60 Days in the hole! **** 90!!!****

Fenderbender

Ok.... 60 days down of 90

These last 2-3 weeks or so have really been the time where I hit my stride! So anybody who says the " magic" isn't happening after 20-25 days.... Push through and keep it going....

Results so far:

Before-I used only get 3-4 hours sleep... Up until 1:00AM. Toss and turn all night

Now- dead to the world at 9:30-10:00 and only wake at the alarm or if my slobbery bulldogs jump me to go out

Before- tired and lethargic mid afternoon...needed to nap, didn't want to do anything

Now- I'm afraid folks think I'm on crack...I'm running around finding projects to do!

Before- cranky and moody as hell.... I had the devil in me if I was hungry ( every two hours)

Now- so mellow, always in a good mood, and don't even think about food....I'm good for 6 hours between meals no snacks

Before- dry cracked skin, nails,lips

Now- I'm as smooth as a baby's bottom...

Before- obsessed with numbers on a scale, if I gained a pound I'd be depressed and chuck the whole diet

Now- couldn't care less...I actually gained 5 pounds between days 30-60 but my pants went from 36 regular fit to 34 slim fit... My workouts have been soooo energized, I've made great strength/conditioning gains so I know muscle memory kicked in and I've just pumped back up ( I'm just going to cut back my protein portions so I don't gain any more) I believe this is a good sign that my hormones are straitening out....losing fat and gaining muscle. I am seriously vascular...

In addition: no depression with outmeds, no anxiety without meds, BP= 110/70, BM's shoots as silk, pain free....pain free.....PAIN FREE with no meds!!!!

So.... I still have a bit of dialing in to do....but this is by far the best I've ever felt in my life and I feel that I can really sustain this for the long haul and be very happy and satisfied doing it......

YAAAAAAAAY I love this so so much. I was humming and hawing on a Whole100 but this just sealed the deal..."If Fender can do it, so can I" :D

Congrats on hitting the 2/3rds of the way point in your journey. I really look forward to your W90 recap at the end and any other random foodie bits and recipes you feel like sharing with us paleo minions.

Keep up the inspiring work Fender...you are the best!

Love this.

Inspiring me to keep going too. Christmas Day will mark day 30...and I am hoping ISWF comes in the mail today!!!!!

I'm taking it a day at a time ...planning at least w60...and probably w90 before reintroduction, but who knows? March 5th will be 100 days...and we are taking a vacation to the beach on the 16th...maybe I'll go through the 15th...and make it 110!

Your recommendations; and advice have really helped me, and it just keep moving forward, and touching those close to me. This morning my boyfriend agreed to start his w30 on January 2!! It will be so nice to have another person in the house who is doing this too...but I would not be where I am with it now without the encouragement of people like you! :)

So glad I could inspire!! The same is true here.... Love hearing the success stories....and the rough roads also, we are all human and all we can do is our best.... My heart goes out and I empathize with those who strive to better themselves and do their best.... Really don't have time for complainers.... I connect with people who even after getting knocked down 2 days in, acknowledge it and own up, pick themselves up and try try again...That's courage, those are my inspiration.. Patience, perseverance,consistency..... Knock me down? Watch your back! I'm coming for ya!!!!

We might be soul buddies... I also hate complainers, whiners, half a**ers and "woe is me"ers. My deepest respect is for 100% compliance and people that dust themselves off and start again when they stumble. Fall a thousand times, get back up a thousand and one.

Keep on keepin' on FenderbrillantBender

Thanks everyone!!!

Derval Hmmmm.....fenderbrilliantbender, that has a nice ring to it....lol. I say that with a giggle, because I worked with

A gentleman from Dublin for a year or so, and not only every other word was an expletive,every other syllable! He would say " that was fan f@$&ingtastic". He was a hoot in the executive committee meetings !!!!

Hey Mjam.... I do believe our souls travel in small groups from lifetime to lifetime.... :)

Petra... You'll get there, just let it happen, I'm usually very goal oriented and wound tight, I just gave myself to this with the knowledge that what I am doing is healthy.... No expectations.... Kinda like really good sex " blush" happens when you least expect it !!!

Susan.....what can I say....you just rock!!!!

First off, CONGRATS!!!

Second, thanks so much for the many thoughtful, inspiring, encouraging, and downright cheerful posts on all sorts of subjects here.

Third, Seriously Vascular would be a great band name for, like, surgeons moonlighting for weddings and bar mitzvahs. Ha!

First off, CONGRATS!!!

Second, thanks so much for the many thoughtful, inspiring, encouraging, and downright cheerful posts on all sorts of subjects here.

Third, Seriously Vascular would be a great band name for, like, surgeons moonlighting for weddings and bar mitzvahs. Ha!

ROTFLOL........!!! Thanks for the laugh!!!!

Juzbo..... I'm going to finish out 90 and then slowly slowly reintroduce a few things and see how it goes,but the plan is to stay about 95% complient afterwards..... Maybe white rice or white potatoes once in a while to help fuel long workshops ( I participate in self defense/tactical seminars that can go on for two 12 hr days) but my body Is so fat adapted I'd probably crash ......

I just don't crave anything at the moment.... I've never been happier eating.... So I'll see..:)

I can't wait to "feel the magic". I feel pretty damn good but nothing magical yet but I am only on Day 23 so I have some time yet before I am all sparkles and fairy dust.

In all honesty....for me the " magic" is simply just not feeling like $hit all the time! I think we all as a society have gotten so used to feeling like crap on a daily basis that it has become out baseline.... Achy,swollen,bloated,stuffy,constipated,sore,nervous,depressed,inflamed.....has become the norm and the big Pharm companies rely on it.... Just look at the TV ads for meds to combats all these ailments....

