September 18 start date

Tj V

Happy day 9, all!

@Tj V @Lauraloveskale awesome job remaining focused!  Win for you both!

@Amb_Bomer welcome!  Glad to have you here!  This has been a very supportive group. It's helped me tremendously.  

@Mike5858 sounds like you are having some energy gains!  Fantastic!  I've not begun exercising yet.  Hopefully soon. Yesterday I was so tired I couldn't see straight.  Here's to day day with a little more energy.   

On a great note, I have Lupus and have been experiencing flare-ups the last couple of years.  Subsequently, I've had joint pain and limited range of motion, particularly in my knees, which has been debilitating, to say the least.  I can report that as of yesterday, all joint pain is gone and I can bend my knees easily!  What a relief!  This will help in the fitness department.  My husband, kiddos and myself have been sticking to plan with a hiccup, or two in the snacking dept (compliant ingredient-wise but not awesome choices) on terra and plantain chips.  At any rate, we've kept this to a minimum, so hoping it hasn't hurt the mental/emotional part of this process.

On a frustrating note, my daughter hates everything I cook... sigh.  Any advice on meals for picky palates?

Have a wonderful day today, all... whatever day you are on!:D

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Lauraloveskale said:

Big wins today! 

Ate conpliantly and really enjoyed my food and although i will say after work I felt thirsty I still worked out and had so much more energy than Saturday running. I actually ran almost 3.5 miles and felt faster and my left knee didn't hurt at all, not even up hill. One thing I have also noticed so far if we are being real... I have had No has at all. I used to be quite gassy before whole 30. 

Good luck tomorrow everyone and tonight! Hot tea and going to bed definitely helps curb those late night sweet cravings 

Thanks for being real... that is definitely a benefit of this diet for me too.  So much less bloated and uncomfortable.  Interesting you're feeling better in your running, specifically your knee.  Been keeping at my work outs, even if I'm dragging.  Wait for the burst of energy to come in maybe another week or so from what I read.  

12 hours ago, Amb_Bomer said:

Hello all! I started round 2 on 9/17/17. This has been a rough one for me. First time was in May and it went well. For me round 1 was a Whole 27 by choice. But I felt so awesome that all summer I ate mostly compliant. 

The month before I started this one was not a good eating month. There are certain things I don’t compromise on...gluten and dairy. But I was eating rice and corn and drinking wine and other libations. As I mentioned, this round has been HARD!! Lots of cravings, tired beyond words and headaches more days than not. In fact today my head hurt so bad it brought me to tears! 

I’ve been eating enough and well. However I have been drinking La Croix everyday. Could that be the headache culprit? Anyway...I hope you don’t mind me tagging onto you for support to get me through the next 3 weeks. 

:)

You're round two is interesting... good for you for tackling another really so soon after your first!  I'm definitely curious about what it'll be like after the 30.  I happen to have a soda stream at home, but would be doing La Croix daily if not as well.  Best investment ever!  

11 minutes ago, dmrob2009 said:

Happy day 9, all!

@Amb_Bomer welcome!  Glad to have you here!  This has been a very supportive group. It's helped me tremendously.  

@Mike5858 sounds like you are having some energy gains!  Fantastic!  I've not begun exercising yet.  Hopefully soon. Yesterday I was so tired I couldn't see straight.  Here's to day day with a little more energy.   

On a great note, I have Lupus and have been experiencing flare-ups the last couple of years.  Subsequently, I've had joint pain and limited range of motion, particularly in my knees, which has been debilitating, to say the least.  I can report that as of yesterday, all joint pain is gone and I can bend my knees easily!  What a relief!  This will help in the fitness department.  My husband, kiddos and myself have been sticking to plan with a hiccup, or two in the snacking dept (compliant ingredient-wise but not awesome choices) on terra and plantain chips.  At any rate, we've kept this to a minimum, so hoping it hasn't hurt the mental/emotional part of this process.

