10 Full days of no sugar! You don't know what a miracle that is for me! Praising God for the freedom I am feeling inside, how balanced my body feels and laying my head down at night with no guilt or regret! ~ I'm sleeping soundly, but a bit scatterbrained at work, can't really concentrate and I think I'm typing (or doing something else) correctly only to double check my results and they are wrong!

(Vitamin suggestion?)

See some food logs, I'm finally down to 3 meals a day, no crazy nut snacking in a while.

Breakfast baked cinnanmon pear and Steak with butternut squash

Lunch roasted cauliflower & brocilli with last of Steak

** workout Turbo Fire 30 + Tone 30

post snack: 15 pistacho nuts

Dinner Chicken spring mix salad (1/4 avacado, 10 green olives, tomatos, artichoke hearts, ISWF ranch dressing)

Salad at lunch does not work for me, it's not enough to get me through till 5-6pm at night...

HAPPY FRIDAY!! Make it a good one! B)

Woohoo! Day 10. I've been drinking peppermint tea at night then waking up in the middle if the night to potty :-/ but overall feeling pretty great!

Good on cutting out the nut snackings!

How's your energy getting through TF?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ran light on leftovers yesterday so I was struggling to find something. Ended up mixing a can of wild caught salmon with some OO mayo, pickles, and scallions and loaded it up onto two bowls of baby spinach.

I discovered that Lara Balls are a food with no brakes for me. Not sure what to do with the rest of the batch I have. I ate them fairly liberally when I did my first W30 last summer but I was mainly taking them hiking/running.

I have to admit that I cheated... when I stepped on the scale. Pleased with the results so I'll leave it alone until 1/31. :huh:

What are Lara Balls?

TGIF! Day 10

Struggled out of bed ( too warm & comfy ) but once I got up, burst of energy. Usually I'm tired & not in the mood, ever since I've started Whole 30 been feeling pretty awesome! I decided to stop taking my crazy GERD meds, Dexilant, on Monday (I have been taking every & any acid reflux GI meds you can think of because my symptoms are very bad) & I can't believe that I'm not dying in pain since I've been eating like this. Yes I still have slight discomfort here & there but nothing like before. I read in the forums before it gets better, first it worsens. Thinking that's true. Peppermint tea is helping greatly with digestion.

Kombucha- First time trying it, interesting taste but pretty good. No bloaty & got hit with super energy! Not sure if its Day 10 symptoms or Kombucha but I'll take it!! Thanks for the tip heathera :)

My boyfriend & I ate most of our groceries we bought over the weekend, crazy! Need to have some meals prepared before shopping day. Biggest challenge is F-Sun. Weekends. Stay focused.

Testing out a few snacks, if needed, for my trail running this weekend. Bought raisins, larabars, applesauce. Maybe I won't need it because mileage is only 6miles & 8 miles (Ultra Marathon training)

Yesterday meal #2 skipped the sweet potato because I was full, but realized I think it gives me energy & moves things along in my tummy (bm) ?

Meal#1 Leftover scramble eggs & turkey burger mix w/blueberries, Kombucha, Green Tea

Meal#2 Leftover Turkey meatloaf, cauliflower rice w/brussel sprouts, salad, sweet potato.

Meal#3 Grilled chicken breast, salad, avocado, blueberries (try to make a new dressing from Whole 30 recipes)

Rest day.

Bravo to everyone that made it to day 10!

I think my problem with shopping stems from the fiance being happy eating more compliant foods that I expected...he's eating MY food...lol!

Ha Kat, I know what you mean. I have been hoarding my food so I have enough for me but there is enough interest and thumbs up from the family that I have decided to make even bigger whole30 meals so the family can enjoy fully plus I still get enough leftovers for breakfast. I have been using my family (poor guinea pigs) to run down stocks of rice milk, packet rice, chickpeas etc and wont replace them.

I have been having some major cravings today...thought about listing them here; but don't want to trigger anyone else!

