Junebugs 2016 - Pressing On!!

Anyone else go a little crazy on the 4th?

Good Morning All, 

Yeah I went a little crazy on the 4th but I know it could've been worse. I had compliant hamburger, no bun with a handful of potato chips and dip (tomato guacamole) and my homemade pineapple slaw. My daughter made a "Flag" cake and I had a small piece. The cake was a mix, but the whipped cream was homemade and the cake was topped with berries. 

Later I had the most delicious pulled pork and picked at some ribs. They were both dry rubbed and smoked but I cannot be sure what exactly was in the rub. 

I decided to have a 1/2 glass of wine and I picked on watermelon. 

I ended the night with a smore the kids were making in the firepit. 

Had no issues thru the night. Woke up this morning and feel fine. Not sure if this is good or bad LOL, but I do know that I want to go back to template for a few days just to make sure there is no fall out and the sugar dragon returns to its cave. 

Happy Tuesday to All!!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just listened.. goodness he was a BA..  https://youtu.be/Kl4vmY7Gb_w    I'm scared of you....  but if his neck didn't break why did they still burry him? 

Aww, don't be scared of me! :D Like I said, it now serves as a gentle reminder for other things.

I think the suggestion is that when his neck refused to crack, the executioner was in awe and refused to take any further action, so the sheriff got rid of the executioner and shot Stag himself. I could be wrong here, and there are soooo many different versions of the story, so who knows.

TJCarlson, that is wonderful about your cholesterol and triglycerides! And your HDL going down is a licence to eat lots more guacamole, right? I am eager for my cholesterol bw next month, which is incentive to stay on plan.

SherriC - that is *exactly* the way I am interpreting that!

Other than alcohol I was totally on-plan this weekend, which makes me feel good. Also, discovered a new "cocktail" - whirl some canned pineapple (in juice) with some ice in a blender, then add 1/2 and 1/2 with coconut flavored La Croix. Add in a little rum, and you have yourself a W30 compliant-ish pina colada! :)

Heading out on vacation tomorrow, so probably won't be checking in much the next 2 weeks. But looking forward catching up with all of you!

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums here, but did my first Whole30 6/1-30.  I reintroduced corn tortillas on 7/1, and didn't notice any problems.  Unfortunately, I reintroduced alcohol (SUGAR!) on 7/2 when I went to dinner with my hubby.  Oh, and there was butter on my veggies - so much that I couldn't even finish them.  There was more sugar on 7/4 as we had sangria and bbq sauce.  I had a slight case of the sleepies this afternoon that I haven't had for weeks and know sugar is responsible.  I am back on the wagon for the next few days.

I went off gluten about 4 years ago, after years of stomach pain and other symptoms.  I don't have celiac, but am definitely intolerant.  About 2 years ago I realized I have a problem with dairy, though goat milk/cheese is OK.  I started having more problems with bloating a few months back and suspected it was either from corn or rice, and that's how I ended up doing the Whole30.  Corn didn't seem to upset my stomach, so I'll probably give rice a try next.  I don't plan on eating either of them the way I used to, though we all know how plans can devolve over time...

As for my success at the end of the Whole30, I stopped having sinus problems and daily headaches, lost 8 lbs. and can now squeeze into a smaller pant size, and have discovered that I really can enjoy my morning egg on top of a bowl of sauteed veggies!

Sounds like lots of mixed results on reintroductions, sorry for those who are uncomfortable!

I reintroduced cultured dairy yesterday. What I failed to take into account is the lack of sleep caused by fireworks. I'm super tired today but not sure if it is the dairy or the poor sleeping. Otherwise, I feel well.

I'm doing good so far! I reintroduced dairy yesterday- had some cheese on my salad and burger! So far I feel fine, we'll see how the next few days go. I like eating template in between, it helps me stay on track. I really don't want to go back to my old eating habits, that's why I'm still not eating added sugar. I was tempted with the cookies the last few days, but I stayed strong. Gotta keep my sugar dragon starved!

