Starting May 25th

Guest bfree11

Guest bfree11

Day 8

Breakfast: onion, kale, broccoli 2 egg omelet, a few cherries and blackberries (like 5 of each), black coffee, a few cups of water

Lunch: steak, zucchini/squash w/ olive oil, kombucha

Dinner: meatballs & zucchini noodles, kombucha

Exercise: Hot yoga (tons of water before, during, and after)

Post Dinner Snack: ***Not proud of this*** the rest of the damn plantain chips and freeze dried fruit. I still had less than the recommended portion size on the container, so it's not like I went completely crazy here, but I ate it to "get rid of it" so it would stop tempting me. This is silly. I should have just thrown it all away! In the greater scheme of things, I'm not going to gain weight because of this decision, but I practiced an old, negative behavior that could definitely get me in trouble after the Whole 30. 

I'm going to be completely honest. At first, I felt really hurt and defensive when I read Ladyshanny's feedback on some of the food choices I made this week. After taking some time to really look at my reaction and think about where it stemmed from, it was because I knew she was completely right. At first, I wanted to defend myself by saying things like, "I'm still eating better quality food than I used to, my portion size of my snack was smaller than it used to be, I'm doing the best I can, I don't like eating big meals because it takes too long and I get too full, etc." But then I started thinking about the behaviors and the way they made me feel. I felt ashamed and guilty when I was snacking. I 100% know what my "No brakes" foods are and if they're not in my house, I'm totally fine. I plan to take a long, hard look at the Meal Template and add more veggies to my meals. I guess I felt hurt because I feel like I've given up so much and I'm eating so much better than I was before, and wished that that could just be good enough. I felt like the pride I had in myself for making the choice to do Whole 30 got crushed a little when I read that feedback. 

To summarize my feelings after deep, thorough reflection:

1. I am doing a great job and I'm very proud of myself for doing the Whole 30.

2. After week 1, I acknowledge that there are areas upon which I can grow and get more out of the Whole 30.

3. My meat, veggie, fat portions need to change at each meal in order to get the most out of this program.

4. If #3 is done, I should not feel hungry enough to snack. If I feel like snacking, it's not because I'm hungry, it's because I'm bored, lonely, etc.

5. Weekends are a trigger for me because of all the downtime. I need to stay busy!

6. Eating behaviors that make me feel guilty during the Whole 30 are going to feel 10000% worse after the Whole 30, when I could potentially eat grains, dairy, sugar.

7. Week 2-4 are all about eating 3 solid meals each day. Poor planning or giving into emotions are the only things that could potentially stop me from doing this. 

Thanks for all of the support everyone. I know I can do this. I've got a lot of bad behaviors to change, but I feel like I have a better understanding of what my challenges are now and what I need to do instead.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bfree11

Day 8

Breakfast: onion, kale, broccoli 2 egg omelet, a few cherries and blackberries (like 5 of each), black coffee, a few cups of water

Lunch: steak, zucchini/squash w/ olive oil, kombucha

Dinner: meatballs & zucchini noodles, kombucha

Exercise: Hot yoga (tons of water before, during, and after)

Post Dinner Snack: ***Not proud of this*** the rest of the damn plantain chips and freeze dried fruit. I still had less than the recommended portion size on the container, so it's not like I went completely crazy here, but I ate it to "get rid of it" so it would stop tempting me. This is silly. I should have just thrown it all away! In the greater scheme of things, I'm not going to gain weight because of this decision, but I practiced an old, negative behavior that could definitely get me in trouble after the Whole 30. 

I'm going to be completely honest. At first, I felt really hurt and defensive when I read Ladyshanny's feedback on some of the food choices I made this week. After taking some time to really look at my reaction and think about where it stemmed from, it was because I knew she was completely right. At first, I wanted to defend myself by saying things like, "I'm still eating better quality food than I used to, my portion size of my snack was smaller than it used to be, I'm doing the best I can, I don't like eating big meals because it takes too long and I get too full, etc." But then I started thinking about the behaviors and the way they made me feel. I felt ashamed and guilty when I was snacking. I 100% know what my "No brakes" foods are and if they're not in my house, I'm totally fine. I plan to take a long, hard look at the Meal Template and add more veggies to my meals. I guess I felt hurt because I feel like I've given up so much and I'm eating so much better than I was before, and wished that that could just be good enough. I felt like the pride I had in myself for making the choice to do Whole 30 got crushed a little when I read that feedback. 

