Starting October 1

Yepa

Hello all!

Got the Whole 30 book and started looking it over.  Realized it was what I have been looking for.  Something that works with what I already eat/like but makes it more healthy.   Also am making some life changes that will make it easier to begin from scratch with having only foods around me that are approved.  So I have chosen October 1st as my start date and working on getting everything ready and set up to start putting best foot forward.  I know I will need encouragement and strengthening of spirit along the way lol.  Will be looking for where to sign up for those daily emails :)  Also I have a "diet" buddy to help keep me going.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/22/2019 at 5:15 PM, ShannonM816 said:

Hi, @Yepa! Just to let you know, the daily emails no longer exist. Instead, there is a Whole30 Day By Day book, which has daily tips and room for journaling. 

I'm glad you posted this, I have also been looking for these emails.  They were the best!  It was why I was looking forward to coming back to Whole30, best accountability system.  It made it SO easy and I loved hitting the I did it button at the end of the day.  I don't know if Im ready to pay for a coach since I did really well last time I did it years ago and I am super motivated, guess I'll try the journal.  That may change of course.

HI! I'm also starting October 1st. I did the Whole30 a few years ago and (aside from the adjustment periods!) it was the best I had ever felt in my life - emotionally, mentally and physically. I've been "mentally preparing" to do another Whole30 for a few months... okay it's just been plain procrastination. I had to reread "It Starts with Food" and just finished this morning. My biggest issue is sugar addiction. Amazingly I've managed to stay away from refined sugar since February, the final straw was when I realized how detrimental it really is to my somewhat fragile emotional health (I have generalized anxiety and a panic disorder).  I'm hoping to live the rest of my life without refined sugar being a part of it. Fingers crossed.

Most of my procrastination has been my tendency to overthink things and PERFECTIONISM. I've been waiting for the stars to align perfectly and feel like I know every single rule and how to handle every potential challenge before even starting. I'm telling myself that I just need to eat 3 complaint meals a day according to the template, and will do my best with all of the other rules/suggestions and nuances of the program (e.g. don't drink fluids while eating, eat 15 minutes after working out, eat organic meat but conventional avocados are okay etc.etc.). So much to think about!! It was hard enough convincing myself to start without having read every single available resource and book. 

Anyways here I am! My birthday is October 20th so I'd like to be more than halfway through the program as a birthday present to myself. And I'm prepared to tell people that not eating birthday cake IS my birthday present to myself. 

Also glad that I stumbled across the answer to the mysteriously vanished daily emails, I will miss those too!!

GOOD LUCK to you guys! We got this! ^_^

I am also planning on starting tomorrow! I am very excited for the next 30 days. I know they will be challenging but I have done something similar before through a doctor so I am hoping it won't be too bad.  I have been low carb for quite some time and am looking forward to adding some fruit and potatoes back in my diet.  I can't wait to see some non scale victories over the next 30 days and of course I would be okay if I have a few scale victories too :)

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Hey everyone,  as a W30 coach and someone who loved those daily emails, I created some for my clients.  I don’t charge clients right now because my schedule doesn’t allow “in depth” coaching, so if anyone wants to be added to the daily email list or a Facebook group (I can make one), let me know!

Hi All,

I'm also starting tomorrow (october 1st). I have completed 2 W30s in the past few years, and have felt like I need to return to it again. I've tried doing smaller resets, but I think my body really needs the full 30 days this time around. Some of my IBS issues have really gotten out of control to the point that almost every food has become a problem. October should be a good time for me, no big family gatherings, just me and my husband and life. Of course I will have to navigate some social outings, but all things I know I can tackle. 

Also, we now live in Mexico City, which is amazing, but an entirely different world. We have a teeny tiny kitchen, and don't have access (at least at a reasonable price) to many of the fun ingredients I used in the US; coconut aminos, fish sauce, etc. So if anyone comes across really basic recipes I'm all open. I also can't eat avocado, which always puts a damper on things here in Mexico. However, I do have unlimited access too:

- eggs

- all the fruit you've ever dreamed of

- basically any vegetable

- chicken

- beef

- basic spices

- olive oil

2 hours ago, tbrunhoefer said:

Hey everyone,  as a W30 coach and someone who loved those daily emails, I created some for my clients.  I don’t charge clients right now because my schedule doesn’t allow “in depth” coaching, so if anyone wants to be added to the daily email list or a Facebook group (I can make one), let me know!

This would be awesome.

Hey guys!! I'm also starting on the 1st!! I'm honestly terrified. I have a Hell and Back event on Saturday and that's the day I feel is going to be tough but the book said that that's not a good enough reason to post pone the start to a healthier self. I'm glad I found this forum because before when I told my friends and family that I'm starting something then something happened like injury or bad sleep and everything went downhill..

I reeeeally want to stick to this for the next 30 days

17 hours ago, tbrunhoefer said:

Yes, that would be great!!

Hi Everyone, I am starting my first Whole30 today. I a hoping to gain a better relationship with food, enhance my food eating habits and find foods to stay away from so my digestive problems go away. Open to survivor tips and tricks to make it through the next 30 days.

Decided about 2 weeks ago that I would start this Oct 1st with my boyfriend because we both have health goal to reach. My bf regularly exercises but is not dropping the weight that he wants. I use to exercise regularly but I stopped bc I was burned out from not seeing results. I was not eating for my goals and eventually I gave up. I have gained weight and have high blood pressure and cholesterol. I've yoyoed for the last couple of years. So now I want to be accountable of what I put in my body so that eventually I can be healthier over all and just feel better about the decisions I make. Did anyone have a "last meal"? We had our favorite appetizer and sandwich last night. I can't wait until reintroduction to see how I feel after the first bite. I hope that I won't feel the same thing that I felt when I did have my "last meal" before starting my first round at Whole30!

Hi there! I also just started my second whole30 today and am excited for the upcoming month. I did my first one in May and it was tough in the beginning and then got easier and easier! In between, I have made an effort to cook by the rules as much as possible, so I definitely feel ready for it! I almost forgot I was on it and nearly at some Altoids, but I put it down before I opened it >< My boyfriend is doing a paleo challenge with the gym, and even though it's a little different, I'm excited to do this with him. 

On 9/27/2019 at 2:58 PM, ronaldbellantone said:

am also starting on oct. first.  Looking to kick a serious potato chip snack addiction.   Good Luck

72 year old male, first whole 30.  Trying to keep a healthy profile and remove a few unhealthy choices  from my diet, also want to feel better and get that elusive great nights sleep.    Good luck to all

On 9/30/2019 at 8:03 AM, tbrunhoefer said:

I would love to get daily emails! 

Just want to chime in and say way to go for ending Day 1! I know I ate some satisfying food today, did you? I'm also being reminded that W30 can often mean less sodium because we're cutting out all of the pre-packaged foods, so make sure to drink all the water.

So, on my day 3 today and this is the day I got that sugar hangover headache the book tells us about and foggy mind.

Anyone else is having same symptoms?

Oh, before starting this I had treats every evening and first evening went fine but my sweet tooth kicked in last night when I was tired and I grabbed those sweets but then forcefully put them down and went to read the book..

Archived