International Group?

Tasha

Hi-- I've noticed lots of posts regarding sourcing in areas outside the US and wondered if it might be helpful to have a category for international users? Having individual countries would be too comprehensive and difficult to manage, but an International section might be helpful just for us Non-Americans to ask questions about local brands/stores/restaurants etc. Within the category people could tag their country with the post such as " has anyone found Coconut Aminos in Canada?" etc. It might also help keep other categories "clean" by keeping questions of this nature to this section. Just an idea :)

At £9 not including delivery, coconut aminos are just not a part of my diet. :( Ditto beef jerky, natural calm, red boat sauce, sunbutter, spaghetti squash etc etc.

However, I support the intro of an international forum. We can share the perks of being non-American too - for one thing, we know the difference between a yam and a sweet potato! ;P

Ellie, I ordered Aminos from iherb using a referral code(like in my sig) and it was 7usd after discount incl shipping to Ireland. They are out of stock at mo but FYI :)

I was listening to everyday paleo podcast ep 28 today and a uk woman wrote in to ask the 3 people in Cisco for advice on living paleo in the uk, which struck me as odd :-/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love to see this feature. I've sourced (or tried to) lots of ingredients here in Switzerland (and some in Germany, too) and would be happy to answer questions about where to get stuff here. Coconut aminos are a no-go and we can't even import them from the UK :( I've been able to find pretty much every other ingredient I've needed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I love that there is an international group :) I'm from the Northwest Territories, canada. We barely have grocery stores, let alone fancy organic shops up here. I'm only on day 3, but good fresh meat and produce is touch and go up here - no grass fed meats most of the time. Anyone else substitute 'game ' meats into their diet? Elk, bison, duck, deer, etc?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Anyone else substitute 'game ' meats into their diet? Elk, bison, duck, deer, etc?

I WISH that was an option for us here on the Lower Mainland.  I'd even be happy if I could just get the bones from game in order to make bone broth.  If you can get game, eat up!  

Archived