Warning- Rant!!

Kirsteen

Ok, so I've already posted that I have my ex and his sister over for a buffet on boxing Day every year (it pleases my son). I still eat basically W30 and, since they're the most conservative eaters I know, I decided just to buy food for them but also have things I would eat and since we're all helping ourselves, no-one need comment on my food choices.

Specifically for them I had:- mini-sausages, sausage rolls, quiche, potato wedges, home made potato salad, cakes and cookies. For us all I had:- king prawns, chicken, olives, home made coleslaw, home made mayo and a bowl of fresh mixed berries.

My ex s-i-l helps herself to prawns and we have the following conversation

Her:- Do you have any seafood sauce I can dip these in.

Me:- No but there's mayo there you can have.

Her:- Oh No! I like seafood sauce. You know these would have been really nice if you'd just provided seafood sauce with them, then it would have been like prawn cocktail. That would have been a nice thing to do. I don't know why you didn't.

Later she helps herself to berries

Her:-I don't suppose you've got any cream to go with these.

Me:- Well you know I don't eat dairy (I haven't for years) but I'll fetch you some coconut cream that's really nice with them.

Her:- Oh certainly not! We all know you're weird but you really think you could provide some proper food for normal people.

There really should be an icon for going :) when you mean :angry: :angry: :angry: !

On the plus side it really showed just how much W30 has changed my relationship with food. I really enjoyed what I ate and despite the added stress and aggro was in no way tempted by what they were eating. After they left, I threw out the remaining cakes, cookies etc and put my feet up with a glass of home made kombucha to work out if homicide by seafood sauce really would be possible :D.

HOMICIDE BY SEAFOOD SAUCE! BAHAHAHAHAHAH omg you are a riot! I'd help you hide a body :ph34r:

I am upset that you had to deal with this...you were gracious enough to have them over to please your son and she had the ladyballs to EXPECT nay DEMAND things of you IN YOUR OWN HOUSE...what a witch!

And I love how people always refer to crap food as "normal" food...ummm I am pretty sure you offered her plenty of normal food. I am a meanie...eat in my house, eat my food but luckily all my peeps are pretty open minded.

Eating with other people really does show all the great changes that have come from the program.

I started my W30 in July and while it's created so many positive changes for me, it has really pissed off a lot of people in my life. A few have been truly supportive, but most just become angry when they realize I no longer eat pasta, cake, cookies, etc. When I don't cave to peer pressure, they call me weird, difficult or anti-social. It's okay, I do what's right for me. Besides, when I was in High School, I was a chubby kid who played the French Horn in the marching band-I've been called much worse, lol. Even my mom will angrily refer to it as "that paleo thing you're doing," once in a while.

It's hard and it's frustrating, but good for you for sticking to your guns. You did everything you could to accommodate those who eat "normal" food while honoring your own healthy way of eating. Keep doing what you're doing. Some people will eventually come around and be supportive.

W30 is definitely the road less traveled, but for me, it has made all the difference. Good luck to you and Happy New Year! :-)

I agree with the others - you were a gracious host and she was beyond rude for the things she said to you. It's so interesting to see how intimidated people feel by those who are taking control of their health and making the choices that ALL people should be making. It comes out in ridiculous phrases and angry judgment, but you are right to rise above it and relish in your good health.

I really want to come up with a funny, snarky comment about all of this, but it just makes me so sad!

What a bitter, small woman she is.

Kirsteen, you are so lovely, and I so enjoy your posts here! You made a lovely meal and she is completely ungrateful and rude!!

You will have the last (extremely healthy) laugh!!

You inspire me to do my best!!

Kirsteen - thank you for that. All of that. Now that we have a picture of your lovely face, I can imagine you sitting there plotting her death by seafood sauce. I know it must have made you cross to have to deal with that, but you found the humor in it, too (at least after the fact).

Mjam - ladyballs. bwahahahahahahaha.

Thank you for your support everyone. I love this forum :wub: . She is incredibly rude and always has been, I think she justifies it as just 'plain speaking'. The really sad thing is she refuses to cook - ever. Her idea of 'normal' food is processed crap ready meals, Mc Donalds and loads of buns and cakes......and she thinks I'm weird.

Thank you for your support everyone. I love this forum . She is incredibly rude and always has been, I think she justifies it as just 'plain speaking'. The really sad thing is she refuses to cook - ever. Her idea of 'normal' food is processed crap ready meals, Mc Donalds and loads of buns and cakes......and she thinks I'm weird.

We love you Kirsteen. Phhhttt on her. :)

"There really should be an icon for going :) when you mean :angry: :angry: :angry: !"

This made me laugh out loud, and I totally agree! Great job on keeping your cool. Sounds like some passive (or not so passive, really) aggression toward you cause she's jealous you're so cool your ex-sif wants to hang out with you! If it weren't one thing, it surely would have been another. I admire how you took it in stride.

• 2 weeks later...

My ex s-i-l helps herself to prawns and we have the following conversation

Her:- Do you have any seafood sauce I can dip these in.

Me:- No but there's mayo there you can have.

Her:- Oh No! I like seafood sauce. You know these would have been really nice if you'd just provided seafood sauce with them, then it would have been like prawn cocktail. That would have been a nice thing to do. I don't know why you didn't.

Oh my. So, if they ever come over again, you can have your own homemade spicy ketchup ready for the prawn cocktail. (WellFed sans honey) Whether or not it is her last meal, will be up to your mood? So bad. :-p

Archived