Full Tilt Boogie

MeadowLily

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe gastric bypasses will one day be looked upon as barbaric and brutal as lobotomies.  

You can have the surgery and still rebound with every single pound.  It may take ten years.  Removing stomachs is not the answer.  It doesn't fix the head.  They'll find the genome that flips the switch for those who do not have a shut-off valve or know how to tie the sack off before it bursts at the seams.

The missing chip. 

gal-stache-samelliott-jpg.jpg

Until then,  stop dieting in the name of love.  

The buck stops here.   It's a family tradition.   Why do you smoke or drink or eat multi-crap.   Snap out of it.   Your children are watching you.   You lead by example.   They will follow in your footsteps.  Their lil ears and eyes see everything you do.   They will absorb your traditions like a sponge. 

Break the mold and step out of those family traditions.   For the kids. 

Whole 30 is clear.  Paleo is confusing.

"Paleo" is owned by no one.   80/20 or 90/10 or 60/40  can mean "Paleo snacks" 40% of the time. Paleo definitions multiply like the stars in the sky.  

My Paleoamerican ancestors were not eating coconut oil, olives or nut butters. They did not have clarified butter/ghee or Macadamia Nut Oil.  I have all of these things and I'm Paleoamerican.  I don't have to reinvent the wheel or duplicate what they did.  If I told you what they did, eating only eggs for breakfast would be the least of your worries.  

Enjoy what you have.  Give thanks.

Paleo Pancakes are just a fig newton of the imagination.  Those didn't exist either.  Who needs them. 

Why don't wild animals have Cancer or Diabetes or FODMAP's or IBS or Crohns or any of those things?

Because they don't eat multi-crap or drink or smoke.    I'm surrounded by wild animals and none of them are sick or obese.     House pets have cancer and diabetes.  Food for thought.

River-Otter-Trout-Lake-Yellowstone_WikiP

I just love your posts... I get them by email, and barely come onto the forum to comment. I keep on thinking where I would be if I had not run into you. I lost so much in this last year, even a big chunk of myself. I seriously don't know anymore who I am, where is this woman who always had a purpose and fun and was positive no matter what, where is she? Will I ever feel whole again? I think I keep on doing a whole30 because somewhere, I am convinced it will make me "whole" again. I learned so much this past year too, I learned who my real friends are, and who is family and which family members matter. Neither my sister, nor my brother have reached out to me, not even my dad.

Despite of all the things I have lived thru in the last year, I managed to stay true to my eating, and never once did I feel the need for filling any void I felt with any type of food... It does not take any willpower, it's just not there anymore. My guts are wayyyy better, but I am not where I can eat rice, without paying consequences. I am seeing a wonderful doctor in Zurich who is following up with me on the deficiencies my doctor in Paris brought up, and it all goes back to gut health... Either too much of a good thing is being absorbed, or too much is being eliminated. My path to healthy guts is long, and I will get there one day, I am convinced about it. You cannot undo in 30 days what you have done in 20 years.

That's my motivation! to get my body to fully absorb the nutritious stuff I do feed it. The other day in a restaurant I asked for strawberries for dessert, and I asked them specifically to just give them to me "al naturale"... Unfortunately when they served them, I noticed a red sauce over them, so I told mom I was not gonna eat them. She said it was just sweet stuff, but I said I could not do that to my guts... It's not worth it...

I got the keys last night to my apartment in Heidiland. I anticipated that moment to be very exciting, but again I cannot feel anything, as I think my mind has switched again to being numb, given his Angelversary is coming up. I am not sure how to spend the 27th... I keep on thinking what would Max want me to do, and I come up with nothing... I thought that by now I would have finished my memorial page to honor him, but no...

On day 7... It's like second nature to me now, amazing feeling when I think how much I struggled the first week of my first whole30...

So long my virtual best friend... Hope the folkarinies are ok at your end!

Hutlifr,  don't go anywhere. consoling-smiley.gif?1292867575  Stick around.   We're just getting warmed UP. wordpooper-smiley.gif?1292867702It was only yesterday that we found the Whole 30.   Laurie, Higs, you and me. camp-fire-smiley.gif?1292867563 We are the remnant of the olde el groupin. 

I lurve your links in your siggie.  They're so sweet.  Your Swiss Whole 30.yodel-smiley.gif?1292867705 There's a few of us who took our shoes and hat off howdy-smiley.gif?1292867621  and decided to stick around for awhile.  I won't shout you down while from the Alps while you're telling it to us good.   You and Laurie are grieving and recovering from one the hardest things we'll ever go through.  Family isn't always blood or a group who shares common ancestry.   Family is the people in your life who want you in theirs. 

We share our primitive and private experiences.  They are the distinctive underlying patterns of our lives. You have the collective craftsmanship of the Old Masters and Chefs as a constant influence and I blend a variety of decorations into fresco-like pieces with a touch of whimsy.  Laurie brings her heart and kindness and makes us remember what's truly important about life.  She can touch the spirit right down to the quick.   We understand one another.