2. After week 1, I acknowledge that there are areas upon which I can grow and get more out of the Whole 30.

3. My meat, veggie, fat portions need to change at each meal in order to get the most out of this program.

4. If #3 is done, I should not feel hungry enough to snack. If I feel like snacking, it's not because I'm hungry, it's because I'm bored, lonely, etc.

5. Weekends are a trigger for me because of all the downtime. I need to stay busy!

6. Eating behaviors that make me feel guilty during the Whole 30 are going to feel 10000% worse after the Whole 30, when I could potentially eat grains, dairy, sugar.

7. Week 2-4 are all about eating 3 solid meals each day. Poor planning or giving into emotions are the only things that could potentially stop me from doing this. 

Thanks for all of the support everyone. I know I can do this. I've got a lot of bad behaviors to change, but I feel like I have a better understanding of what my challenges are now and what I need to do instead.

Guest bfree11

Rebecca, You're doing great! It's fun to read your posts because they are so honest and full of enthusiasm! You are just a day behind me, so I will keep reading your posts for inspiration.

Thank you thank you thank you! You have no idea how much this means to me!

Guest bfree11

Hello Rebecca!!! You have put me to shame with your level of commitment and being organized for this challenge. I thought I was doing okay, but I'm not nearly as organized - I love, love, love the binder and calendar idea~!! I started my challenge on March 27th, so only about 2 days before you. I started kinda weird though because I 'practiced' for about 6 weeks before I decided to take the plunge.....the day I started I happened to be compliant all day so I made that my day 1. I knew it was going to be challenging for me because I have this innate fear of starvation....so I 'practiced' as I cleaned out my fridge and my cupboards of all the non-compliant foods and learned to incorporate compliant foods. As the weeks progressed, I had more and more meals that were compliant and less and less non-compliant snacks and treats in between.

I don't recommend starting this way, but for me - it is working so far. I'm still working on figuring out what I'm going to eat by "tomorrow night's" dinner and beyond and if I don't do some more planning, I will get bored with the food.

I do however, love all the foods I'm eating. I love vegetables and used to have a hard time getting enough vegetables. Now - its the focus of my meal. I try to get just enough meat or eggs like they recommend (like a palm size portion) and fill the rest of my plate with vegetables - even for breakfast!! I mix up the ways that I cook vegetables so each day is not the same.....I grill them, sautee them, cook in the microwave plain, and steam them. By the time I work through eating most of my veggies, I've eaten just the right amount of the proteins and I'm good and full. And mushrooms!!!! There is a wealth of health benefits to mushrooms, so I'm finding myself sticking them in there in all the various ways of cooking them too!

I wanted to comment on your constipation - I use to struggle with it as well but a friend of mine told me that a magnesium supplement is your best friend. I take usually 500 mg each morning, but if you are constipated you can take one in the evening as well until you feel as though the problem is handled. I have a hard time taking iron supplements and magnesium was a real game-changer for me!!! A good magnesium supplement is a good idea regardless as there are so many benefits. "It Starts with Food" addresses good supplements and they mentioned magnesium as well.

Well - just wanted to send you a shout out, as I was very encouraged by your posts. I just logged on to this forum tonight for the first time and your posts really jumped out at me. I will be following your progress and gleaning from your great ideas!!!!

Liz

Thank you SO much! You brightened my day! Thanks for all the tips. 

The constipation has gotten way better, but I used to take magnesium and really liked it, so maybe I'll start again! My Day 8 post discusses some of the challenges I faced week 1 and how I plan to conquer them the remaining 3 weeks. While I am a very organized person, I still have had a lot of struggles with the behavior change aspect of the Whole 30! I hope you're having an easier time than me! 

• Administrators

Day 8

Oh no! I'm so, so sorry that you felt discouraged and hurt from my feedback! Admittedly I lack some of the softer sides when it comes to responding sometimes and I tend to lay it out as I see it. But dude, it wasn't a criticism of you as a human being! Food doesn't have that power, it's just what we use to fuel ourselves and sometimes it takes a little guidance and map reading to learn exactly what you, as a unique human needs.

You absolutely should feel pride in yourself for choosing to take on the Whole30 and maybe it is a world away from what you were used to before. But do you really want to settle for "just good enough"? Do you really want to put in this insane amount of effort and mental challenge to get part of the way? I'm guessing no. ;)

Finally, I wanted to say that the reason that I even picked you out of this group thread to respond to about your food is because you remarked in more than one post about how tired you were and how you were struggling with cravings. It wasn't because I wanted to slap you in the head and tell you you're doing it wrong but because I didn't want to see you continue to be challenged with energy issues and cravings when that part really is such a simple fix.

