LadyM's seduction continues (sur son propre velo)

LadyM

• Moderators

Day 5

I know it's (probably) too soon for tiger blood, but everyone at the gym this morning was making remarks about me being the energizer bunny. Bootcamp was followed by a cardio/core class full of plyo and everybody but me dropped out. I just kept going and going and going. I hope it lasts a bit because I have barre in two hours and so.much.work to do before I teach tomorrow. Back to reality.

post wo chicken breast, sweet potato

M1 spinach egg smoked salmon bake

M2 grapefruit, cottage pie

M3 turkey veg soup, kale with kabocha and duck eggs, raspberries

ETA: hopped on the treadmill at work for half an hour and walked a steep incline. My plan is to do this three times a week as the icy temps and heavy snow limit my walking outside.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for you, Energizer Bunny!  Hope it keeps going for barre!  Sounds like your transition to a soft W30 has been smooth, as expected.

Good luck getting ready to head back to teaching.  I hope you have accomplished what you were hoping in your six weeks.

Happy New Year!

• Moderators

Thanks, Sara! Happy New Year to you, too!

I always aim a bit too high, so I didn't accomplish everything I'd hoped, but that may be for the best. Less writing but more relaxation and play. I think I got exactly what I needed!

I have such a good feeling about 2015, don't you?

I agree, it is going to be a great 2015!

I just decided that I'm going to join your soft W30, but for me, it's going to be just no sweets and no alcohol.  No exceptions.  :)  It's good to have some definition to my plan.  It's a good way to start the year.

• Moderators

No sweets no alcohol no exceptions=good stuff!

Alcohol is really the only thing I miss anymore during a W30, and it's really only because of socializing. I don't crave alcohol when left to my own devices, but I do enjoy it occasionally as part of my life. Especially my dating life.

It is, of course, possible to socialize with drinkers without drinking myself, but it's a tough switch for someone who has historically been the life of the party, so to speak. As my bff said, "You're still fun when you're not drinking, but you're not AS MUCH fun." Oy.

Looking good LadyM! I'm trying to get back on track as well. Too many off plan foods have been consumed in my home and too many meals out as well. Sat in my car with my Well Fed cookbook this morning after class making a shopping list. Here is to an awesome 2015!

• Moderators

That's exactly what I did over the weekend: sat down with my two Well Fed books, my NomNom kindle version, and Practical Paleo. Such fun! Keep us posted about the winners among your new test recipes. I heartily recommend the cottage pie and North African salmon as well as old standby belly dance beets.

• Moderators

Day 6

First day back in front of a classroom. Nervous and excited like the first day of school all over again. . . .

Totally crashed last night just before 8 and slept pretty well until 3:30 or so. I had planned to get up at 4 anyway to prep class, so it was fine. I feel like I already have a day's worth of work under my belt, and yet the public part of my day has yet to begin!

No workout this morning, but barre and yoga classes on tap tonight. Might squeeze in a treadmill walk if a meeting doesn't run too long this afternoon.

M1 black coffee, 2 grapefruit, two duck eggs, collard greens, kabocha squash

M2 blackberries, cottage pie

M3 salmon, romaine, beets

ETA M4/post wo (barre and yoga in the pm--came home famished) chicken breast, sweet potato

• Moderators

Day 7

M1 grapefruit, salmon egg spinach bake

M2 turkey veg soup, chicken breast with romaine

M3 tbd

All good things here. Glad, actually, for the structure again of my day job. Not mad about winter, either, except barre was cancelled today for snow and cold. :angry: I took a couple of walks instead and plan to add in a bootcamp class and maybe some treadmill time this evening.

Situation: I've been invited to a dinner party Saturday night with dear, close friends I love. The food will not be compliant and the wine will be flowing. It will be a big deal for me to refuse any of it should I attend. Because that's how they--and we--are. I don't want a big deal but I also don't want to decline the invite because of W30. I'm not sure if I want to break the W30 for it, though. What to do?

I also will be headed to Chicago to meet friends from Philly on Friday. I can probably avoid all noncompliant things, for the most part, though one never really knows at a restaurant.

Date tomorrow night, though I think we can easily bypass dinner and drinks and do something else entirely. He's pretty responsive to my desires. ;)

So, I guess what I'm saying is if this turns out to be a mini reset rather than a full Whole30, I'm not going to be mad about it. However, I'm feeling so good I'm not sure I want to give up on this one. Then again, I don't think I'm in need of a full-on Whole 30 in that I can easily jump right back onto a string of compliant days if I do decide to off road. Things seem to be working well in that regard, and maybe I needn't mess with a good thing right now. I certainly don't want to revert to the stressed-out anti-social obsessive I have been on Whole 30 in the past. But we shall see. Just wanted to throw this out there and see how I feel.

Thoughts?

That's a tough one.  I've been there so many times.  I feel great and don't want to ruin it, but also want to have fun and go with the flow.  Whatever you decide to do will be fine in the long run, right?  Stay away from the stressed out anti social obsessive thing.  That isn't worth it.  All fun stuff, though!  Enjoy, whatever you decide!

