Full Tilt Boogie

MeadowLily

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://whole30.com/2012/04/sometimes-it-is-hard/

The comments. ^^^  

Carb addicts and alcohol.  

Don't snack and 4-5 hours inbetween meals.   I do that.  

I don't have to over-restrict the allowed foods down to a nub.  I don't have a fruit or nut allergy. What caused T2 was refined carb eating.   Fruit and nuts had nothing to do with it because I wasn't eating those.

I was making lots of smoothies with created in a lab and manufactured in a factory denatured protein powders.  Multi-crap.  My vitamix hasn't been used for much of anything since I've stopped drinking smoothies.

The template doesn't call for using fruits and nuts as the main attraction for meals.   Snacking doesn't help you overcome T2 or food/carb/sugar addictions.   

But the template doesn't say that you have to eliminate fruits and nuts either.  Disorder begets disorder. Restricting further causes food obsessions/addictions/disorder.  When we tell the carb addict to eliminate fruit and nuts and they go off on a food bender...their brain will hold fast to never eating another piece of fruit or nuts again...but they will allow themselves to return to the scene of the usual refined carb eating suspects for a thrill eating food bender.

Balance is everything.   In the beginning,  my brain was not thinking about a fruit and nut bender.  My brain wanted me to fall back into eating bowls of pasta, pizza and bread.  Fruit and nuts weren't even on my radar or an after-thought.

When we assign human characteristics to food...nuts are dangerous and fruit will ruin you, for the disordered...they'll never go near those items again.   However, they will go back to the refined carbs or alcohol for days and months on end until rebound has found its home once again.

Wash. Rinse.  Repeat.   

Anything that's on the allowed food item template list...no problem.   I can even veer off the path on occasion  and not start weight cycling again.   Linear eating.  Reducing/restricting foods down to what you can count on one hand causes food obsessions.   

Stating you can't follow the W30 rules because they're not restrictive enough.  Taking it down to the nub.    That will only work for a few weeks or months.  

Sitting down to the table and eating nothing but a cube of 'clarified' butter.   The body will create an alternative fat metabolism pathway.   The body will reject all extremes.  It will begin to fight you tooth and toenail to stay afloat and survive.   

For the food obsessed/addicted/disordered....you don't need to restrict allowed foods down to a plate of 'clarified butter'.  Your mind and body will rebel.  Rebound will be found.  

Go ever so slowly.  Stop dieting.  Don't aim for rapid weight loss.  If you do what you've always done you'll get what you've always gotten.

So your clothes aren't falling off after 30 days.   You can't see the internal changes that have taken place.

We heal from the inside out.   If you can't see anything, it might take longer than 30 days to repair what needs to be fixed.  You'll know when you've really dealt with the core struggles,  you'll quit weight cycling with wild swings UP and down. 

Go slooooowly.    "I know this is not a diet BUT" you want the side effects of weight releasing, and you want 10-15 lbs in 30 days.   That's dieting .    

Have you ever been able to maintain weight stability with all of your past dieting history?   If not, then you have got to quit dieting.  Allow your body and brain to work through the process without telling it what to do or how to behave.

Don't allow yourself to interrogate yourself or anyone else to do it for you.  One size does not fit all.  

Keep your eyes forward and don't look to the left or the right.   Tiny steps for tiny feet.  No comparisons with others.  Their ways are not your ways.   Their thoughts are not your thoughts.  

Celebrate your excellent Whole 30 all by yourself if you have to.  Nice job all the way around and it sounds like you kicked 'BUT' frankly.   Don't worry about the side effects.  

Your healing efforts can go unrecognized and disguised on the scale.  It's only one data point. 

When your Whole 30 was done, I hope for your efforts you got a euphoria bump.  You deserve it and don't let the scale or anyone else ruin it for you.

Teach your children well.   Teach your children how to be well.

"Teach Your Children"

You, who are on the road must have a code that you can live by.

