dizziness - more salt, more fat, or both?

Day 23 - in the home stretch but plan to keep a relaxed W30 until my sister's wedding in July.

Things were awesome the first two weeks but the past week or so I've been having issues with the room spinning on me both getting into and out of bed (things are fine with sitting, standing, moving around - it's just that shift from vertical to horizontal or vice versa). I thought at first it was just a one-off thing but it's continuing. I'm eating according to the template, no snacks, and trying to remember to salt all my protein and veggies, but I'm wondering if that might not be enough? Other ideas for getting more salt in? I don't like raw nuts or olives. :(

Typical meals:

M1: 3-4 eggs scrambled with diced onions/peppers and a heaping T of homemade mayo mixed in, more veggies on the side

M2: roasted chicken breast and new potatoes (tossed in olive oil and roasted), homemade BBQ for dipping, raw peppers or jicama

M3: meatballs in marinara over zoodles sauted in coconut oil

M1: leftover meatballs, fresh batch of zoodles sauted in coconut oil

M2: 1 can tuna w/heaping T mayo, raw jicama or cucumber

M3: diced chicken breast over salad greens (lettuce, spinach, cherry tomato, cucumber, zucchini, whatever's on hand) - not quite a mixing bowl sized serving, but close! - with oil and vinegar

I am also struggling to incorporate fat at EVERY meal - I don't care for avocado so I'm relying heavily on foods sauted or tossed in oil or ghee, mayo in my eggs, and oil/vinegar dressings. Haven't had any issues with satiety, but thought I'd throw that out there as well.

Routinely getting 8-9 hours of sleep, 80+ oz of water daily, stress is low, at least one starchy veg per day and no more than one serving of fruit.

Salt your food until it tastes delicious. Some days a little will do you and other days you'll want more. When you're eating a whole foods diet, it's pretty hard to overdo the sodium.

Would this be why I'm sometimes getting cramp in my toes? 

I still haven't figured out the exact cure for my own foot/toe cramping. I supplement with 400-800mg of magnesium daily (combo of oral magnesium citrate, topical magnesium oil spray, and sometimes epsom salt baths) for reasons unrelated to cramping, but the cramps still happen. Potassium did squat to help. Salt might be helping the issue. I use A LOT of salt on my food--as in, I intentioally don't salt according to my tastes when cooking for others because I might kill them. My husband took me out for breakfast once after I had gotten home from Crossfit. I heavily salted my food three or four times while eating and the only reason I didn't add  more was because I was tired of lifting my arm. I couldn't finish all the food on my plate so my husband was going to finish it for me and poor man gagged on all the salt.

That's probably an extreme example since it was a combination of my seemingly natural state of sodium depletion coupled with a heavy sweat session.

• Administrators

I intentioally don't salt according to my tastes when cooking for others because I might kill them. My husband took me out for breakfast once after I had gotten home from Crossfit. I heavily salted my food three or four times while eating and the only reason I didn't add  more was because I was tired of lifting my arm. I couldn't finish all the food on my plate so my husband was going to finish it for me and poor man gagged on all the salt.

OMG, this is totally my entire life! 

Archived