Hey there guys!

I just wanted to post to see what your favorite coconut brands to use were and why. I've tried some pretty gnarly ones and some that are okay, though my favorite one so far is also the most expensive so I'm looking for alternatives.

Here's a link to my top choice:

http://importfood.com/naturalcoconutmilk.html

Cha-cha-cha-check it out.

Is that Aroy-D one a coconut milk beverage? Or is it like the thick coconut milk in cans?

It is not a beverage type. There really aren't any that are beverage types. Those are all full of icky stuff.

I've tried 4-5 different brands since I started 3 weeks ago. For anyone that has a Sobey's or Sobey's affiliated store nearby the Organic Compliments brand has definitely been the best I've found. Super thick, creamy and tasty. Sadly it's like $2.50/can, but having said that I've never found anything under $2 and those $2 ones were crap.

As a second choice I try to get Thai Kitchen...but find that they are hit and miss.

Always shake the can! If it sloshes, it's not as good IMO.

I hate the TJ's ones! They water 'em down too much. And the thick ones from Joe's have that metabisulfate or whatever it's called. The Aroy-D stuff is just straight, smooth, thick,coconut milk. Thai Kitchen just doesn't seem as smooth to me! I dunno. I guess I'll keep trying!

I hate the TJ's ones! They water 'em down too much. And the thick ones from Joe's have that metabisulfate or whatever it's called. The Aroy-D stuff is just straight, smooth, thick,coconut milk. Thai Kitchen just doesn't seem as smooth to me! I dunno. I guess I'll keep trying!

Do you get that brand in a store locally? If so which one?

Archived