Roasted beets

frogtox

I roasted a bunch of beets last weekend... too many, I forget I don't like them *that* much. I want to eat them tonight with some chicken breast. Tonight is pizza night for the family, and I really want these beets to be worth missing out. :) 

What's your favorite way to dress them up?

If you can get your hands on some white balsamic vinegar, whisk it with freshly squeezed juice from an orange or tangerine (you can add olive oil too, if you want, but I think the flavor interferes, and the white balsamic has a nice consistency anyway) and drizzle that over top.  A few walnuts for crunch and fat are a great addition.

Now I want beets...

If you can get your hands on some white balsamic vinegar, whisk it with freshly squeezed juice from an orange or tangerine (you can add olive oil too, if you want, but I think the flavor interferes, and the white balsamic has a nice consistency anyway) and drizzle that over top.  A few walnuts for crunch and fat are a great addition.

Now I want beets...

Me too!

• Administrators

I'm with you on not loving beets....but thinking I do until I make them and then, meh.

If you can't eat them all, chop them up and freeze them as MTNan says and then throw them in things like soup or stew near the end of the cooking time.  Or if they are larger roasted pieces you could grate them and throw them on a salad or in an omelette.  

Sorry, I can't think of a way that would make them SO good that your pizza eating compatriots would be jealous of them.  :(

I'm with you on not loving beets....but thinking I do until I make them and then, meh.

If you can't eat them all, chop them up and freeze them as MTNan says and then throw them in things like soup or stew near the end of the cooking time.  Or if they are larger roasted pieces you could grate them and throw them on a salad or in an omelette.  

Sorry, I can't think of a way that would make them SO good that your pizza eating compatriots would be jealous of them.   :(

I'm laughing, because I remember sort of liking them til I eat one.

Love the idea of freezing them! Thanks!

Archived