MeadowLily

The dirt on clean eating.  

Black and White Thinking

All or Nothing

Clean or Dirty

Feasting or Fasting

Naughty or Nice

Good girl or bad girl

Clean eating = dieting.  There are times when it wouldn't hurt if you ate some dirt, pinecones, lawn clippings or old tennis shoes.  When you tell yourself you're going to be a clean eater does everything get better or do you feel the pressure of dieting creeping back into your head.

I do.  

Everyone knows that multi-crap is full of estrogenic toxins, preservatives and artificial ingredients. Sugar Sugar and Upside Sugars...artificial sweetners.

But eating clean meals can become linear eating of 10 foods or less.  Pretty soon clean eating becomes an absolute pathway to food obsessions, over-restricting and it's not mentally healthy. Words matter and how we quantify foods and look at food with human characteristics. 

I can't come to your party potluck or buffet because it's so dirty.  Nobody puts baby in a corner. Don't put yourself there with orange construction cones all around your life...roped off because everything is so dirty. 

What would the Greek or French do?  If they're not going on about it,  I'm not doing it either.   I don't want an abby normal relationship with food.   I want what they have.   A love of family and food.  They know how to tie the sack off before it's busting at the seams.  They've known it forever.  The Appian Way, I've been there.  An ancient way without weigh and whey.   Go back to your roots. 

peace-quiet-and-the-oldest-road-outta-ro

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whole 30 is not a diet.   Whole 30 is not a diet.  Whole 30 is not a diet.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

All-work.jpg

The Whole 30 is not a diet and for those who want to make it another diet, it's time to get off of that merry-go-round.  Forever.

There's no such thing as the Whole 30 Forever.  That would be trying to live a life of perfection and it doesn't exist.  Eating one non-compliant item during the course of Whole 30 Forever and it's over. A Whole 30 consists of compliant foods/rules and the recommendations.

You cannot ease into a Whole 30 by eating dairy and pasta, pizza and bread. You have to call that your own program. 

All = Eating.  All.  The.  Things.   Thrill eating or binge eating.

Nothing = Dieting.   Over-restriction,  fasting or linear eating a handful of foods day in and day out.

Food Reset = Reasonable restriction of gut disruptors and highly refined to be craved foods for 30 days.

Reintroduction = Testing foods and the waters to find your mellow marshers/food allergies and sensitivities. 

If you continue to diet and think of the Whole 30 as a diet, when you fall back into bowls of pasta, pizza, bread bread, sugar sugars and upside down sugars....you will get what you've always gotten with a dieting mentality.   All or Nothing.   Feasting or Fasting.   Dieting or Thrill Eating.  

Groundhog Day.   Secretly telling yourself that you're doing a Whole 30 but really using it for a diet and then returning to the scene of the usual suspects that brought you here in the first place.  Time to get off that merry-go-round.  For real.

I don't use the word diet to describe my plan.  I don't want another diet in my forever life. 

I can call it Diet Free Forever because I can't stomach the thought of another dieting book in my house.

I'm not going out like that. 

It's taken longer than 30 days to get rid of that mentality.   The Dieting Apocalypse.  Filled with the chewing locusts, the gnawing locusts, the biting locusts...the sound of the Four Horsemen coming up behind you.   Dieting and Pestilence and Conquest of the perfect weight.

locusts-swarm-615.jpg

If I put my ear to the ground, I can hear the beating of the Dieting horses hooves.  It brings thoughts of dread.   Running on on the Dreadmill.   Counting crows and calories.   Thunder.  Lightning.

There is a way without weigh and whey.  No more dreadful smoothies filled with whey and mystery ingredients.  I broke out my Dieting cell.  I am Shawshanking it on the beach.   

All or Nothing.   That didn't exist for me until I started dieting with the chewing and biting locusts.

When you have 30 compliant days in the bag,  create a positive food management plan you can live with.  Forever.

I wish I was sitting in a beautiful sidewalk cafe in Greece, Italy or France.  They have everything I need.

You don't see people secretly eating there or shoving fast-food into their mouthes as they leave a drive-thru.  There's no large box stores with huge parking lots and room to hide with dozens of donuts.

Even if someone is eating alone, they're seldom alone in the cafes or town and city squares. Families do sit down together and enjoy the company.  Few eat alone.  They share food with one another. No hoarding food and eating it by yourself in a closet or standing behind the shower curtain.

Open air,  warm sunlight and exposure to all of the elements.  We can use our imagination and go anywhere at any time.  It really does help to use everything when your back is against the wall with life's stress or pressures.   I especially like the Whole 30 blog and additional tips.  