Had some coconut as a snack (typically have not been snacking; but it was either that...or cave...and I will NOT cave!)

gotta make it through 'till I get home and have some chocolate chili!

Hi everyone! I started on Jan 2 but I haven't participated in the forums yet. I figured it was time to drop in and say hi. I've done low carb in the past (south beach diet) but this is my first whole30. I'm hoping it will help with the joint pain that I've been having recently. I'm training for my first half marathon so the joint pain is causing a lot of problems. I'm also hoping to get healthier in general, improve my relationship with food, and of course lose a little weight.

My main challenge is entertaining myself all weekend long without going out to eat and drink. (I know how sad that sounds.) My birthday is tomorrow, and I'm also a huge football fan and my team is in the playoffs, so those are added challenges. Those would normally be big food/booze binge days. I think I'll be ok though. I'm a week into the whole30 and I have no intention of cheating. I decided to start on Jan 2 knowing that these challenges would come up, and I'm confident that I can do it!

Glad to see such an active forum and such an engaged, helpful group of people! Nice to "meet" you all! If anyone is interested, I started a blog about my whole30 (it's my first blog, too!): http://wholecarly.wordpress.com/

Good Morning; and so glad you have joined us! I noticed that you mentioned joint paid (which I have struggled with as well!) Do you take a fish oil supplement? I just started taking this; have seen it for years, and just thought it was bogus...but it actually works. Try it, and let me know what happens...

Also, I try to get through, and address every post; however, this forum has been way more popular than I could have imagined! I created a facebook group as well for more support (Whole 30 - Eat Real Food - we have about 30 members I believe)...feel free to post here/there/both :)

https://www.facebook...00045740080689/

Ok, thankfully last night I could not remember my password and was not able to log on. THANK GOD, because I was just ANGRY. I made my fifth recipe that I left out a step or an ingredient and I FLIPPED OUT. I am never angry but last night it all came out. I was angry I couldn't eat ___________ (any food I cannot have I was angry about). I was angry because I cannot cook and it takes me twice as long. Which means I work 9-10 hours a day, I commute 4-5 hours a day, I am cooking 2.5 hours a day and trying to sleep 8 hours a day, oh and actually spend time with family. If you do the math, I am over 24 hours. . I keep almost falling off the wagon every night and I am afraid it is just going to keep getting worse (while I continue to hope for the best).

On normal days, I am a happy, positive "life is full of rainbows" type of person. Has anyone gone through intense frusteration/anger day 5-7? If I had to pinpoint, my anger is mostly at the cooking time being so huge. And yes, I do try to cook a ton on Sunday, but due to having a family, half the food goes to waste because no one loved it and half the food is gone by Tuesday morning. Again, this past Sunday, I was so frusterated that I was in the kitchen cooking for three hours instead of outside in the sunshine. I tried to push past it and into positive but I think it all just got built up to last night.

I wish I had the money to just buy the pre-packaged food! That is what I am going to start wishing for! :) Please someone make me feel better and say they have gone through this and it passes!!!

Hugs! Hang in there...it gets better..you are just in the "Kill All The Things" phase...which will only last a day or two, if it hasn't passed already.

I'm more concerned with your stress level, and the number of ours you are cooking. Can you simplify that at all? How about cooking meals for yourself on weekends; and freezing them individually? What about making things in the slow cooker while you are at work? If you really enjoy more complex meals; then you could always make one or two a week...in big batches; and freeze the leftovers for yourself. Also, if the family eats it; then they eat it, if not, then freeze your portions in single servings; and take them for lunch. :)

I have tons of ideas for this...I work 40 hours a week, have a man, and three kids; exercise 6-8 hours a week; and am working on my own business as well...so I can relate! My house is not as neat and tidy as I would like...but I am trying to prioritize my goals.

Feel free to PM me; or join our Facebook group(Whole 30 - Eat Real Food https://www.facebook...00045740080689), where you can vent; and probably get some more great ideas on how to make things easier on you!