I am totally with you on this, Earoti!  I feel so much better staying on the template! I thought it would be hard to introduce a food, then go back on template, but it is so easy!  Can anyone else believe how easy this is??

Tonight I had some cheese for the first time and a bit of cream (in a gravy).  I guess I'll know tomorrow if dairy effects me.  

Is anyone going to eat regular butter? 

I think I am definitely gonna go back to butter but not for a while.  I might like to melt it on some cooked broccoli or spinach sometime. Or in a baked yam.  but for the most part, I'll be cooking with oils and bacon fat.  

Good Morning All!  It's great to see some new folks here.

Except for the rice and soy I have stayed template.  Next week I am on vacation from work.  I am not going away and I plan on introducing either gluten or dairy at that time in a small amount.  I don't want to rock the boat too much and be miserable at work so probably Friday or Saturday I will have something off plan.  We have a sporting event on Saturday to attend and Friday night (when vacation starts) we have a comedy night.  I will see how it goes!

My husband and I finished our first Whole30 on June 30.  Really have enjoyed it a lot.  We've never felt better.  Husband lost 10 pounds (wants to lose 10 more ultimately) and I lost 5 (I'm at my goal weight now).  We are slowly reintroducing.  So far, just wine, and a little xylitol and nutpods creamer in our morning coffee.  Last night we each had a tiny piece of 80% dark chocolate and it was SO good, and amazingly sweet.  No adverse reactions to anything so far.  We aren't in a big hurry to reintroduce foods into our diets, but will probably try non-gluten grains on Friday night (corn tortilla chips and/or corn tortillas at a mexican restaurant probably).  

Hi everyone. Reintro is proving to be rough for me -- this is like a science project and I need to work at it. Woke up this morning and felt (and looked) like I've been punched in the face. Puffy eyes, head feels like a balloon, tired, rash on cheeks, little blisters all over my chin -- not really pimples but still awful. Could be caused by a myriad of things and Im grumpy that I didnt do a better job with sticking with one group at a time. Nevertheless, the Whole30 training wheels are back on and I'm hoping to feel better quick. Because this is no fun!!!

On another note, I'm wearing new polka dot shoes today -- so at least my shoes are cute!

Have a good day everyone....

Kelli

Yeouch! Just had lunch with a visiting relative. "Reintroduced" what I imagine is some kind of wheat-based breading on chicken wings. And shared chocolate cake with scoop of vanilla ice cream for desert. So - it's gluten and dairy day! Have another out-of-state visitor this evening and will be grabbing a meal out. Will try to be reasonable, but it's a challenge. Will need to reset after today!

Yeouch! Just had lunch with a visiting relative. "Reintroduced" what I imagine is some kind of wheat-based breading on chicken wings. And shared chocolate cake with scoop of vanilla ice cream for desert. So - it's gluten and dairy day! Have another out-of-state visitor this evening and will be grabbing a meal out. Will try to be reasonable, but it's a challenge. Will need to reset after today!

did it hurt already?    

I had dairy today.  Duncan Donut coffee and ya, wheat and dairy    lets see how she likes it..   

I just think I can't eat gluten every day..   maybe I can but then if I eat it and i'm really intolerant of it, i'm causing irritation again in my stomach right? 

So it appears that my tiredness yesterday was from the poor sleep.  I feel fine today.  I hope occasional cultured dairy will be a go for me.  

Tytbody, stomach (or bowel) irritation is the most common issue from gluten, I think, but it causes me join pain. I'm not sure I'll reintro it at all since I know it is a problem for me.  

what I don't like about the reintroduction instructions it's like an overdose  of what ever you are reintroducing. .I mean who wants to have pasta, beans and bread in the same day?   how can you separate which one is the culprit? 

A lot of foods do come together like Chinese food..  soy soy soy.. oh boy...  

I couldnt agree more, tytbody!  I dont think I could reintroduce like that either.  it feels kinda scary!  

i had some sugar today..coated on pecans that a coworker made.  not real sweet, but very tasty.  I ate a bit too many I think.  but I do not feel bad at all...yet.  

we'll see what tomorrow brings.  

