st Whole30 starting April 6th too! Let me know if anyone wants to be accountability buddies or if anyone has a hx of binge eating, disordered eating and we can chat too. I have tried to complete a Whole30 before, but needed support, so I'm looking forward to sharing here. :)

Archived