Good Luck! :)

Contains my TMI bathroom experience today, sorry but you've been warned. Hope this passes:(

Attempting my first time running longer than 4 miles, while on new Whole 30 eating.

Day 11: Woke up feeling great. Lots of energy. Took a spoonful of coconut butter, stomach tolerated it. It's was 38 degrees (Irvine,CA) & freeeeezing well for me it was especially loving in Orange County.

Easy slow running, after I hit mile 2 my left side was cramping up. Like gas pains or I needed to go to the bathroom (#2) Eeek! Never has happened to me before in my running career. :(

Struggled in pain for the next 4 miles. Walked more than jogging. I was HORRIBLE!! Never felt like this befor.

The stomach pain was my issue today. I had the energy but stomach pain was horrible.

Rushed home, & (TMI) had bad diahrrea, runny. So much pain!! I wanted to cry :(

Felt super dehydrated, like I needed electrolytes. Curled up on the couch in pain, freezing, like I had the stomach flu but it can't be. Drank water but still felt dehydrated.

Decided I NEED coconut water (no additives just coconut water) after a few minutes finally, felt a tad better.

Eating my eggs & chicken sausage w/blueberries slowly, feeling better than earlier.

Read through forums about bowel movement experiences, hoping this is the stage where it gets worse then better or could it be from my first time drinking Kombucha yesterday (Is this the "detox"

affect from drinking it?)

Hope today gets better. Scheduled to run 8 tomorrow but think its best to rest, until this stomach sito passes. :( Almost want to give up because of this horrible experience, but I won't.

Happy Day 11 which means we are past 1/3 of the way through (I like small victories!)

Went in to Manhattan today and was psyched by my complete disregard for any of my favorite snacking places - Empire Bakery, Schmackary's, Magnolia Bakery. Not even a twinge of wanting to go there. I actually picked up marshmallow chocolate things from Whole Foods for the hubs. Helps that I don't like marshmallows anyway :P

Was just reading Allisen's stomach issue and got really scared. While at Whole Foods I also picked up two different Kombucha teas since everyone has been raving about them. Had one at lunch and sipped on the second on the subway ride hope. I was just curious what it tasted like. Sooooo... now I've had 1 1/2 bottles in one day. Does this mean I'm going to shit myself?!

Might better cancel my plans for woodworking tomorrow?

Eck.

that web site has some delishious looking food on it! A lot of it looks like SWPO to me though (pancakes? yikes scares me!) !

uh...yeah. SWPO for sure. NOT bookmarking that site; 'cause if I had that stuff; then I would be craving cookies for sure.

My sugar dragon just pretends to sleep. :)

Contains my TMI bathroom experience today, sorry but you've been warned. Hope this passes:(

Attempting my first time running longer than 4 miles, while on new Whole 30 eating.

Day 11: Woke up feeling great. Lots of energy. Took a spoonful of coconut butter, stomach tolerated it. It's was 38 degrees (Irvine,CA) & freeeeezing well for me it was especially loving in Orange County.

Easy slow running, after I hit mile 2 my left side was cramping up. Like gas pains or I needed to go to the bathroom (#2) Eeek! Never has happened to me before in my running career. :(

Struggled in pain for the next 4 miles. Walked more than jogging. I was HORRIBLE!! Never felt like this befor.

The stomach pain was my issue today. I had the energy but stomach pain was horrible.

Felt super dehydrated, like I needed electrolytes. Curled up on the couch in pain, freezing, like I had the stomach flu but it can't be. Drank water but still felt dehydrated.

Decided I NEED coconut water (no additives just coconut water) after a few minutes finally, felt a tad better.

Eating my eggs & chicken sausage w/blueberries slowly, feeling better than earlier.

Read through forums about bowel movement experiences, hoping this is the stage where it gets worse then better or could it be from my first time drinking Kombucha yesterday (Is this the "detox"

Hope today gets better. Scheduled to run 8 tomorrow but think its best to rest, until this stomach sito passes. :( Almost want to give up because of this horrible experience, but I won't.