I hope you're feeling better this evening, if there's anything I can do, please let me know. The entire mod team is here to try and help give you the best possible shot at getting an awesome 30 days with minimal transition and struggle.

Guest bfree11

Oh no! I'm so, so sorry that you felt discouraged and hurt from my feedback! Admittedly I lack some of the softer sides when it comes to responding sometimes and I tend to lay it out as I see it. But dude, it wasn't a criticism of you as a human being! Food doesn't have that power, it's just what we use to fuel ourselves and sometimes it takes a little guidance and map reading to learn exactly what you, as a unique human needs.

You absolutely should feel pride in yourself for choosing to take on the Whole30 and maybe it is a world away from what you were used to before. But do you really want to settle for "just good enough"? Do you really want to put in this insane amount of effort and mental challenge to get part of the way? I'm guessing no. ;)

Finally, I wanted to say that the reason that I even picked you out of this group thread to respond to about your food is because you remarked in more than one post about how tired you were and how you were struggling with cravings. It wasn't because I wanted to slap you in the head and tell you you're doing it wrong but because I didn't want to see you continue to be challenged with energy issues and cravings when that part really is such a simple fix.

I hope you're feeling better this evening, if there's anything I can do, please let me know. The entire mod team is here to try and help give you the best possible shot at getting an awesome 30 days with minimal transition and struggle.

Thank you so much for your response! The feelings I had were completely about me and my insecurities/guilt for not giving this 110% of my effort. I have a habit of doing a great job with surfacy things in life, but not always giving my all to the tough, nitty gritty stuff. I am SO thankful for your support, guidance, and for calling me out and expecting better from me! You're right, I don't want to settle, I want to give this everything I've got, and I wouldn't have come to that realization without you, thank you thank you thank you! I feel so much better. When I noticed how strong of a reaction I was having to your words, it made me realize that there was something else there that I needed to reflect on. After a little while, I realized I was just mad because you were right and my ego didn't like it! It sucks to admit all this to the world, but it's true. Food has controlled so much of my life and self-esteem up until now. 

Once again, thank you for noticing what tweaks I can make to feel less tired and reduce cravings and sharing your wisdom with me. I need to trust the process! :)

I love how up front and positive you are, and how you acknowledge and deal with your feelings.  I'm a couple of days ahead of you on the timeline and I'm working on getting the meal template figured out, too.  Somehow that aspect didn't really register with me at first.  I don't know what ladyshanny said to you, but she commented on my thread when I was struggling with terrible fatigue and a certain amount of, shall we say, attitude challenge.  She told me to eat a sweet potato immediately.  And you know what? She was 100% right.  I've felt better ever since.

Give yourself lots of credit both for making a great start and for making adjustments to improve your outcomes - and extra credit for excellent emotional processing!  You're a champ and you are going to do great.

Guest bfree11

WOW. Thank you SO much. You are too kind! I'm trying to be honest with myself and my emotions and do this the right way so that I never have to relapse and start from square 1 again (which I've done many times). It feels so good to know that I'm not the only one who has had trouble with the meal template. For me, part of it was not putting 100% of my trust in the program and still thinking "I knew better" with some things. I guess I was so focused on the fact that I was eating compliant foods, that I forgot that the amount we eat is equally important! 

Ladyshanny noticed I was struggling with cravings and feeling tired a lot, so she told me that my meals were too small and that snacking only perpetuates the cravings. She explained that if my meals we bigger and I used the template, I wouldn't need to snack. She was right and I am so thankful for her guidance. If I don't deal with the bad behaviors, then I'm just going to go back to my old ways after the 30 days. 

Thank you for putting a big smile on my face! This forum is amazing! 

Hi Higgles, try changing your mindset.  The snacking and noshing all day was then, this is now and you are committed to yourself and the choice you made to do this.  Nothing is going to cause you to cave, you are stronger than the pull of processed frankenfoods!   :D

Thanks ladyshanny. I put my lunch in the fridge at work and looked around at all the snack foods and was like does any of these really sound appetizing? Not really... I am hosting an event this week and there were 2 boxes of donuts on the table. I successfully stayed away and kept trying to remind myself why I don't really want them... first, the sugar will make me feel bad, and I'll feel guilty. But also, I'm sure they're dry even if they're not stale. The sugar and chemicals will give me that feeling in my mouth where it feels like its coated in something gross, and ultimately, I bet they don't taste good enough to break 9 days worth of work.