And so become yourself because the past is just a good bye.

Teach your children well, their father's hell did slowly go by,

And feed them on your dreams, the one they fix, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,

So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

And you, of the tender years can't know the fears that your elders grew by,

And so please help them with your youth, they seek the truth before they can die.

Teach your parents well, their children's hell will slowly go by,

And feed them on your dreams, the one they fix,the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,

So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

This song has been ringing in my ears for days and days.  I use music for part of my positive food management plan.  This is the part I really like...

You, who are on the road must have a code that you can live by.

And so become yourself because the past is just a good bye.

You must find your own code that you can live by.  You of tender years and tender hearts.   Find you own way.  It will be a good way and no one can take it from you.  No looking back.  No looking back. 

I am stressed out... his Angelversary is coming up, I have to liquidate mom's apartment, and move myself into my new place...

I am starting a whole30... Only that, and your support, will help me thru the month...it will keep me focused and help me get to May 1st, one day at the time, one box at a time, and one meal at the time...

I am stressed out... his Angelversary is coming up, I have to liquidate mom's apartment, and move myself into my new place...

I am starting a whole30... Only that, and your support, will help me thru the month...it will keep me focused and help me get to May 1st, one day at the time, one box at a time, and one meal at the time...

Alright now.  We'll keep rolling down the highway.  You, Laurie, me and whoever else is going through really tough family times through the tears and memories.  Angel-versary.   I like that, Hutlifr.  

There are many good reasons why it's called Whole 30.   It's only 30 days.   

I completed 90 days before I did a  Slow Roll Reintro but in hindsight, 30 days is just right.  You only need one Whole 30 for those reintro results.  

If you don't complete a reintro phase and you're secretly/openly using the Whole 30 for weightloss, you risk falling away if you keep going for months on end.   Then you have to restart all over again to get those much needed Food Reset tests.

You might lose interest or decide it's not necessary.   It is the best part of the program. The reward for all of your hard work.  You need those results so you can create your own positive food management plan going forward.

There have been many along the way that did not think a reintro was necessary.   They found rebound weight gain.  Some became discouraged and faded away.   A Slow Roll Reintro buys you some time to get your head wrapped around what foods really aren't contributing anything to your overall health and well being.  

Some of these redonkulously refined foods are used for nothing but stuffing your emotions down.  They will not get your body moving because all you want to do is lay down on the couch and throw hooch booch bottles at the TV.  

They make you SAD sad or angry or depressed or miserable and so low that if you sat on a dime you couldn't swing your feet.  In hindsight,  they always made you feel that way.   They marsh your mellow and make you hang your head and cry, cry, cry.

How will you know these things unless you conduct a reintro phase.  You won't know it. You'll be guessing and surmising.  You want those testing results.  You need them.

The Whole 30 is not a marathon or competition.  It's only 30 compliant days.  Try pushing yourself to 3 months and you might just fall back into those old foods that got you nowhere good.   In a nutshell or the whole bushel - 30 compliant days is truly enough.  There's no such thing as a 365.  

One small tiny non-compliant item and that Whole 30 is over.  It's done.   You have to restart again if you want accurate results.   

Lean into 30, only 30 compliant days.  Throw your hands in the air and stick that landing. Stick it.  

Stick-the-Landing.png

Boom Shakalaka.  It's done.  Do your reintro and create your plan.

Landing-Sam-Mikulak-US-Nationals-Gymnast

Put your gameface on today.  Paint your face.   If you're sad add more chapstick and attack the day.  Go outside and get the sadness blown off yourselves.  Go for a walk.  Bawl your heads off if you want to.

Come back and take a long, hot shower.  Cry some more if need to.  But let's get up and get rolling.   Let's  pack one box at a time and throw out everything we don't have use for...give it to the goodwill.   If you want to look at things and read, that's alright.   Just get at least one box done today.   

keep-calm-and-put-your-game-face-on-2.pn

When it comes to food and culture, that's just a fancy word for your Maw.  If your Maw was a good cook, that's no guarantee that you will be.  You have to pay heed to your Maw's culture and cooking and learn it.