Now where else can you find that.  No one is reading this but us chickens, are they? skriet-smiley.gif?1292867673

We are handcrafted and atypical.  As it should be.  So we keep turning our UP and down cycles on their heads and it's how we deal with the UPs and downs that matters.  We're not out there robbing banks. We're managing one of the few things in life that we can...how we eat.   We've found a group we can gel with.   And they all lived happily ever after. 

If we waited for all of the lights to turn green before we left our driveway, we'd still be there.

Create your own positive food management plan after your Whole 30.  Stick with it for at least a year. Tinker with it as you tool along.   

If you are attempting to listen to too many experts and throw your plan together with advice from every Paleo site out there,  you might find yourself in constant conflict and stuck between seemingly opposites.  Choose your path and what you intuitively trust.  Don't get stuck in endless theories.

It's impossible to steer a parked car. 

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step.   cowboy1-smiley.gif?1292867576

On the first part of the journey 

I was looking at all the life 
There were plants and birds and rocks and things 
There was sand and hills and rings 
The first thing I met was a fly with a buzz 
And the sky with no clouds 
The heat was hot and the ground was dry 
But the air was full of sound 

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name 
It felt good to be out of the rain 
In the desert you can remember your name 
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain 

After two days in the desert sun  
tumble-weed-smiley.gif?1292867692
My skin began to turn red 
After three days in the desert fun 
I was looking at a river bed 
And the story it told of a river that flowed 
Made me sad to think it was dead 

You see I've been through the desert on a horse with no name 

After nine days I let the horse run free 
'Cause the desert had turned to sea 
There were plants and birds and rocks and things 
There was sand and hills and rings 
The ocean is a desert with its life underground 
And a perfect disguise above 
Under the cities lies a heart made of ground 
But the humans will give no love 

You see I've been through the desert on a horse with no name 
cowboy1-smiley.gif?1292867576

Emotions are energy.  If you shove them down with food they do not go away. 

You have to release them instead.

The Emotional Hunger Games.  

The only cure for grief is to grieve.  It is the price we pay for loving others.   

The only cure for emotional eating is to feel the pain or joy and everything inbetween.  It is not a sign of weakness to cry or grieve.   It is an emotional,  physical and spiritual necessity.  

When you feel safe and can stabilize, reconnect with others who care about you.  They can help you integrate your feelings without judgment.  Find those that you can let it all hang out with.   Never apologize for feeling tender hearted towards others.   Go ahead, let others see it.   Showing people you care is a sign of strength and compassion.

In the workplace we become so good at managing our emotions. We make sure not to wear our feelings on our sleeves.   We suck everything up with a stiff upper lip.  Never let them see you sweat and don't show any fear, ever.  

Then when you go home at the end of the day, you start shoving your emotions down with food.  You order a pizza or stop by your local joints for food to bring home.   You shovel it and cry or completely numb yourself out.  You fall asleep on the couch and wake up with a puffy face and eyes swollen shut from too much salty multi-crap.  

It becomes routine.  The months turn into years and pretty soon you're looking at serious health problems from shoving your emotions down.  You can become really good at your job.  You might even have a high degree of interpersonal intelligence with the ability to understand other people.  You know what motivates them, how they work and can cooperate with everyone.

But you still shove your emotions down with food.   All or Nothing.   All becomes all of the time and Nothing becomes the times of perfection eating = dieting.  Trying to get a handle on those emotions. If you're exactly where you were one year ago today and NOTHING has changed...it's time for a change.

A big change.   

Are you weary of the same old food issues you've always had.  The same food anxieties that have been dogging you around for years.  Are you aware of the smallness of your perspective about the future. You can't see beyond tonight's  thrill eating food bender and can't think where you'll be 10 years down the road - what that's doing to your overall health and well being.

The realization that the plot of your life doesn't make sense anymore.

The frustration of being stuck in a body that doesn't cooperate with emotional eating.

The feeling of returning home after a food finding trip for your thrill eating bender only to find that you are rapidly fading away from your awareness.  You become numb and no longer exist while you shove your emotions down with food.

And during that time you care less about things and yourself.

We have got to change that!   If you don't do it this year you will be one year older when you do.  Don't wait until diabetes or other serious health conditions are knocking on your door with the pizza guy. 

It should not take a health scare before you make positive changes but that's human nature.  Let your feelings show today.  On the first part of the journey,  I was looking at all of life.   There were plants and birds and rocks and things and the air was full of sound and music.

Who are you when no one's looking.  

It's been my experience that those who want to control others the most are secretly the most messed up people.  Run.  Run Forest Run. 

Don't drink the koolaid. Shawshank it.  Break free.  Take full responsibility for yourself and don't follow others off the cliff.  Learn to trust your own feelings and intuition.   Let your trust in yourself be your guide.   With each passing day, you'll get stronger.   

Food won't speak to you in the same old ways.   Out of the abundance of your heart it won't be the food doing the speaking.  You're going to find yourself,  I promise.  

Be prepared for the changes.  Others might've been used to the mouse and don't know what to do with the Tiger that's roaring.   It's alright.  It will all balance out and you'll find your point of center.

Point of center.   Your gut.   Heal your point of center and everything will start to fall into place. Physically and emotionally.

Archived