Whole 30 Virgin starting on the 3rd of August!!

deekeaveney

Hey there!

I have dabbled with Paleo in the past and have found it really effective. I'm a dancer and when I was in full time training, I adopted a paleo based diet and found it very beneficial. I am getting ready to go on tour in December and really need to get my strength, fitness and body back in order. As well as regular training, I need to get serious about my food again and this seems like the best way to go about it all! I'm excited and looking forward to feeling healthy and happy about my body. 

i will be starting on the 3rd of August as I can't go without coffee this week, extremely late working hours at the minute, 4 am hello! 

Any other athletes or dancers starting around this time, so we can help and encourage eachother??

Cheers!!

Dee 

hi I am a newbee to whole paleo style lifestyle. i have been vegan for past year and I was vegetarian before that. I am a crossfitter and i need to  get back on shape too. I am starting my whole30 vegetarian-paleo this coming week . I think it will be really helpful for us to support eachother, because most of the times I am not comfortable to explain what I am doing to the people around me. but here we can inspire each-other.  

Hi Mariam!

Good to connect with you! I think it will help us both to keep on track diet and exercise wise. I am working with a personal trainer at the gym as well as training in gymnastics, pole dance and ballet to get back in shape. I won't be doing the vegetarian version but would love to trade recipes and tips on cooking vegetables and other paleo friendly dishes. :)

Hi! I started on July 23rd, but my husband is starting August 2nd or 3rd, so I will go 30 days with him. I am a runner, group fitness and Zumba instructor.

Oh, and you don't have to quit your coffee! If you're willing to give up sweetener.

Not a current dancer, but I was once a dancer, gymnast and cheerleader. I would love to get back to that level of health, and even improve upon it. I've been pretty paleo in the past and I did great with it, but even knowing how good I did keeping paleo, I've still had a hard time getting back on the horse with it. I am hoping that successfully completing a Whole 30 will be just the kick in the pants I need!

Hi! I am a dancer and Pilates Instructor. Looking to get back into peak condition as well! My goal is to practice what I preach, get back into taking same care of myself that I encourage clients to do. Combining Whole30 with challenging myself to do at minimum a daily 10 minute Pilates mat workout.

Excited to connect with other fitness professionals! We can do this!

How are you finding it? I'm trying to plan out my workouts for the week just like I plan out my meals. 

Today I need to at least fit in my 10 min Mat...I have plans tomorrow to do an hour Pilates equipment with a friend, and TRX. Also trying to add in other supportive things to think about more than what I'm not eating (like even though I'm eliminating certain foods how can I ADD positive things in..like interesting podcasts, reading, music, nature etc.

Pot Roast in crockpot for tonight-YUM!

Hey! I had to push back my start date til tomorrow coz it was the busiest weekend of the year where I work and I just didn't have the time to prep. Have a PT session at the gym in the morning, then gymnastics on Wednesday, pole on Thursday and bootcamp on Friday. I'm excited to get this shiz on the road! I miss Pilates, its been more then a year since I did a class, I must get back into it!

I really like your idea of adding elements to your life! I'm trying to think of ways to reward myself that don't involve pastries and cappuccinos! I think buying myself some earrings or underwear at the end of each week will do it, then some new shoes at the end of the month!

I do like the idea of value or rewards that aren't food based. Like quality time doing something you enjoy or taking care of youself in another way. Pilates is great to take on the road, and you can add a theraband or towel for extra resistance/support on a lot of excercises. There is a website called PilatesAnytime where you can watch entire classes and follow along. I go there for extra inspiration.

Enjoy your first day! Today was my second day. I am happy to be on this path. I prepared my food, and will have tonight's pot roast for tomorrow's lunch.

Soooo first day! Eggs, bacon and tomato for breakfast. So annoyed I slept in and missed my training sesh at the gym, my body clock is all messed up from working nights so I guess my trainer is gonna kick my ass even more tomorrow! Might check out that Pilates website today, thanks!m

Did TRX last night! I hadn't done it since the start of summer. Sore today and good to shake up routine of only pilates and dance. I love that its low impact on joints but so challenging and awesome to work upper body/core @ same time. 

Breakfast today: 3 egg scramble with fresh tomato, green pepper, and shredded crockpot chicken. YUM! Already feeling the benefits of starting the day off with protein and carbs from veg. Oh and trying to drink 8oz water before black coffee ;)  

New Podcasts I'm into:

Balanced Bites by Dian Sanfilippo and Liz Wolfe

Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert

Sounds like you rocked the day! I had a 4 egg veggie omelette before my PT session at the gym this morning. We did a back and shoulder workout, including TRX which was great. Had a homemade beef burger afterwards. Just had a stuffed bell pepper and potato for lunch. Was supposed to go to gymnastics tonight but I got called into work for the night. Yay barwork!

Feeling good today though and haven't been hungry. Gym and pole dance class tomorrow!

Trying to stick to the 3 meal template.

Had my big protein breakfast: 3 eggs, crockpot chicken, peppers, tomato, added avocado this morning before I taught group Pilates. Usually I would teach on an empty stomach and feel drained halfway through class but this morning I felt like the protein carried me through!!! Excited by these new habits!

Good for you! I had a big brekkie too but stupidly, didn't bring any food with me when I went into town for the day. I have a beef stuffed pepper in my fridge that's calling out to me! Another half hour til I'm home to eat it and I'm STARVING! Just shows what happens when you don't plan ahead. :/

How's it going you guys?? I'm really sore from a leg and ab workout I did yesterday and had a late night at work. Now I have to travel two hours to teach a class and back to go into work again for the night! Think I prepped enough food to see me through though. I think this is the part where I'm supposed to want to kill all the things but I'm feeling pretty good really! Happy and positive and strong! Crush your weekends friends!

Archived