Just got home and daughter and grandson bought some frosting covered brownies and they are sitting on the counter calling my name.  I have not craved anything like that for weeks!   Brownies were my number one favorite chocolate treat.  I can do this, right?  LOL!  

It has been sooooooooo nice not to have those hard, intense sugar cravings.  any cravings for sweets I've been able to satisfy with a few dates or figs.  I do not need those brownies to put me into sugar oblivion!  

Hi everyone. Reintro is proving to be rough for me -- this is like a science project and I need to work at it. Woke up this morning and felt (and looked) like I've been punched in the face. Puffy eyes, head feels like a balloon, tired, rash on cheeks, little blisters all over my chin -- not really pimples but still awful. Could be caused by a myriad of things and Im grumpy that I didnt do a better job with sticking with one group at a time. Nevertheless, the Whole30 training wheels are back on and I'm hoping to feel better quick. Because this is no fun!!!

On another note, I'm wearing new polka dot shoes today -- so at least my shoes are cute!

Have a good day everyone....

Kelli

I am so sorry to hear that, Kelli!  I can remember waking up feeling the same way in pre-whole30 days and I just being filled with such awful guilt and shame because I had eaten forbidden foods.  At least you know you are reintroducing and, just like you said, taking part in a science project!  That's a perfect analogy!  Here's to hoping you feel better tomorrow!

Thanks Katrine. Brownies are evil, congrats on staying away. It is empowering, right??

Well. I suspect I have shingles..anyone have this before? Trying to get into see my dermatologist today. Lots of pain, headache, rash is now in scalp and over eye. Good grief.

Thanks Katrine. Brownies are evil, congrats on staying away. It is empowering, right??

Well. I suspect I have shingles..anyone have this before? Trying to get into see my dermatologist today. Lots of pain, headache, rash is now in scalp and over eye. Good grief.

My sister had shingles last year. Very painful... I'm so sorry you're going through that! Make sure you get checked out soon, as shingles near the eye/face can (potentially) cause permanent damage/paralysis if untreated. They have antiviral medications that can help! Good luck to you.

Nice to see so much activity on this thread! I keep up on everyone's sharing, but don't have much time to post myself.

Sounds like we're all learning a lot as we attempt reintroductions (or have unplanned "oops" experiences). I always like to return to template if I have gone too far off track and am feeling confused. So far I've reintroduced dairy, non-gluten grains, and gluten, with generally the same results I had after my first Whole30 last June. I don't have awful reactions, just mild to moderate ones (minor headaches, gut "gurgles", feeling tired)... but I take these as a strong sign that my body doesn't like/want/need that food, and I either steer clear of it, or only eat it occasionally when it REALLY feels "worth it". I also like the one-bite rule, I see some of you are using that with good results.  : )

Keep up the strong work everyone, GOOD LUCK MOVING FORWARD!

what I don't like about the reintroduction instructions it's like an overdose  of what ever you are reintroducing. .I mean who wants to have pasta, beans and bread in the same day?   how can you separate which one is the culprit? 

A lot of foods do come together like Chinese food..  soy soy soy.. oh boy...  

Actually, you would want to separate beans (LEGUMES) from bread/pasta (GLUTEN) during reintroductions... at least, that's the general protocol.

If your system is sensitive, you can just have one serving of a particular food and then go back to template eating for 2-3 days... if no reactions, try it again with 2 servings in a day... wait again... then bump up to 3, etc. I realize that this makes reintroductions take a LOT LONGER, but it's totally worth it if you're trying to fine-tune. I spent all of last July and August doing pretty slow introductions and I learned a lot!

