Can I have Crio Bru?

kcavicchio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What is this?

From their website:

"Crio Brü is a brewed drink made from 100% premium cocoa beans, roasted to perfection. Named after the most prized of cacao beans, the Criollo, Crio Brü will astound your taste buds with its complex flavors and subtle aromas which come right from the cocoa bean itself! It is 100% natural and 100% pure."

• 2 years later...

To be completely honest, in my experience, it's similar to cardboard.  Theobromine is a long term low level buzz compared to caffeine.  Any tigerrific effect is placebo from reading the marketing on the label.  Theobromine is a stronger anti-nutrient than green tea and shouldn't be drunk around meal times.

To be completely honest, in my experience, it's similar to cardboard.  Theobromine is a long term low level buzz compared to caffeine.  Any tigerrific effect is placebo from reading the marketing on the label.  Theobromine is a stronger anti-nutrient than green tea and shouldn't be drunk around meal times.

Well, I guess I'm not really looking for a substitute for hot choc, coffee, OR cardboard, so I think I'll pass. Thanks!

Just weighing in with one coffee drinkers opinion. . . I thought this stuff was nasty. Tried it on its own and found it undrinkable. Then tried adding some to regular grounds to add some flavor to my coffee (which I used to drink with milk-- and I don't find coconut milk "soften" the flavor enough-- and it just added a weird "off" flavor. $16 down the drain.

I've never tried this stuff but i normally use a french press for my coffee.  When I want to change things up a little, I will add a tablespoon of the 100% cacao powder they sell at Whole Foods to give my coffee that Mocha flavor.  Works and tastes great!

Recently, i also started "bulletproofing" my coffee so I will add in a lump of of coconut oil and a lump of of ghee and mix it all in with the immersion blender.  Besides, the added flaver from the oils, blending it with the immersion blender gives it a very nice frothy top.  When it comes to food and cooking, i've always been big on contrasting textures and visuals so I enjoy thigns like froth. :P

Just weighing in with one coffee drinkers opinion. . . I thought this stuff was nasty. Tried it on its own and found it undrinkable. Then tried adding some to regular grounds to add some flavor to my coffee (which I used to drink with milk-- and I don't find coconut milk "soften" the flavor enough-- and it just added a weird "off" flavor. $16 down the drain.

In my opinion, the flavor you buy matters.

I love their Cavalla French Roast.  For me, it's like a light alternative to hot cocoa without sugar or artificial sweetener, with the bonus of antioxidants.  I make it in my french press and use 4 tbsp for 12 oz of water.

I tried their Pumpkin Spice Winter Blend and didn't like it at all. I sent it back via their 30 day money back guarantee.

Archived