On a frustrating note, my daughter hates everything I cook... sigh.  Any advice on meals for picky palates?

Awesome news about your joints!!!! So happy for you! Keep up the good work

Hey peeps....all you La Croix fans....what flavor is your fav? I bought and just now tried the Pineapple/Strawberry one and it's super weak. I can barely taste any hint of either. It tastes like better than usual sparkling water and I'm wondering if there are other flavors with a bit more flavor? Can't see myself drinking much of this one. I'm not a sparkling water lover.

1 hour ago, Tj V said:

Hey peeps....all you La Croix fans....what flavor is your fav? I bought and just now tried the Pineapple/Strawberry one and it's super weak. I can barely taste any hint of either. It tastes like better than usual sparkling water and I'm wondering if there are other flavors with a bit more flavor? Can't see myself drinking much of this one. I'm not a sparkling water lover.

Coconut, then passion fruit.  My son loves berry.  

1 hour ago, dmrob2009 said:

Happy day 9, all!

@Tj V try sour apple Perrier sparking water or la croix, cantaloupe pink grapefruit 

@dmrob2009

breakfast favorite so far, egg bake w approved sausage, bell peppers, onion, kale and spinach  

Dinner last night was delicious: 

https://www.relayfoods.com/meals/dishes/One-Pan-Salmon-Asparagus-and-Potatoes/076e0c9b-b6d7-45ab-b0b6-9de9e1566c25

and also this, don't know if she likes shrimp or mushrooms but google roasted portobello mushroom was shrimp bruschetta. Super good. The blog was picture the recipe. 

Love baked apple chips for fruit in the am : 

Adding seasonings to turkey meat or lamb meatballs, beef go a long way for me.. oregano, rosemary, etc. 

I'm trying these out this week: 

http://thegardeningcook.com/turkey-stuffed-peppers/

https://themovementmenu.com/recipes/whole30-thai-breakfast-bowl/

http://www.emilyeatsrealfood.com/whole30-approved/stir-fry-sunday/

1 hour ago, Tj V said:

@Tj V you could also try adding lemon or lime to regular water. I fill up a bunch of water bottles and add lemon to them and then put them in the fridge 

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of today so far.

The Good:  I walked a 5.5 mile trail through a city park this morning.  It was a beautiful stroll through the woods, and then the hills started, and kept coming! Really long uphill climbs walking on gravel. I made it, but it really was a challenge and I was gassed when I got back to the Jeep.

The Bad:  I was so worn out from the hike that I just couldn't make myself eat a real lunch.  I had a quarter cup of almonds and a banana.  I had to work just to eat that. At least they were compliant foods.

The Ugly:  I'm walking like a 90 year old man and my legs feel like rubber!  :lol:

It's hours later and I'm still not hungry, but I've got chicken Ka-bobs, steamed green beans, and fresh pineapple on the menu tonight, and I'm going to eat!

Hope everyone's day is going well.

Mike

@Mike5858 good job exercising. I feel ya on hard day. I am so sore from my working out yesterday that it's also made me feel very physically off this afternoon, thirsty, irritable, and staring at a vending machine. I did walk/ jog a mile at lunch time to stretch out and see if that would help. It did a little but it's been a hard day. Onto a networking happy hour now so readying myself to be strong at that. Thanks for the accountability! 

Im seeing today why so many people can't make it pst day 10 or 11... 

i may need to buy some EPIC bars to have as emergency item. Does anyone have a fav flavor or bought them somewhere not horribly expensive? 

Oh, and out of curiosity, is the timeline just not resonating at all with anyone else? I'm on Day 11 and I don't think there's been a single day where I've felt like the timeline, except maybe Day 1. In fact, I didn't have a hangover or feel angry or extra tired at all. Day 10 and 11 have been some of my easier days.

I'm just curious... I think the timeline is awesome as it really seems to resonate with a lot of people! Just wondering if I'm the only oddball. LOL, not that it really matters if what I'm feeling matches the timeline! 