Telling yourself that you are an exerciser rather than you have to go the gym.  I am an exerciser vs.  I have to do this or that and run on the dreadmill.   Simply because it works.  Reframing those old things you used to say to yourself can make all of the difference in the world.

Use your imagination.  Some days you may have to throw everything up against the wall and use everything you have while you're tooling along.  I'm going down to that cafe in Greece. Maybe Hutlifr, Laurie or jmcbn will show up.  We're going to laugh and have a great time.   A respite,  even for a little while.  Some open air breathing space.

Little%20Venice_Mykonos%20Greece_Yoga%20

Meadow - I'll meet you at the café today. Hope Hutlifr and jmcbn will join us. Looking forward to spending time with Whole 30 buddies. Hutlifr and I could probably both benefit from the connections and the breathing space.

Meadow - I'll meet you at the café today. Hope Hutlifr and jmcbn will join us. Looking forward to spending time with Whole 30 buddies. Hutlifr and I could probably both benefit from the connections and the breathing space.

I'll be looking for you.  There's a table for four.   Since jmcbn lived in Greece for awhile, she knows all of the off-the-beaten path places to go.

edward-scissorhands.jpg

I think she said there was a spa that the locals go to.

edward-scissorhands-edward-scissorhands-

Reasonable.

edward-scissorhands-hair.gif

We're headed there after Lunch. 

gif4.gif

New food labeling.  Choices and Consequences.

http://www.today.com/health/new-food-labels-show-how-much-you-need-exercise-burn-t84871

A calorie is not a calorie.  We all know that.  The new labeling will you tell how much exercise is required to burn off soda pop, pizza, pasta and so on.  

For those with food and exercise disorders,  could be counterproductive.  Some will develop more food fears.  It will be a deterrent and others will go out and exercise for 2 hours to burn off the pizza.

Choices and consequences.  Choosing to think of more disincentives for eating the food that is highly engineered to be craved.  A heavy life sentence is a deterrent for crime.  

Returning to the scene of the crime.  The center aisles of the grocery store heavily loaded with all of the usual suspects.  The engineered food that drove the get-away car.  

More labels that discourage, damper, curb and restrain you from eating the intended foods that are there to put a hook in your jaw.  If the sells go down because you're scared,  jumping back from those center aisles....it might send you to the perimters of the grocery store where you'll find the Whole foods.

With all of the labeling and dieting....has it changed anything.  What if commerce of said engineered to be craved foods goes down and multi-crap hits the fan. 

sample3.png

jmcbn,  this is a flag for your attention and opinion, please.  

I would like to know how you arrived at a normal relationship with food.  Were you born this way.  It is a gift.   You can take a few bites of this or that and lay it down.  You don't have the core struggles with binge or thrill eating.  

It's taken longer than 30 days for me to arrive this far.  It did not happen overnight because of my abby normal relationship with food.   

I think those that are normal can walk out that door after 30 days and not come back.  I've seen a few. They're advanced.  They don't stand at the door,  take a few steps and then run back.  They kept on moving down the highway.  I think they were born that way and they did not mess themselves up with dieting.  

They're not going to start dieting either.  No way.   I'm so happy for these people.  They seem to have the world by a string when it comes to food. 

I still have to make conscious choices meal by meal and day by day and year by year.  I cannot operate on auto-pilot and it does not come automatic for me.   I have to think and choose to set my will.  The consequences of multi-crap will get me nowhere good.  Nothing has changed there.   I can have random foods here and there.  I can but I always to have to think it through.  

Reliable-Autopilot-PILOTNEWS0116.jpg?ito

So,  what are the inside secrets.  If you have some, I really want to know.   I'm not where I used to be and perfection eating/behavior is not in my wheelhouse.   I am not all or nothing. That's what I used to be and it never ever worked...ALL became most of the time and Nothing became the way I felt.  Invisible like a piece of belly fuzz.  

I'm still here because visiting with my inner circle about these things wears them out. They're over it or were never there in the first place because frankly,  my folks and husband don't have these struggles.  Maw and Paw have weight stability.   All three of them have never dieted.

I don't know where in the world I came from or how I ended up here on the Whole 30.  No one told about it.  I found it on my own like everything I've ever had to do.  It don't come easy.  Nope.   I want a redonkulously normal relationship with food.  

So if you could help me out,  I shore would appreciate your thoughts and secrets.  I think you have to be a Whole 30 comrade-in-arms to understand. 

Archived