If you didn't, it's never too late to  learn how to cook for your family.

Without cooking, you're reliant on drive-thrus and canned/prepared/processed foods. Without good cooking your family will eat Unhappy Meals.   In spite of the plethora of recipe and dieting books our national culture is the unhealthiest on the face of the planet. 

Linear eating is not healthy.  The greater the variety the healthier you are.  While Western medicine is supposed to keep us alive the Western diet keeps making us sick.   We have gastric bypasses, heart bypasses and diabetes insulin pumps.

We pay more and eat less.  There's over-restriction and dieting and fasting to compensate for all of the Unhappy Meals.  You can't let your culture be your guide if your Maw fed/feeds you Unhappy Meals. You have to learn how to cook if you let your Maw do all of the hard work.

A Whole 30 requires cooking.  Your skills will improve as you tool along.  Your entire family reaps the benefits of home cooked meals.  

When your Whole 30 is finished,  you will have to keep cooking to maintain your health. We have to walk like an Egyptian and eat like our European friends, the Irish, French, Swiss, Greeks, Italians, Dutch, Spanish, Belgians, Austrians...sit down at the table together as a family.  

FODMAP/AIP folks aren't the only ones with gut issues.  T1  and T2/insulin resistance/thyroid problems....there's digestive issues that are helped by the W30 protocol.  Bone broth, booch, fermented vege...it helps T2, too.   I can tell you that my digestive tract was messed up for quite some time before T2 actually showed up.   And it took months for everything to improve.  It took at least one year.  It didn't happen overnight but healing the digestive tract was a huge part ofthe healing process for T2/insulin resistance/thyroid for me.   The pancreas is part of the GI tract....along with the liver and gallbladder.

Everyone knows the drill if you've been here for a few weeks...   You eat your Whole 30 breakfast and you keep doing it until it becomes automatic.   Don't change that.

The rest of us who have been fine tuning the gut flora/digestive tract know that you have to Seal the Deal.

Seal the deal with bone broth and fermented foods so you can balance out the gut flora.  If  the bacterial fauna is out of whack and you have strange critters living in your gut....seal the deal every day with bone broth.   If the fauna have been eating holes through your gut like the chewing and gnawing locusts,  they have to be dealt with.

Seal the deal.   If you've read the W30 and articles, you know the gut flora is priceless.  It's the flora that turns your gut lining into a beautiful bed full of living things that prepare a room for your food.

Gut flora that is strong and healthy makes a way for you without whey or weigh.   Gut flora is the root of healing.   Fix your flora and fauna that is ultimately out of bounds will have to fall in line.

Eat your breakfast every day.   Drink your bone broth.   Add fermented foods.   Gut flora is your everything.  It's the center of the wheel.  Your core.  

Gut flora will cultivate a healthy gut lining and the gut lining is connected to the brain and the heart and the pancreas.   You already know that if you've been here awhile.   

Eat a wonderful breakfast and don't stop believing. 

1449591811_199.jpg

Laughter is good medicine.  Watch the entire clip ^^^ and report back if you didn't laugh at least once. Laugh with your gut lining.  Let your flora laugh so hard you feel like rolling around on the floor as you watch the horse at the 2 minute mark do his Yoga...and Cris P. Bacon. 

Anyone working through the AIP/FODMAP/Thyroid and so on.  Knowledge is ever evolving. Linear eating = 10 foods or less and forcing one's self to stay in that  lane.  Rotating with 10,000 different things is better than 10.   

Those unchecked childhood viruses..Epstein Barr and others.   The gut lining/flora is your real friend.  It is the center of your body's Universe.   Healing your gut is more important than shrinking your bu##.

Archived