Has anyone else not gotten there Whole 30 Daily 13??? I didn't receive mine today :( And I really look forward to it. I know I replied that I "did it" because I saw all of the cute meditating animals

Has anyone else not gotten there Whole 30 Daily 13??? I didn't receive mine today :( And I really look forward to it. I know I replied that I "did it" because I saw all of the cute meditating animals

Mine came late this morning as well. It actually showed up in my inbox a few minutes after the email notifying me about this post, so you probably should have it by now!

Getting so tired of eggs for breakfast!!! Especially when my teenagers get up and cook pancakes (one of my FAVORITES!!) for breakfast on the weekend. Boo! I spiced my eggs up with some organic pico de gallo this morning - gotta find some more intersting breakfast choices!

Here's to day 13!!

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting so tired of eggs for breakfast!!! Especially when my teenagers get up and cook pancakes (one of my FAVORITES!!) for breakfast on the weekend. Boo! I spiced my eggs up with some organic pico de gallo this morning - gotta find some more intersting breakfast choices!

Here's to day 13!!

Maybe you should try some sort of breakfast casserole involving sweet potato, sausage, zucchini maybe? Onion? and then if you want you can put a soft cooked egg on the top...in my opinin, there are few sauces as lovely as a warm egg yolk.

A breakfast favorite of mine is thinly sliced cabbage and onion sauteed till soft, shaved steak sauteed till just slightly pink, with a dollop of olive oil mayo stirred in, and with or without a soft cooked egg on top. So delicious...it's definitely a comfort food for me.

Good luck!

Marie

Here's to day 13!!

I didn't make enough to have leftovers for lunch last night so I ended up making one skillet Thai curry this morning before I left for work and I was REALLY tempted to just eat that for breakfast. Nothing wrong with eating dinner for breakfast. I eat breakfast for dinner all the time.

I am glad to see everybody going strong. It is my day 28!

Wednesday is my day 30 AND my daughter's 12th birthday. I think I need to celebrate both events (with a piece of cake.. a cocktail, and of course a weigh in!) Then back to Wholeness on Thursday. I am committed to finishing with this group on Feb 1.

Keep it up!

Good Luck on your Whole 30's, friends!!

Our site DOES have some SWPO--but when you are done with your Whole 30, those are great recipes to sprinkle into your repetoire from time to time. We don't eat "lara-balls" and coconut flour pancakes every day by any means!! After your Whole 30, let me suggest using these recipes as your cheats, and you will be able to stay on the wagon. Good luck with the transition, for those of you who are first timers!! And this breakfast casserole recipe is really tasty for when you are sick of eggs: http://theprimepursuit.com/2012/02/06/who-is-sick-of-eggs-for-breakfast/

best wishes,

Leigh

I went back to my blog to see why it seems like so much SWPO, and sure enough, our "Top Post" widget is chock full of our desserts and other knockoffs. :) Funny that those just happen to be the posts with the most hits...

So, I had my first craving over the weekend (on Saturday, day 11). I used some peppermint hand sanitizer and didn't crave chocolate, but toast...weird much? I washed my hands real quick with regular soap and craving gone.

I also think I finally nailed my grocery shopping this week, I guess only time will tell. :)

Good Luck on your Whole 30's, friends!!

Our site DOES have some SWPO--but when you are done with your Whole 30, those are great recipes to sprinkle into your repetoire from time to time. We don't eat "lara-balls" and coconut flour pancakes every day by any means!! After your Whole 30, let me suggest using these recipes as your cheats, and you will be able to stay on the wagon. Good luck with the transition, for those of you who are first timers!! And this breakfast casserole recipe is really tasty for when you are sick of eggs: http://theprimepursu...-for-breakfast/

best wishes,

Leigh

Good morning; and thanks for listing your site.

Your blog does have some tempting treats...but if you have read ISWF...M&D really advise against "cheats" (even post-w30.) Many of us have had serious problems with food and sugar for YEARS...so to add these types of things back into our diet; after we have worked so hard...can sometimes cause us to backslide.

For me, I have gone off-roading twice now...and had to start all over again. Now I am doing a Whole 100...to try and re-set my thinking for good. We'll see if I'll be able to try a few of those recipes in April, or May...maybe.

:)

Its my day 29... I am not sure if this is getting easier or harder. In some ways I think I could go on and on and on, but in other ways, I am looking forward to the end. I think my weigh in tomorrow will guide me. I am sure I could go another 30 days.

Beef short ribs, lots of carrots and onions and a half a can of diced tomatoes are in the slow cooker for tonight.

Over the past week I have been eating a handful of walnuts just before bed. It isn't something I needed/wanted my first 3 weeks. I feel like I could eat a whole cup of them. Nuts are addictive.

I hear you, heathera. Both Heather and I have sat over coffee many times talking about that same struggle. But between us we have (almost) 7 kids and two hungry soldiers for hubbies, and we have tried to make these confections for their sakes mostly, and we can only pass them off as "healthy-ER." :)

I read ISWF and attended their Whole9 seminar--I went to it last fall, it was fabulous. I really liked their approach about being realistic (post Whole30). They suggested that we sort of "zoom out" and look at our progress over time, and note how the good-food and good-health progression is in the overall right direction. A step off the path a day or two, here or there, is not going to undo the awesome nutrition foundation you have laid.

That was really freeing for me. I thought they were just going to open fire on us, and push the information in sort of the same way they write. Not the case, they were surprisingly relaxed in their delivery.

Anyway, I understand where you are coming from, and I wish you tons of motivation and fulfillment on this particular journey...Happy Tuesday!