Stay strong everyone.... We can do this. It's hard at times but our hard work is going to payoff in the long run.

What positive things are you noticing since starting Whole30?

For me.....

1. Blood glucose readings are all normal(and that is without medications)

2. I haven't taken any Advil since starting (use to take at least 6 each day)

3. My skin looks and feels better

4. I don't have sugar or carb cravings

5. I don't snack between meals (that is huge for me I was the queen of snacking)

6. I seem to have more patience now....things don't bug like before

7. My energy level continues to climb

8. My wedding rings are loose

Guest bfree11

Bree11.... Oh no I just realized you're from Tampa.....Chicago girl here.....how about those Blackhawks? Should be a fun series with the Lightning....but sorry, we're going to have to bring Lord Stanley's cup back home to sweet Chicago :)

Jmn1962, I just moved to Tampa from Boston, so I'm not a Lightning fan! Go Bruins! :)

Guest bfree11

Day 9

Breakfast: Veggie omelet with lots of extra veggies & 2 eggs, small cup of kombucha

Lunch: Huge salad with chicken, 1/2 avocado, balsamic, 1 small spoon of nuts/seeds

Dinner: Grass-fed burger with 1/2 avocado & onions on a lettuce bun. Rest of the plate was full of zucchini and green beans. small cup of kombucha

Alright guys, I stepped it up a notch today, with how I filled my plate. I made sure that all extra space was taken up by veggies and that my protein was palm-sized. My breakfast needs improvement, I know. Tomorrow I'm going to add a hot dog to the eggs and more veggies. 

I'm feeling leaner. My stomach feels smaller and I'm not feeling bloated from junky foods anymore. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago to get blood tests done and today I went back for my follow up. They weighed me and I totally peeked. Hey, I didn't weigh myself, they weighed me! I guess I should have closed my eyes, but I was curious. My scale at home is hidden and I'm not going to weigh myself, as it tends to easily mess with my emotions. However, I do have to report that I was 186 two weeks ago at my first appointment and today i was 182. Same time of day and everything. I hope me being so honest about this doesn't tempt anyone to weigh themselves, don't do it! The truth is, this information didn't surprise me at all, I could feel it. My body felt a little smaller and my clothes fit a littler better, so there was no need to find out my weight. 

My bloodwork showed that my cholesterol was a little high. Not high enough for medication, but my doctor recommended that I only eat egg whites and no red meat..... yikes. I thought all that was proven to be a bunch of crap? I've never had high cholesterol, but my parents have it. I'm going to keep eating the way I'm eating and then have it all checked again in a few months and see where I'm at. 

Hitting the double digits tomorrow, 10 days strong!

Guest bfree11

Day 9

Breakfast: Veggie omelet with lots of extra veggies & 2 eggs, small cup of kombucha

Lunch: Huge salad with chicken, 1/2 avocado, balsamic, 1 small spoon of nuts/seeds

Dinner: Grass-fed burger with 1/2 avocado & onions on a lettuce bun. Rest of the plate was full of zucchini and green beans. small cup of kombucha

Alright guys, I stepped it up a notch today, with how I filled my plate. I made sure that all extra space was taken up by veggies and that my protein was palm-sized. My breakfast needs improvement, I know. Tomorrow I'm going to add a hot dog to the eggs and more veggies. 

I'm feeling leaner. My stomach feels smaller and I'm not feeling bloated from junky foods anymore. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago to get blood tests done and today I went back for my follow up. They weighed me and I totally peeked. Hey, I didn't weigh myself, they weighed me! I guess I should have closed my eyes, but I was curious. My scale at home is hidden and I'm not going to weigh myself, as it tends to easily mess with my emotions. However, I do have to report that I was 186 two weeks ago at my first appointment and today i was 182. Same time of day and everything. I hope me being so honest about this doesn't tempt anyone to weigh themselves, don't do it! The truth is, this information didn't surprise me at all, I could feel it. My body felt a little smaller and my clothes fit a littler better, so there was no need to find out my weight. 

My bloodwork showed that my cholesterol was a little high. Not high enough for medication, but my doctor recommended that I only eat egg whites and no red meat..... yikes. I thought all that was proven to be a bunch of crap? I've never had high cholesterol, but my parents have it. I'm going to keep eating the way I'm eating and then have it all checked again in a few months and see where I'm at. 