25 minutes ago, kirbz said:

I was going to head to REI this evening to pick up a couple of Epic bars... I'm also curious as to whether anyone can recommend a flavor. Any favorites out there?

I tried one the other day and the texture was too off putting to me. The flavor wasn't bad. It was cherry and habanero. It wasn't super hot...just couldn't get past the texture. I expected beef jerky and it was NOT that. Good luck.

23 minutes ago, kirbz said:

Oh, and out of curiosity, is the timeline just not resonating at all with anyone else? I'm on Day 11 and I don't think there's been a single day where I've felt like the timeline, except maybe Day 1. In fact, I didn't have a hangover or feel angry or extra tired at all. Day 10 and 11 have been some of my easier days.

I'm just curious... I think the timeline is awesome as it really seems to resonate with a lot of people! Just wondering if I'm the only oddball. LOL, not that it really matters if what I'm feeling matches the timeline! 

Well, since I messed up on Day 4 I'm off, so not sure. I think I tend to have a little of all of them from time to time and usually on the same day! Ugh! I'm good though...still plugging along.

26 minutes ago, kirbz said:

Some of it hit me "on schedule", like in the calendar, but it's been hit or miss.  I did get the angry thing one day, and have been tired on and off.  Congrats on your progress!

1 hour ago, Mike5858 said:

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of today so far.

The Good:  I walked a 5.5 mile trail through a city park this morning.  It was a beautiful stroll through the woods, and then the hills started, and kept coming! Really long uphill climbs walking on gravel. I made it, but it really was a challenge and I was gassed when I got back to the Jeep.

The Bad:  I was so worn out from the hike that I just couldn't make myself eat a real lunch.  I had a quarter cup of almonds and a banana.  I had to work just to eat that. At least they were compliant foods.

The Ugly:  I'm walking like a 90 year old man and my legs feel like rubber!  :lol:

It's hours later and I'm still not hungry, but I've got chicken Ka-bobs, steamed green beans, and fresh pineapple on the menu tonight, and I'm going to eat!

Hope everyone's day is going well.

Mike

Awesome with the exercise and way to push past the lethargy!  I'm a bit pooped today, but DH, my son and I took the dogs for a walk earlier today.  Felt pretty good to get outside and get some air.  

1 hour ago, kirbz said:

I was going to head to REI this evening to pick up a couple of Epic bars... I'm also curious as to whether anyone can recommend a flavor. Any favorites out there?

The turkey sage is pretty decent.  My daughter likes the chicken sriracha.  Honestly, I agree with TjV on the texture.  Not the best.  My husband says it seems like it's all ground up and shellaced back together again.   

1 hour ago, kirbz said:

The first 2 times I did the Whole 30, I was pretty much on track with the book.  This time around, everything seems out-of-order.  LOL

Ugh, insomnia is no fun... it struck back last night hard and had to take a sleep aid last night. Natural Calm is a good product, and I've been using it, but some reason I could not stop the racing thoughts last night. But today... I think I have tasted the first drop of TIGER BLOOD. I woke and did 40 minutes of fairly intense cardio AND walked about 4 miles downtown doing errands. And I feel like I could do it all over again, but I'm really hungry and the sous vide can't go quick enough. I have a half pound of salmon in there waiting for me :) Or I should say I'm waiting on it!!

Hope all are well, for me 10 days down. Stay strong!!

I may have had just a hint of Tiger Blood today....at least I had a bit more energy. Dealing with stomach and intestine issues for the last couple days...Ugh! Guess my detox is running it's course, huh?
Have a great night everyone! Onward to Day 10!

For me this is day 10. And it has been the best day of all! The headache that incapacitated me yesterday is gone...gone...gone! I feel the most alert yet, tho still tired. But I attribute that to the crazy schedule I keep. In fact, I think Tiger Blood is starting to roar!!! :D

Archived