Glad to hear all is going well for you!  Sounds like your problems are good problems.  ;)

My feel is that you do know how you want to handle and you should go with it (be compliant on date night and Friday night, relax on Saturday and enjoy friends, food, and wine and then back on it).  Just my take and I think you've been on this ride long enough to let loose a little and not feel too badly after a little splurge.  Maybe a series of Wxxs...

• Moderators

Thanks, friends! Funny thing: it's like having permission made the desire to off road go away. Strange thing, human psychology. Anyway, I've decided to go see a play Saturday night instead (which is something I equally want to do) and keep pushing forward with the W30.

Something that has helped spur me forward: I am feeling terrific, AND the pants that didn't fit but I wanted so desperately to be able to teach in them this term FIT! I am wearing them today and will comfortably stand in front of large groups of 18-22 year olds in them! And they're slim fit low rise jeans. I'm thrilled. And want to keep going!!

Feeling really happy about finding the right tweaks to Whole 30 for me to shed some fat. It is generally so hard for me to slim down in my midsection, but everything I'm doing seems to be working. YAY.

Also, I skipped bootcamp yesterday and today in favor of rest. I'm also giving myself permission to rest. I've learned that when my body asks for it and receives it, it responds in kind with super moods and workouts and letting go of excess fat. Why wouldn't I say yes to that?!?

Hoping barre class is a go after work and I'll try to hop on the treadmill for a quickie at some point, too.

Day 8

M1 black coffee, grapefruit, salmon spinach egg bake

M2 cottage pie

M3 turkey veg soup and sweet potato

Yay for giving permission leading to release of the desire!  What an awesome place to be.  So smart to listen to your body around working out, it will continue to thank you for it.

But a big fat Wihoo! to fitting in your jeans, that is such a super feeling!  So glad you are finally finding the tweaks that work for you.  :D

• Moderators

Day 9

SNOW DAY!

The great thing about snow days is they give absolute permission to rest and relax. The bad thing, in today's case, is that it's falling on a day I had already planned to take off and travel to see dear friends who are visiting the Midwest from the East Coast on the other side of the big lake that is producing piles of snow, gale force winds, and deathly cold temps. Alas, I shall not see my friends this time around. Boo to that. 

However, the silver lining may be that the gods are conspiring to keep me on my W30. :D

I am getting quite low on groceries, especially fresh veg, since it's the end of the week. But me being me and my pantry always being fully stocked, I'll be fine.

Turns out this wasn't the best week to scale back gym visits since today they're closed and the barre studio has been closed since Wednesday, but I'll survive that, too. Thinking I'll do some yoga at home today--maybe bust out my intense 90-minute kundalini dvd. That will get the blood flowing!

Other than that, I plan to luxuriate in lots of reading and maybe a little writing. I was dreaming about one of my favorite movies I haven't watched in years, so I might pop that in, too. All good, lovely things to ease me into a happy weekend. 

M1 black coffee, grapefruit, salmon spinach egg bake

M2 cottage pie, butternut squash "fries"

M4 chicken breast, sweet potato

• Moderators

Day 10

Such a relief to get back to barre and yoga today. It may be cold out, but the sun is shining! It's supposed to warm up quite a bit tomorrow (though still be below freezing!), so I'm thinking about doing some cross country skiing. Must find my serious winter gloves for that.

Otherwise, I hit the farmer's market and the grocery store today, so I'm well stocked again. I've already roasted brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes to have on hand, and I'm waiting for my meat to defrost so I can do more cooking for the week. But all is well. And I think my skin is looking better. There are always so many variables, but I stopped myself from changing my skin care regime because I wanted to see if diet alone would have an impact. I believe it is. Hooray for that! Makes me wonder, though, if it's the whey or the alcohol that was wreaking havoc. Probably both. . . . 

M1/post WO chicken breast, sweet potato

M2 grapefruit, raspberries, cottage pie

M3 cottage pie, sweet potato, brussels sprouts chips, blackberries, decaf w coconut milk

• Moderators

Day 11

Made it to another day--hooray!

Managed to successfully navigate a social situation without off roading and feeling especially strong about it because we were hanging out at a bar. TBH, I longingly looked at the top-shelf whiskey but decided it absolutely wasn't worth it. And you should have seen what people were eating. Yikes! I certainly do live a sheltered existence from the garbage that passes as "food" for plenty of folks. OMG. I think I would sooner eat my hat. Anyway, trying to not feel too smug about my transformed habits. Lord knows I've had my moments. Stay humble, M.

In other news, my bathroom habits have been unpredictable and it's a mystery. I've been slowly increasing my nightly magnesium and today it's finally having the desired effect. I see FMD tomorrow morning and I hope she can help. Food and water haven't really changed. I wonder if it's a cardio thing. No intervals last week, only short walks. More reason to get out on the skis today.

M1 black coffee, grapefruit, egg spinach salmon bake

M2 tuna steak, power greens salad, banana

M3 Moroccan meatballs, fennel/apple/beet salad, decaf with coconut milk

Archived