I would really like for you to post this in another forum where a moderator might chime in. Maybe "troubleshooting your whole 30"...

I guess you could have just eaten something that didn't agree, it could be detox, or you could need to implement the no eggs process...which I have read about; but don't have experience with. A moderator might have more insight. :)

I hope you are feeling better today.

Happy Day 11 which means we are past 1/3 of the way through (I like small victories!)

Went in to Manhattan today and was psyched by my complete disregard for any of my favorite snacking places - Empire Bakery, Schmackary's, Magnolia Bakery. Not even a twinge of wanting to go there. I actually picked up marshmallow chocolate things from Whole Foods for the hubs. Helps that I don't like marshmallows anyway :P

Was just reading Allisen's stomach issue and got really scared. While at Whole Foods I also picked up two different Kombucha teas since everyone has been raving about them. Had one at lunch and sipped on the second on the subway ride hope. I was just curious what it tasted like. Sooooo... now I've had 1 1/2 bottles in one day. Does this mean I'm going to shit myself?!

Eck.

truly LOL!

Kombucha does have a laxative effect...which is helpful for those of us who need that side effect. :)

I had a similar experience around day 14-- the night after an all-out spin class. I felt nauseous, diarrhea, and low electrolyte feelings. It took me two days to get over it. I had thought it was the burger patty I ate, but I am not sure. Ultimately, things only got better after a banana/soy/green tea cheat smoothie and Imodium.

Yesterday I went out on a 18 mile bike for the first time (I am on day 27!). I didn't feel particularly fast, and lost speed on the last five miles. Toward the end I stopped wanting to push myself very hard.

I will want to learn more about the Whole30 and longer workouts. All in all, I am so happy with my results. I did set a pull up record yesterday (22!) and I am sure I have dropped >5 lbs. (I'll see on Wednesday).

How do you feel now?

Hang in there.

I would really like for you to post this in another forum where a moderator might chime in. Maybe "troubleshooting your whole 30"...

I guess you could have just eaten something that didn't agree, it could be detox, or you could need to implement the no eggs process...which I have read about; but don't have experience with. A moderator might have more insight. :)

I hope you are feeling better today.

Thanks Heathera, feeling much better today :) & a moderator helped me, relieved to hear that Kombucha does have that side affect. Whew.

I haven't read about the "no eggs process" but I'll look into that if those symptoms happen again. (Knock on wood)

Happy I survived that horrible experience made it to day 12!!

Eck.

Aww sorry if I scared you or anyone else that read my post. Not my intention, I was reaching out/sharing if anyone else experience that too.

Hope you're stomach didn't react to Kombucha like how mine did.

Feeling much better today :)

I had a similar experience around day 14-- the night after an all-out spin class. I felt nauseous, diarrhea, and low electrolyte feelings. It took me two days to get over it. I had thought it was the burger patty I ate, but I am not sure. Ultimately, things only got better after a banana/soy/green tea cheat smoothie and Imodium.

Yesterday I went out on a 18 mile bike for the first time (I am on day 27!). I didn't feel particularly fast, and lost speed on the last five miles. Toward the end I stopped wanting to push myself very hard.

I will want to learn more about the Whole30 and longer workouts. All in all, I am so happy with my results. I did set a pull up record yesterday (22!) and I am sure I have dropped >5 lbs. (I'll see on Wednesday).

How do you feel now?

Hang in there.

Thanks for sharing your experience. A moderator mention that Kombucha does have that side affect I experienced. (Hoping that was it, because I never want to feel like that again.)

I'm looking forward for day 27, even better 30!!

Good job on your pull up record!

I refuse to weigh myself on the "evil scale" but I'm sure you dropped >5lbs.

Feeling soooo much better today. Thanks for asking.

Ah you poor thing, "runners trots" are quite a common phenomenon, and the kombucha might have been responsible for sure. Take it easy & feel better soon

"Runner trots" lol

Yes Kombucha was responsible because I feel so much better today :) Thank you.

Archived