LadyM's seduction continues (sur son propre velo)

LadyM

• Moderators

Day 12

post wo sweet potato, chicken breast

M1 grapefruit, salmon spinach egg bake

M2 N.African Salmon, Persian spiced winter veg soup, banana

M2 slow-cooker pork tenderloin and veg, mashed cauli, beet/apple/butter lettuce salad, blackberries

My fridge is stocked with ready-made delicious things. This makes me so happy.

What else makes me happy is waking up feeling good, walking through snow to the gym, doing a killer workout, feeling strong, and sensing positive momentum on all fronts. And looking forward to a barre class in a little while. . . . 

I am so glad I didn't break my W30 for a drink over the weekend. I almost feel a second wave of tiger blood already. I like feeling this way.

Very busy week ahead, so I'm extra glad for the energy and added self care. Massage on Friday as a reward, yippee. Gold coins, man. I'll take 'em.

Onward!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Day 13

Moving right along. A little sore from my workouts yesterday, but in a good way. Barre after work and maybe a treadmill walk in the afternoon depending on workload.

M1 black coffee, grapefruit, kale and duck eggs

M2 moroccan meatballs, sweet potato, brussels sprouts, raspberries

M3/pre wo salmon, green salad, decaf w cm

post wo couple chicken meatballs

M4 mashed cauli, pork tenderloin and veg, bone broth, raspberries

• Moderators

Day 14

M1 grapefruit, kale, eggs, black coffee

post wo tuna, sweet potato x2 (bc two workouts and hungry!)

M2 persian winter veg soup, salmon on salad greens with beets

M3 slapdash bahnmitball and veg asianish bone broth soup, butternut squash 

Feeling good about my body, my choices, my habits. For most of my life I couldn't have said this. I've almost forgotten the agony of self loathing. So grateful for that.

Woke up early, before my alarm, and hungry. So, playing with meal timing today. Having Meal 1 before bootcamp and I'll go from there.

Barre class yesterday evening was full of college girls. This slightly intimidated me, mostly because they are young and thin, I am not, and I am a professor. I started craving wine and a cigarette (I quit in 1997) and thought, "What the hell is this?" But you know what? I am stronger and more fit than any of them. It's not a competition, of course, but it was a good reminder that who we are and what we are capable of cannot be measured by how we look at any given moment.

I quit in '99.  Funny how those darn cigs can creep into your thoughts all these years later!

Good job keeping yourself positive.  And just remember, those college girls may feel intimidated having a professor in their class.  Plus, remember that self-loathing you have finally overcome, those girls are probably dealing with that, no matter how thin they look to you.

• Moderators

And just remember, those college girls may feel intimidated having a professor in their class.  Plus, remember that self-loathing you have finally overcome, those girls are probably dealing with that, no matter how thin they look to you.

Thanks for this perspective shift, Sara. Of course you're right! Compassion is always the reframe. . . . 

• Moderators

Day 15 (WOOT)

M1 black coffee, grapefruit, kale, duck eggs, cultured carrots

M2 moroccan chicken balls, brussels sprouts, sweet potato, blackberries

M3 pork tenderloin and veg over spaghetti squash, decaf with CM

Loving my lunchbot and warming mini crockpot for my office. Very functional and darling, both.

Had a little anxiety attack last night that was instigated by external events. Slept only about four hours. Boo. But the nice thing is that I know I'm otherwise well rested, so this one-off night of undersleeping shouldn't affect me too drastically (I hope). It's gonna be a loooooooong day, though. On a happy note: I have Barre to look forward to this evening as a break between work responsibilities.

Other happy notes: I got my hairs did yesterday and I look and feel cuter than I did before. Always a win. And I have a massage tomorrow. This will pull me through all things. . . . 

Glad you are enjoying your new 'do!  A massage cures most of my ills, at least for a little while.

Sorry about the sleep, but I think you are right, being well rested helps limit the impact of one bad night.

I have brussel sprouts in the fridge, I must cook them tomorrow.  I'm slightly tired of salad and broccoli, my boring go-tos.