Hitting the double digits tomorrow, 10 days strong!

• Administrators

Day 9

Food looks good, bfree!  :D  Nice job!  Are you feeling any better? Less tired, less cravey? 

Don't worry about the cholesterol.  First, remember that your body needs cholesterol.  Second, as you release weight the cholesterol that is stored in body fat will be released into the blood stream so it could be a temporary elevation.  

Way to go Rebecca! I'm so glad you are not getting twisted about the cholesterol numbers. Limiting simple carbs has solved high cholesterol for both my brother and my sister. My husband is on meds for it. I'm just patiently waiting for him to do my NEXT Whole30 with me to see if it helps. Also, if you weren't fasting before the blood test it can throw the numbers off.

According to the timeline, we are about to hit the doldrums. I've been poking around the Nom Nom Paleo website for meal ideas and have found a bunch of good ones. Eating delicious food in reasonable quantities has made this so much easier than any of the other 400,000 things I have tried to lose weight. And, like you, I don't need the scale to tell me it's working. I can see it and, more importantly, feel it. My rings can spin on my fingers now!

Guest bfree11

Food looks good, bfree!   :D  Nice job!  Are you feeling any better? Less tired, less cravey? 

Don't worry about the cholesterol.  First, remember that your body needs cholesterol.  Second, as you release weight the cholesterol that is stored in body fat will be released into the blood stream so it could be a temporary elevation.  

Yay! Thank you! I'm feeling WAY less cravey, like I can't even believe how little I'm thinking about food. It feels so insignificant! I did feel really tired this afternoon, but I went to yoga anyways and felt more energized after. I might try a brisk walk next time I'm feeling sleepy. I'll be curious to see if a few more days of eating proper portions helps me get rid of the tiredness. I bet it will! And thanks for the cholesterol reassurance!

I really appreciate you checking in! :)

Guest bfree11

Way to go Rebecca! I'm so glad you are not getting twisted about the cholesterol numbers. Limiting simple carbs has solved high cholesterol for both my brother and my sister. My husband is on meds for it. I'm just patiently waiting for him to do my NEXT Whole30 with me to see if it helps. Also, if you weren't fasting before the blood test it can throw the numbers off.

According to the timeline, we are about to hit the doldrums. I've been poking around the Nom Nom Paleo website for meal ideas and have found a bunch of good ones. Eating delicious food in reasonable quantities has made this so much easier than any of the other 400,000 things I have tried to lose weight. And, like you, I don't need the scale to tell me it's working. I can see it and, more importantly, feel it. My rings can spin on my fingers now!

I totally agree about eating delicious food. Nom nom paleo is awesome! It really helps me stick to the plan when I'm excited about my meals!

Guest bfree11

I want to read through your log when i have more time!!!

I read your first post.

Love the binder idea!

You can do this :)

Aww! Thank you so much! :)

Hi Everyone, it has been a busy week, there was nothing to take for lunch today so I resorted to a Lara Bar, first one I have had, not too bad, it did feel a bit like cheating however. I made it to the market today after work, so the meat, eggs and veggies have been restocked, thank goodness. I can't believe it is day 12 for me, woohoo! Today at work we were celebrating a co-workers birthday with cheesecake, fortunately I had to run out to an appointment, by the time I got back the party was over, phew, dodged that temptation!

Sounds like everyone is doing well, getting used to this way of eating, yeah us! Have a great night!

Guest bfree11

Day 10

Woohoo! 1/3 of the way!

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 hot dog, green beans, zucchini, 5 cherries & 5 blackberries, small cup of kombucha

Lunch: rotisserie chicken, small portion of yucca, zucchini & yellow squash

Dinner: grass-fed burger, 1/2 avocado, lettuce, sweet potato, kombucha

Alright, so Week 1 was all about becoming fluent in compliant vs. non-compliant foods. Week 2's focus has been learning the right portion sizes of these compliant foods. I think my portion sizes were perfect today. All my meals were a lot bigger than I'd normally eat, but I didn't feel gross after eating them and it took me 4-5 hours to get hungry again, which I really liked. I didn't think about food during the day at all because I wasn't feeling all this hunger. I always used to see how long I could go before eating and just have coffee for breakfast because it made me feel "thin" but then I'd pig out later because I'd be starving and feel deprived.