For me, I now wake up everyday feeling good, not like a super hero, just plain ole good...... That's my definition of " magic" .

In all honesty....for me the " magic" is simply just not feeling like $hit all the time! I think we all as a society have gotten so used to feeling like crap on a daily basis that it has become out baseline.... Achy,swollen,bloated,stuffy,constipated,sore,nervous,depressed,inflamed.....has become the norm and the big Pharm companies rely on it.... Just look at the TV ads for meds to combats all these ailments....

For me, I now wake up everyday feeling good, not like a super hero, just plain ole good...... That's my definition of " magic" .

Totally, completely, wholeheartedly, absolutely agree. Times a thousand million gajillion.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, yesterday was a successful 90 days! Really feeling great... Strength, stamina,performance is up, sleeping great,mood is great...

I suppose there are some issues that food alone won't correct.... I have severe hormonal issues and needed to go back on HRT. The cool part is I have much fewer of the negative side effects that used to plague me and I hardly notice that I'm on them.... Down side is that they do spike my blood pressure so I needed to go back on a mild anti- hypertensive..... With it I'm averaging 110/70.

I believe the reason is the HRT makes me retain a lot of fluids, so instead of being defeated I have drastically removed most remaining added sodium from my diet and have been eating much more fish in place of red meat..... Hopefully after a month or so I'll be able to go off the BP meds.... We shall see

This was such an inspiration to me. I just decided to change my Whole 45 (currently on Day 26) to a Whole 100 over the weekend. I can see I'm improving, but it's slooow. Your account of Days 30-60 really helps me put in perspective. Congratulations on such great progress!

So inspired, thank you! I am just on day 3 of what I am calling my Whole??... I am pretty sure 30 will not do it and I don't want to put an end date on it until I know how I am feeling after 30 days. Great job!!! Thank you for sharing!

Fenderbender, you are very inspirational, thank you for having such a good attitude it really makes a difference to people.

I was thinking of continuing to 60 possibly 100, it just hasn't been long enough for me psychologically (currently day 26), and the sugar dragon still tries to get to me through fruit......must knock it dead for good.

My husband asked me "so are you cracking open the chocolate at the start of February then?" and I said "erm....no....I really don't want to actually" and thats the truth. Too soon, I must keep going!

Mrsmaggie,

I feel the same way. I know I need to keep going. I am getting really excited about adapting dishes and making them Paleo, but then I stop and assess how this is going to impact the rest of my relationship with food, the rest of my plate, and the rest of my week or day. I can see myself getting caught up in the rationalization of being creative, or just having a piece or a bite. I have done this before and find myself letting more and more sugar in. I hope someday to come to a place where this is not true, but I know deep down it is my reality.

Rojo

I know what you mean, I think being in the 'confines' of the rules keeps me feeling safe, but at the same time I do love the food I am eating now. I have the Well Fed book and have been making some of the recipes - so yummy!

Its kinda weird though when I try to explain it to others, if it comes up in conversation - this morning I had leftover Bora Bora Fireballs with spinach, mushrooms, an egg and some avocado for my breakfast. I went to the hairdressers at 10am and the girl cutting my hair started talking about feeling rubbish and she thought it was all the bread she eats, she said she cut it out for a few months and felt better then it slipped back in again. I told her about the Whole30 and she said "so what do you eat for breakfast then?" and I told her mostly the leftovers from dinner. I think she thought I was a total weirdo.

Meanwhile my husband and kids are all sitting having toast and banana or weetabix or porridge for breakfast.

I really love cooking and I am not too bad at looking in the fridge and quickly putting a meal together in my head, however I am on maternity leave now, due to return to work in 5 weeks, my life will be a treadmill then working full time with a baby and 3 year old, and thats partly the reason I want to keep going to maintain momentum and energy levels. I do worry though about the level of organisation involved but my philosophy is that if its important enough it will be prioritised.

I have seen that a lot of my relationship with food has been passed on by my mother through conditioning, seeing this helps me to know that I have a choice, and I choose a Whole100 instead of the reward junk food when I am finished with this month.

Rojo - what feeling are you aware of each time the sugar creeps in to the next stage? My risks are tiredness or frustration or stress.

I think in time I will set a rule of incorporating or allowing non-compliant food in situations where I am out somewhere or at a social function etc and its a struggle to eat squeaky clean and the rest of the time I will eat like this. Then there hopefully won't be so much of a slippery slope, however I expect it at some point before I jump back on the Whole30.

I am quite surprised I am managing to do this Whole30!

Your breakfast today sounds sooo good! I too love everything I am eating. I do get in slumps, but overall, my taste-buds and mind are pleased.

Good job sharing with your stylist. Even if she thought you were strange, at least you are spreading the word! Who knows, she may, at some point, thank you in her head for mentioning leftovers for breakfast if she ever decides to have a go at a Whole30.

My kids are older now. I can't imagine work and such young ones all at once! It is good you are getting in a firm pattern now, and think well on the spur of the moment for meals. Gosh. Make sure to schedule in those 15 or twenty minutes during the day to center your mind if you can. I remember those days. My friend and I call them The Dark Ages.

I find when I am tired, or hormonal, or anxious, it is the worst. I find that if I am restless or moody I want to soothe myself with almost anything sweet, or not.

I do agree that we are programmed partly by our environment. I definitely have a lot of my mom's food behaviors. I am so glad to be here working on rebooting some of that mess. :)

You are doing a great job ( post par-tum, and a toddler to boot!) I admire you. Hang in there and check in. I get so much inspiration from others.

Best of luck and lots of support your way!

Archived