Organic senna leaf

Organic goji berries

Organic ginger root

Organic marshmallow root

Organic cinnamon chips

Organic licorice root

Natural vanilla flavor 

Organic raspberry leaf

Also if anyone knows if these fruits in the tea will feed candida as I am trying to rid myself of it. I have also been looking for ways to get the die off from candida out of my system and see that milk thistle is recommended. Any advice on brand or strength or how often and for how long would be appreciated. 

I make a list of things to buy, head to the health store, see all the options, and price variations, get overwhelmed and leave with nothing. Research and its almost too much information. I am using my whole30 family as my homebase for information. 

That tea contains senna, which is a laxative. Unless you have need for a laxative, I strongly recommend that you do not take it, as it can cause your bowel to become dependant. Laxatives should not be used long term, only when needed.

Most "detox" teas do this. They sell themselves as this cleanse, while really they're just laxative abuse in a pretty box.

I was going to make a similar comment about the senna, as that's the type of laxative I use when it's necessary (but as Schrod mentioned, you really don't want to be using it on a regular basis, especially not without a doctor's input).

The night blend looks like a better option in terms of fighting Candida because it contains ginger, cinnamon, and licorice... but the chamomile and lemon myrtle might have you wanting to doze, so I'd not recommend it for a daytime drink. (Personally, I wouldn't recommend anything with senna as a daytime drink anyway, due to the mentioned laxative effects.)

Goji berry is a nightshade, but if you have no negative reactions to nightshades in general or goji berries specifically, then there's no reason to think it would cause an issue in tea. In case it helps you determine whether or not you've had reactions, paprika is made from goji berries and the nightshades family includes other foods like potatoes, tomatoes, tomatillos, all pepper fruits (bell, chili, banana, etc.), and eggplant... maybe others, worth looking it up if you're curious or concerned.

Milk thistle does offer liver support and can assist with treating Candida overgrowth, but it's also used by lactating women to help promote an increase in milk production. I've never used it for anything, personally.

In terms of actually battling Candida, I'd recommend herbal supplements rather than relying on teas. Supporting your fight with tea can help, of course, but you'll want to make sure you don't take in too much (general suggestion is to limit to 1 bag/cup per day, unless directed otherwise by your health professional). As with anything like this, though, I'm also going to have to recommend speaking with your doctor so they're kept in the loop regarding what's going into your system and why. He (or she) might even have some suggestions in terms of supplements that help.

Here's some good information for a natural approach -- https://www.verywellhealth.com/natural-remedies-for-candida-88223

My brain's managing to not pull information correctly now, apparently... I could've sworn I remembered something connecting goji berries and paprika, but maybe it was just that they'd both be removed when avoiding nightshades. Definitely something to mentally note and hope I don't forget along the way! :) 

Apologies for the misinformation on that one. I do stand by the rest of the information and opinions given, though.

Thanks everyone I won’t purchase it. I received a sample and it tasted good but I haven’t felt well since I drank it yesterday and my Dr already has me taking aloe for constipation as needed. Is that also a laxative? It works really well if that helps anyone. 

• Whole30 Certified Coach
On 7/19/2019 at 11:57 AM, KaraS said:

Thanks everyone I won’t purchase it. I received a sample and it tasted good but I haven’t felt well since I drank it yesterday and my Dr already has me taking aloe for constipation as needed. Is that also a laxative? It works really well if that helps anyone. 

I've heard that aloe can act as a laxative, but too much can cause further problems. I am not a medical professional, so please make sure to follow your doctors orders. I hope you feel better soon!

Archived