The Columbus Crew

dcducks1

Hi All!

I am officially signing off.  I love seeing that this thread is continuing- you all are a basketful of gems. 

I did gain weight on the Whole 30.  I am considering doing it again in January without nuts altogether.  I'm also still sick.  Not being able to exercise for the last week of my W30 didn't help.  Also hoping that by January my thyroid numbers will be higher and my thyroid antibody numbers will be lower. 

I got quite discouraged this last week with gaining weight despite all the effort of the last month.   My clothes are tight and I'm 20 lbs more than I was 2 years ago.  4 lbs more than when I began W30.  Now I've decided to be happy with my body; accept it for where it's at, and know that I'm in it for the long haul.  Wear the few clothes I can that are looser and continue to make good food choices.  I'm staying gluten and grain free and have only added in a little dairy here and there. 

I've learned a lot from you all and hope to "see" some of you in January!

Warmly, Cari "Pickle"

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All!

I am officially signing off.  I love seeing that this thread is continuing- you all are a basketful of gems. 

I did gain weight on the Whole 30.  I am considering doing it again in January without nuts altogether.  I'm also still sick.  Not being able to exercise for the last week of my W30 didn't help.  Also hoping that by January my thyroid numbers will be higher and my thyroid antibody numbers will be lower. 

I got quite discouraged this last week with gaining weight despite all the effort of the last month.   My clothes are tight and I'm 20 lbs more than I was 2 years ago.  4 lbs more than when I began W30.  Now I've decided to be happy with my body; accept it for where it's at, and know that I'm in it for the long haul.  Wear the few clothes I can that are looser and continue to make good food choices.  I'm staying gluten and grain free and have only added in a little dairy here and there. 

I've learned a lot from you all and hope to "see" some of you in January!

Warmly, Cari "Pickle"

Sorry to hear you are still ill. I hope you are drinking bone broth--chicken is good, beef is good and oxtail is great, IMO.

Also sorry to hear of you disappointing results but applaud your decisions to stay grain and gluten free. I have been doing the AI protocol and after a week I woke up this morning, really awake and ready to face the world. I am sure the two W30s back to back helped but there were items I was eating that must have been a problem. When you are ready perhaps that would be an option for you.

Take care of yourself. Will be thinking of you and sending healing angels. 

misslindy, how do you prepare your salmon? I've tried it at home a couple of times, and haven't liked it much. And the only times I've had it in restaurants, it's been covered in a sugar-laden glaze. Would love to eat more of it if I could only figure out what to do with it!!! SO proud of you on your progress!

I just put it in a pan and fry it. Only need a wee bit of oil because it comes out in the fish. Just put it in, sometimes I put a lid over it and let it steam, flip it over and wait then eat it. You could also grill it under the broiler in the oven, or on the barbeque or wrap it in tin foil with lemon and spices, I always tend to go for the easy fast option so stick it in a pan and wait until it's cooked. Yesterday did a large piece and kept half for lunch. Scrummie!

I've never cared for salmon.  I'm the only one in the family who doesn't like, lol.  I have enjoyed eating it one time, but unfortunately, my sister-in-law could not remember exactly how she treated it before they put it on the grill.  There was a marinade and some sort of yellow sauce on top.  Now, grilled catfish on the other hand... I LOVE grilled catfish. 

Today was a relaxing day for me, already prepped up for next week so just a few errands and finished up the day with Tomato-Basil Shrimp.  Tasty. 

For those of us hanging out here still, apart from MissLindy on her AI, where is everybody at in their W30 schedule?

Pickles! Sorry to see you leave! Stick with it! It gets better really!!

Meadow - was that Thoroughgood song "you talk too much" for me? :P My posts can be long! Working on walking the walk more, talking less. :) :)

Merge I had my first Hachiya persimmon yesterday - OMG it was like pudding and sooo good. Ate the whole thing. 

Cynthia, Nancy and Misslindy, have you tried baking salmon with bacon and apples? Bacon is so good with fresh wild salmon. I don't eat farm raised as it tastes muddy. Often times I cook the bacon a little first, then wrap around salmon. 

Bought a whole chicken yesterday - going to roast then make chicken soup. Also bought ground buffalo to make burgers and have with my veggies.

Today:
m1 two fried eggs, spinach, a few bacon ends and pieces
m2 sauteed veggies (beets, cabbage, spinach) with a few mac nuts and almonds
m3 chicken soup with spinach, a persimmons

Think I'm getting some sort of reaction to being about half way there. My eyes have been a little tired and red. Otherwise, feel ok!

Archived