Full Tilt Boogie

MeadowLily

Choices and Consequences.  We cannot compare ourselves to others or be easily led by anyone's desire to control us.   Coworkers,  relatives, family and friends.  Their ways may never be your ways.  

I wish I was 6' tall but that is not happening.  I am in charge and can make decisions on the spot-about/with those who want to cram highly engineered to be craved foods down my mouth. I can easily put any baked sugar/carb to bed like it was my pet parakeet.  Cover it up with a towel, let it go to sleep and then put it away.  

I also know that what comes naturally for some...not having to think through their food choices will not work for me going forward.  I can't wing it like they do.  I have to think and choose the consequences.  That's not changing.  It's extra steps but I can't go back to Groundhog Day.

Remember the strengths in your family.  Pull on those when you need them.  Reach back and bring them along to the future.   I'm really paying attention to everything they say because I realize I have the best leaders right by my side.   I hope you do, too. 

Time to get back over there for more hugs and kisses all around.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fat Adaptation.  You can have real food carbs and still be fat adapted.  That includes potatoes, parsnips, turnips, carrots, beets,  rutabagas and all of the rest. 

If you're scared of real food carbs but are drinking alchohol with a zero carb diet and have replaced actual food with alcohol...that's going to affect the healing of the gut.  It doesn't decrease inflammation or heal the metabolism.    Eating more fat, fat, fat doesn't compensate for drink-o-rexia or contribute to gut healing.  Drink-o-rexia...skipping meals and drinking alcohol,  aiding and abetting zero carb everything.  

If you're in fear of a carrot or sweet potato but prefer alcohol over food,  Houston, we have a problem.

Insulin resistance and chronically elevated blood glucose is associated with metabolic syndrome. Resistant Starch may improve insulin sensitivity and decrease blood glucose levels in response to meals. Consumption of 15 and 30 grams per day of resistant starch showed improved insulin sensitivity in obesity. Resistant Starch decreases the blood glucose response at the time it’s eaten and blood glucose/insulin levels also rise less with following meals.

Cook them and eat them cold if you want to, resistant starch levels go higher.  Do not be in fear of potatoes.

RS contributes to weight loss, including decreased blood insulin spikes after meals, decreased appetite, and decreased fat storage in fat cells and preservation of lean body mass.

RS, alterations in the gut microbiome in association with obesity, which changes towards that seen in lean individuals with weight loss.  Gut microbiota of two predominate beneficial bacteria, Bacteroidetes and Firmicutes, varied considerably in association with body composition. Obese individuals often have a higher proportion of Firmicutes to Bacteroidetes.   Alcohol doesn't fix it so don't be in fear of potatoes and carrots. 

In Paw's day, raw sweet and white potatoes (peeled/juice) were used to heal the sick babies and children.  Dyspepsia Complaint.  Gut healing. 

They say we should close our computers up and don't visit with our virtual friends.  But what they didn't say was that they could be some of the best people you'll ever meet and share your feelings with.  

The Whole 30 is a judgment free zone.  The forum folkaronies will let you blubber and bawl, blather away and still come back tomorrow.  I've done more crying in front of this screen than I've ever done in front of anyone.  It's been a huge part of my thrill eating recovery from using food to shove my emotions down.

I am surrounded by beauty.  It's everywhere I look.   Introspection vs. Rumination.  There's a fine line there.   Introspection requires action and rumination leads to depression.  Looking at scenery is great but sometimes we need some actual feedback from others who've forged a trail into the New Frontier.   

The trouble is the field of science, medicine, universities, biotech companies - you name it - have been so splintered, layers, sub-divided, hacked that people can spend their entire career studying one tiny little cog of life.

Craig Venter

Archived