• Moderators

Between this and McJule's, I'm now craving brussels.  Too bad I just got back from the store.  Anyone try the new cross between brussels and kale?  Trader Joe's calls them Kale Sprouts.  They are too cute!

I haven't even heard of them! OMG a NEW VEGETABLE?!? WOOT

• Moderators

Day 16

Really let myself sleep, so that's thrown off my regular routine today. I'm grateful, though. Slept nearly 11 hours and had a little nap yesterday afternoon, so let's say I'm caught up from my off night. Killer barre class last night and then again this morning has me all kinds of sore. Heading for a massage in a bit, and then I'm planning a super relaxed and low-key weekend. With the exception of a new salsa dancing class that a friend has agreed to take with me on Sunday afternoons for the next month. I'm thrilled about that!

pre wo salmon

post wo tuna, sweet potato, romaine

M1 salmon on greens, persian winter veg soup, blackberries

M2 acorn squash, kale, eggs

• Moderators

Day 17

prewo salmon

postwo tuna, sweet potato, romaine

M1 eggs, kale, cultured carrots, persian winter veg soup

M2 salsa chicken and kraut over romaine, sweet potato w ghee, blackberries

Feeling meh today, but it's emotional and merited. I'll ride it out.

Barre this morning with a new instructor that I didn't care for. Could be that it was my sixth day of class in a row and I am tired. Skipped yoga afterward in the interest of rest, especially because my right SI seems to be acting up. I may need to see the chiropractor again this week.

Excellent long sleep last night after a very relaxing massage. I so look forward to going to bed early! Doing it again tonight. I have absolutely nothing scheduled until Salsa class tomorrow afternoon. I have reading and grading to do, but I actually enjoy those things on my own time. Got one class prepped four days ahead of time last night. What on earth is going on with this procrastinator?

Booked a writing retreat next weekend, so I'll be making the most of this contemplative introspective time of year at a cabin in the woods with a roaring fire and as many hot baths as I'd like. Winter's not so bad. Not bad at all.

• Moderators

Day 18

Nothing much to report around here. Chugging right along, doing my thing. My appetite seems smaller than usual, but pleasantly so. Nothing to worry about.

Will probably do more cooking today. Likely an egg bake and something with ground turkey, maybe more meatballs. Must be careful not to overcook those little suckers, though.

I'm just starting to supplement with fermented cod liver oil after hanging out on the Weston Price website a bit. Anyone else take it? Have experiences to share? I know there's some controversy . . . as with most things.

M1 grapefruit, eggs, kale, cultured carrots

M2 chicken meatballs, sautéed cabbage, kraut, sweet potato

M3 salmon fennel apple beet romaine salad

ETA: forgot to mention that I quit my one-cup-a-day habit of black coffee on Friday. No discernible ill effects. Happy for that.

• Moderators

Day 19

Salsa was so much fun! One solid hour of latin dancing on Sunday afternoons is enough to cast away the winter blahs. Oh how I love it!

Other than bootcamp, barre, and a bunch of catching up on niggling work projects, mostly things I volunteered for, I don't know what today will bring. Maybe some cooking. Didn't get to that yesterday. . . . 

post wo tuna, sweet potato

M1grapefruit, eggs, kale

post wo tuna, sweet potato (this is really working for me--1/2 can tuna mashed with 2 oz sweet pot and fox point seasoning)

M2 salsa chicken, romaine, kraut, banana

M3 spaghetti squash w bolognese and shiitake

• Moderators

HA I knew you will love it. I bet you are blasting top 100 Latin hits today. 

That's exactly what I'm going to do!

I knew I would love it, too, Nadia. I had taken classes a few years ago with my ex, loved it, and was pretty good at it (if I do say so myself). Not having a partner was keeping me from going back. SO glad I convinced a friend to join me. Now I know there are plenty of single ladies in the class and I can go whenevs. But the plan is to remember the steps for the different dances and just go to latin night at local clubs. Seriously. Such. Fun.

• Moderators

So true, Nadia! And is it just me or does having curves seem to help? ;) Latin dancing makes me wish I had a bigger booty. But I always wish I could shift my belly around back. . . . 

Archived