Full Tilt Boogie

MeadowLily

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wished everyone at the party a Happy Birthday.  They said, it's your birthday and I say I don't really like birthdays.   Mine anyway.  I don't.   I was dragging my feet making it over there.  I would've liked to keep driving but I didn't.  I've never liked my own birthday.

When I was in high school,  I used to stay after school and clean out my locker on my birthday.  I would drag my feet going home for the birthday cake.  Birthdays...I'm just not that into you.

High expectations and I'm  not into all of the jacked excitement about getting a year older. There. I said it.  It's another leaverite.    How old are you?  It's really nunya.  

Nun ya bees wax.   I don't like being interrogated about how much I weigh or age.  

Do you ?

How OLD are you?   Even that question gives me a pinch.  Just tell 'em  nunya.  Folkaronies taught me never to ask people about their age or weight or income.  Good manners.

You want a piece of birthday cake?   No, thanks.  I'll  El Paso.  I really wanted to take that cake out to the landfill and stomp on it.   I don't like cake and I'm glad it's over. When it's your birthday it's not as easy to put your piece of cake to sleep like your pet parakeet. Throw a paper towel over it and take it out to the landfill when no one is looking.  

They expect you to eat it and I can't stand it.  I choke on it.  Birthday cake makes me cry.

I took a few bites and it was so not worth it.  Leaverite.  Leave it right there. 

You know what I mean about the pet parakeet.  Daily putting your pet birdie to sleep at night.   I would never take a pet parakeet to the landfill.   My pets always have a place of honor with their own stone and name.  

Charlie-Brown-Thanksgiving-Pie.gif

I went for a ride to get the birthday stink blown off myself.   My so worth it moments don't consist of sugary baked goods or desserts.   I don't even like them.  The things I can do every now and again are actual homemade foods that won't jack ye olde BS UP.  If I want something sweet which I really don't, I will eat some berries. 

I can go for some homemade chicken noodle soup, ham and bacon - eggs and hash browns,  authentic Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Thai or other dishes on occasion.  I prefer these things over desserts and candy bars.  My tastebuds have changed.  There's something else that really works for me....actually going out to one of these places and leaving it all right there.   Another leaverite. 

I don't bring it home to hang around the house. I can walk off and leave it there without thinking about it again.  I flip the switch.   It works.   I don't eat in my car or pulling out of a drive-thru. 

I prefer eggs and ham. My knowledge of eggs is tremedously wide.  I've eaten them boiled, I've eaten them fried. Poached and shirred and scrambled, hummeled, shmummeled, cuddled, frammeled. I've eaten them beaten and swizzled and swuzzled.  Frizzled, cadizzled, bamboozled and fuzzled.  I know every way that an egg can be guzzled.  And thinking of eggs reminds me of ham. My favorite dish is eggs and ham.  

The dog whisperer uses tapping or a slight nudge to move a dog out of a "state" of aggression, fear, distractions for training purposes.  If you need to tap your head, that's alright.  

I remind myself of where I've come from and what it's taken to get here.   For my recovery I had to create a pain list.  The pain list is a reminder of where I was.  

Then I had to create a happy list and what had to happen in order for that to actually happen. When the answers made me take action,  I was actually getting somewhere.

I look back at my lists for an anchor.  They help keep me grounded and a return to point center.  I don't need to retrace my steps and start all over again.  

A Whole 30 is only 30 days but it may take longer for your head reset to catch up with your food reset.Bear-Pic-001.jpg

You say anchor, and I must admit how much I always considered Max as my anchor... I had a charm made for him that was an anchor. Maybe I should wear it... It may make me feel more grounded...he was in the navy when he was in the French military service, and was always into navy themes, anchors, and the like... Thanks for reminding me to look for my center.

Max fought the good fight. Wearing the anchor will give you something to smile about. He had a perspicacious nature and discernment.  You know that by the farsighted signs he left behind for you to keep you going. 

I realized something today.  Remember a long time ago,  we talked about honoring our hunger with real foods otherwise we trigger the primal drive to treat ourselves with play foods.  I'm no longer treating myself with play foods as a reward for good behavior.

Unlocking the mysteries and secret key for the WHY of treating ourselves with food.

Sugar = Approval and Cheering and Love

Where the mind goes the body will follow.   The old foods I used to crave were made with straight sugar, corn syrup, upside down sugar, artificial flavors and more corn syrup. Trickery Triggery. Stress eating and food rewards were only comforting for less than 5 minutes and then it added to the stress.

Sugar rewards no longer mean approval and cheering and love.  I'd rather have some ribs, coleslaw and a vinegary sauce.

cakeintherain.jpg

MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no

MkSZxg3ezX-2.png

Your positive food management plan may include cake.  This is a judgment free zone. Everyone is a unique snowflake and butterfly.  One size does not fit all.  Our plans will look differently.

Bacon is just another word for a fat source I lurve.  It is my favorite food group but I can't eat it every day.  Our lines in the sand are different for each one of us.  

Hutlifr lurves sweet potatoes.  She can eat them every single day.  Laurie likes carrots and fruit. We're not robbing any banks.  We're simply eating bacon, sweet potatoes, carrots and fruit and extra special good things.  That is all. 

Recovery from food addictions and disorders.   The brain absolutely loves routines.  Hutlifr, Laurie and I have been here long enough to know that Whole 30 is all about optimizing routines for hormonal balance. 

Genetics may be out of our hands but routines are not.   Template, sleep and mood stability.

Eating at regular intervals...4-5 hours will set you on the path to weight stability, too.

Spending time with others is a big part of recovery.  Food can't replace friends or family.

Exercise and fun, too.  Emergencies may throw you off but get back to your positive food management plan routines.   

Whole 30 = balanced circadian rhythms.  Regular sleep patterns along with consistent daily food routines. 

Huge. 

Emotional eating is an emotional rollercoaster by using food to shove the emotions down. Social interaction with others is positive.  Actually getting out and being in the midst of others...milling around and shooting the breeze.

Step away from making rationalizations why you need food for comfort.  That only lasts for less than 5 minutes.  We are creatures of habit and starting your day at the same time is good. Recovery from emotional eating takes longer than 30 days and it happens in small steps. 

Planning your script for the next day is part of recovery.  Food Prep.  Setting your clothes out for exercise and a specific time.  Mentally prepare yourself with routines.   I used to wing everything and it did not work.  

Don't you admire someone with discipline who gets out every morning.  You watch them running down the road or over at your gym.   They're dedicated.  Let them inspire you.  Your brain may find routines foreign in the beginning of a Whole 30 but don't give up.  Let routines become your comfort.

Emotional eating and drinking won't fix it.   Drinkorexia, techorexia and all of the 'rexias.  

Bye Felicias.  

Archived