I didn't have a single craving today. I mean sure, I really really like pizza, but I know what happens to me when I eat it. I feel guilt for polluting my body, and the feeling of shame causes me to use food as a coping mechanism, and of course the foods I start craving are the grains, dairy, and sugar. Then I get myself in this spiral where healthy eating feels like this far away island that would be waaaay too difficult to paddle back to. I feel this relief that I'm finally back on the island and I never want to get off. I'm afraid that if I even put my feet into the water, I'll get sucked back into cravings and shame. I haven't read the reintroduction chapter yet because I felt like there was so much other stuff to absorb at the beginning and I wanted to stay in the present and not obsess about the future. My biggest fear is relapsing and I'm so thankful that I'm in a good, healthy place right now and not in that dark, addiction shame spiral of junk food.

Also, I can feel my hip bones when I put my hands on my hips! I remember this feeling from when I lost some weight back in the Fall, but I gained it back, and here I am again, feeling my hip bones! My stomach just feels smaller and not bloated. I love it!

Guest bfree11

Day 10

Woohoo! 1/3 of the way!

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 hot dog, green beans, zucchini, 5 cherries & 5 blackberries, small cup of kombucha

Lunch: rotisserie chicken, small portion of yucca, zucchini & yellow squash

Dinner: grass-fed burger, 1/2 avocado, lettuce, sweet potato, kombucha

Alright, so Week 1 was all about becoming fluent in compliant vs. non-compliant foods. Week 2's focus has been learning the right portion sizes of these compliant foods. I think my portion sizes were perfect today. All my meals were a lot bigger than I'd normally eat, but I didn't feel gross after eating them and it took me 4-5 hours to get hungry again, which I really liked. I didn't think about food during the day at all because I wasn't feeling all this hunger. I always used to see how long I could go before eating and just have coffee for breakfast because it made me feel "thin" but then I'd pig out later because I'd be starving and feel deprived.

I didn't have a single craving today. I mean sure, I really really like pizza, but I know what happens to me when I eat it. I feel guilt for polluting my body, and the feeling of shame causes me to use food as a coping mechanism, and of course the foods I start craving are the grains, dairy, and sugar. Then I get myself in this spiral where healthy eating feels like this far away island that would be waaaay too difficult to paddle back to. I feel this relief that I'm finally back on the island and I never want to get off. I'm afraid that if I even put my feet into the water, I'll get sucked back into cravings and shame. I haven't read the reintroduction chapter yet because I felt like there was so much other stuff to absorb at the beginning and I wanted to stay in the present and not obsess about the future. My biggest fear is relapsing and I'm so thankful that I'm in a good, healthy place right now and not in that dark, addiction shame spiral of junk food.

Also, I can feel my hip bones when I put my hands on my hips! I remember this feeling from when I lost some weight back in the Fall, but I gained it back, and here I am again, feeling my hip bones! My stomach just feels smaller and not bloated. I love it!

Day 12 today, overall I'm feeling pretty good. I think I'm still a bit weak from being sick so I haven't started working out again and I really want to. Like Bfree said, my cravings are about gone too. I went by the snack bar which they restocked with some of my former favorites, and I rolled my eyes but didn't "miss" anything. Meal sizes however still need some work. Hubby doesn't load up the vegetables the way I would like, so my M2 which is always leftovers from the night before isn't large enough to keep me from getting hungry throughout the day. I think I need some help adjusting my meal times because there is about 7 hours between M2 and M3, so maybe I can get some help in another post :)

That being said, I really applaud my husband for his help, considering he doesn't want to do this with me. I've mentioned before but he's a skinny guy with no food issues, either digestive or mental, and he loves to snack. I've always got on his case about snacking but in reality, he's not overweight or unhealthy so who the heck was I to tell him he should eat more at meals and snack less? Well we got into a discussion a few days ago about the "sugar dragon" and he said he doesn't have one he doesn't crave sweets. So I told him sugar isn't just sweet, all the snacks he has is sugar, and so we got into an arguement of carbs converting to sugar and what is he craving blah blah blah. Long story short, he checked the labels of his snacks at the store and didn't buy any of them. He joked about the "sacrifices he's making for me" but seriously admitted that he wants to be healthy too, and maybe he can find some healthier snacks like nuts to keep him going. He's been really diligent about reading the labels when shopping for me and while I'm not surprised by his support, I've been a person who has tried so many different "plans" that I'm sure its exhausting for him. I don't care if he follows the plan, but it would be nice for us to eat mostly similar things.... after me spending a year as a vegetarian and him not, that was exhausting enough for the both of us!

Anyway, enough about me, I hope everyone is having a great day!

Archived