Does overeating = restart?

katierae84

One of the reasons I have decided to take on the Whole30 is to work to undo some of the binge eating behaviors I have developed in the past year. I am on my 7th day, but definetly ate waaaaay too much almond butter and fruit this evening. Even though these foods are "allowed" (in moderation), is the fact that I overindulged in them grounds for a restart?

i don't think you need to restart. you have plenty of time to avoid binging on those things for the remainder of your whole30. AND - give yourself some credit...you didn't binge on off-plan stuff, you've recognized that it's an issue for you right now, and it sounds like you're committed to making better choices for yourself from here on out. i call that a WIN!

Anecdotally, as an ex binge eater I find that when I'm overindulging in nut butter it means I've not eaten enough either that day, that week or that month; my body revolts with cravings and overeating...and nut butter with fruit is so easy...it's in the fridge, you don't have to cook it, it's sweet and delicious, but yes, not the best food to overdo. Every deprivation leads to an equal and opposite binge for me, so the solution is not to get rid of nut butter, the solution is to eat enough at each meal every day so you don't overeat later.

I swapped snacking on nuts and fruits for olives and carrot sticks and boiled eggs, and sometimes kale or pumpkin chips...

I really like what Flynn said!!! You probably need to eat more during your meals to starve way those " snack dragons". I used to eat three full meals plus three full " snack meals" a day..... I've been months with out a snack now and don't even think of having one.... I'm reprogrammed to think if I'm hungry long before my next meal, I didn't eat enough last meal or two and I make the adjustment next meals...

Worth a try. :)

Archived