Day 14 - a whole two weeks in and halfway done tomorrow! Doing well with staying compliant, but working on portions and getting better veggis involved. It makes it a little harder when we are 30 miles from the nearest groceries and then mostly Walmart. Can pick up some items but not a lot of variety in a town of about 9,000 (my town has around 325 people). We should all celebrate the half way point tomorrow - not with bad food of course!

Its my day 30! Weighed in (finally)-- I lost 11 1/2 lbs in 30 days. I can't believe it. After 25 years, I am at my college weight (and probably ore muscular).

It is going to be strange moving off the Whole30 plan. I am not really sure how I am going to eat going forward. As I have written, I am really okay continuing with the basic plan-- I am not craving ice cream or pie or bread (or beans).

I'll celebrate my daughter's birthday tonight (we are having tuna steaks for dinner (Brussels Sprouts)... and I'll finish up January. Maybe I'll even hit 150 lbs and see all my abs.

Hey Heather, I finally just saw your reply on Jan 12 to me about my joint pain. I actually started taking fish oil pills almost a year ago, and have continued since then. The joint pain really hit me in the fall of this year, and I'm not really sure why, but the fish oil pills don't seem to help, unfortunately. The whole30 seems to have helped a little, although the pain is still there. I'm only on day 15, like most everyone here, so hopefully there will be more improvement towards the end of the 30 days. Did you find the whole30 helped with your joint pain?

Hey Heather, I finally just saw your reply on Jan 12 to me about my joint pain. I actually started taking fish oil pills almost a year ago, and have continued since then. The joint pain really hit me in the fall of this year, and I'm not really sure why, but the fish oil pills don't seem to help, unfortunately. The whole30 seems to have helped a little, although the pain is still there. I'm only on day 15, like most everyone here, so hopefully there will be more improvement towards the end of the 30 days. Did you find the whole30 helped with your joint pain?

Coming late to the party but..... My knees have been very very bad for years, my Ortho says its just a mater of time until knee replacement.... Whole30 (90 in my case) has lead to a complete turn around! I wouldn't say cure, but I can do things pain free that I haven't done in a decade, I need to be and train smart and not over do ( no squats,sprints etc) but I rarely even notice my knee pain any more unless I hit the gym extra extra hard for several days and work a very long week, then I back off and I'm fine

I believe that I had chronic systemic inflammation and eating on program has turned that around!!!

Good luck....

Half way there + 1 day, Day 16!

Last night was the first time feeling strong during my trail run. I didn't feel sluggish towards the last mile. I'm feeling more energy, but getting bored of the same meals. It's time to add a new recipe in the mix. Kombucha, testing out only 1/4 at a time instead of the whole bottle so far I'm good.

Today, woke up starving! Added a new veggie, portabello mushroom in eggs (didnt like it) & a clementine to my breakfast & all of a sudden I'm tired. ?? Strange. Hope I snap out of it.

Good job everyone!

So glad to be over halfway done! I've cut way down on fruits and nuts, and It's no longer as hard to turn down non-paleo food. Yay! But I am still so very moody in the evenings, and execise still really kicks my booty. Did 30 Day Shred yesterday, and it took me almost an hour to re-coup. Really wish I could figure out how to balance my meals better to increse the stamina and minimize moodiness.

Best part for me right now is that my pants & skirts are definitely fitting looser!! YAYYY!!!

Joining in late. Better late than never I guess.

Husband and I started w30 on 1/2 as well so today is day 17. This is our second one and soooo much easier this time. The only thing I really miss is my wine with dinner on Friday nights. And creamer in my coffee. No matter what I try nothing is replacing the creamer enough to satisfy so I gave up coffee altogether.

I'm anxious to weigh in but refuse to do so until 2/1. I can't freaking wait!!!

Anyway, hello! I'm Ruthie. Thanks for letting me join you late. :)

I can't believe it's Day 17 already. Sometimes I forget that I'm even on this diet... it's starting to become second nature. My pants are definitely looser, but I've also gotta be gaining some muscle in Crossfit.

I've been kind of depressed for the last three or four days... about nothing in particular, but very down. I use to have problems with it, but haven't in a very long time. Nothing crazy going on in life, so I wonder if my brain is in mourning or sugar. :/

Hope everyone is doing well!

I've been sticking to the program, a little disappointed though. Jeans still fit the same :mellow: I have seen changes for the better in my skin, and I am sleeping better but I was hoping to lose and inch or two. Anyone else feeling this way?

How many days have you been on? If you are following the templates it's hard to overeat... Sometimes under eating, especially fat, will put you in " starvation mode" and your body will hang on to its mass for dear life. Also eat a boat load of a variety of vegetables

Do you exercise on a regular basis? If not get moving. If yes, try mixing it up a bit... Sprints,heavier weight, short intense burst workouts, just change things up.

One other thing I do if i stall out, is totally cut out fruit and nuts as they are very easy to over consume....

Day 18 today. It may be under eating. I fill up pretty quick at meals and possibly under eat the fat portion. I'll pay closer attention. Workout 3-4 days a week, variety...my own crossfit ie: squat jumps, pull ups etc, Yoga, Elliptical sprints, Spinning, so probably not the workouts. I do have trouble eating as soon as I get up & before workouts. Thanks for reminding me of these key points. I have read the book, but re-reading everything seemed daunting. I'll try to make improvements there.

Day 14 - a whole two weeks in and halfway done tomorrow! Doing well with staying compliant, but working on portions and getting better veggis involved. It makes it a little harder when we are 30 miles from the nearest groceries and then mostly Walmart. Can pick up some items but not a lot of variety in a town of about 9,000 (my town has around 325 people). We should all celebrate the half way point tomorrow - not with bad food of course!

I would think you could try ordering some things online. Also, can you guys get Moose? Some game would be a nice addition to your diet.

Try the frozen foods section of your WalMart...you're gonna have to get creative. :D

Good Luck!

Archived