Good luck to you.  : )

Hi everyone 

Hope you are all enjoying the beautiful heat, but I know some are like sizzling bacon about now..   Drink up

I am sitting here with a can of walnut meats. not bad but I find they are too salty.. I just need to unsalted.   even for $2 I won't throw them away though.. lol.  

moving with grace and not feeling like much  in terms of eating..  

bought more spring mix and carrot strips and cherries to make a salad. Hope to make the vinaigrette dressing today. Haven't made the yet..   

I also  bought the pecans to go on the salad..    

this is on my mind each day.. 

I like to read how you all pass on your cravings..   I guess I passed on the Jaxx today. I looked and said, what for..  so, I hope that thought doesn't occur again.  . 

also, standing in line in Walmart with all the candy to your left, is just horrible..  I just need to get past the part that tells me they are good..     No, I didn't get the almond joy or the Hershey's' almond.. I was salivating as I stood there though wishing the person ahead of me would hurry up.. 

I guess it's good to type these things out to see that , I'm trying. some are wins some are oh no...... 

Not sure on the rice.   verdict is still out on that.. 

I know I am not a coffee drinker.  I did buy the Ice coffee from DD..   forget it. I won't touch it ever again..   I don't know if it was the coffee or the cream but i'm done with that part of DD. 

Actually, you would want to separate beans (LEGUMES) from bread/pasta (GLUTEN) during reintroductions... at least, that's the general protocol.

If your system is sensitive, you can just have one serving of a particular food and then go back to template eating for 2-3 days... if no reactions, try it again with 2 servings in a day... wait again... then bump up to 3, etc. I realize that this makes reintroductions take a LOT LONGER, but it's totally worth it if you're trying to fine-tune. I spent all of last July and August doing pretty slow introductions and I learned a lot!

Good luck to you.  : )

thanks Vozelle..    

I need to pay more attention..  I don't know if I'll get the beans in. I won't miss them.  

I don't really think I miss pasta,  

Template eating, is still a bit of a challenge because, I really don't eat the whole plate of food. 

are you of that age that gets them?  

and yes, I have had them last year an still have the pictures to prove. it. I say get to the doctor quick to have it evaluated so you can get treated sooner then having them burst all over the place.  

It does not play nice either. I got a rash I forget on my left side, did not progress to my head but stayed on my shoulder..  I wore lot of spaghetti straps that summer.   

Doctor looked at me and in one look said i had it. sure enough.. He was great doc for doing that..  

Nice to see so much activity on this thread! I keep up on everyone's sharing, but don't have much time to post myself.

Sounds like we're all learning a lot as we attempt reintroductions (or have unplanned "oops" experiences). I always like to return to template if I have gone too far off track and am feeling confused. So far I've reintroduced dairy, non-gluten grains, and gluten, with generally the same results I had after my first Whole30 last June. I don't have awful reactions, just mild to moderate ones (minor headaches, gut "gurgles", feeling tired)... but I take these as a strong sign that my body doesn't like/want/need that food, and I either steer clear of it, or only eat it occasionally when it REALLY feels "worth it". I also like the one-bite rule, I see some of you are using that with good results.  : )

Keep up the strong work everyone, GOOD LUCK MOVING FORWARD!

I was doing so well with reintroduction, but I think I'm having PMS right now.  I had a large cookie and rice, two things I didn't even want to eat yet.  It's so upsetting, but I plan to just reset tomorrow, like you said.  It's nice to see that even a veteran has oops days.  Thanks for being real.

are you of that age that gets them?  

and yes, I have had them last year an still have the pictures to prove. it. I say get to the doctor quick to have it evaluated so you can get treated sooner then having them burst all over the place.  

It does not play nice either. I got a rash I forget on my left side, did not progress to my head but stayed on my shoulder..  I wore lot of spaghetti straps that summer.   

Doctor looked at me and in one look said i had it. sure enough.. He was great doc for doing that..  

Im almost 46...so younger than normal to get them from what I've read.  I go to a real doctor in an hour to confirm my diagnosis by Dr. Google.  I made the mistake of looking at pictures of people with the blisters on the face and wished I hadn't.  Awful stuff...I will wear a bag over my head if need be. :(

Archived