Moluv's Millionth

Moluv

It feels like I've started w30 that many times, maybe it's more like 12. I did manage 60 consecutive days, back in Jan-Feb, but that time was riddled with numerous petty restarts, mostly over questionable or mysterious restaurant foods. After that there have been many attempts at an honest to goodness w30, all of which were half-assed at best. While following the template has become an ingrained habit, and is really enough to be happy about, I am striving for a higher level of calm and clarity and focus and I don't really have room for little slips and cheats. I am gluten (and really all grains) intolerant, sensitive to sugar and dairy, easily too dependent upon alcohol or marijuana fun times or stress relief. Legumes, I'd live to say they are no problem, but peanut butter causes joint pain, headaches, stomach brick. I've not had hummus in 5 months which feels like a noteworthy victory as unused to disregard portion size altogether with that stuff. I've been doing some not-too-terrible offroading with rice, alcohol, mj, cheese and chocolate this past weekend and I am now experiencing weight gain, brain fog, anger, stress, joint pain, bloating, incompetence and rash behavior. Basically I am my old self and I don't like being her as much as I liked my new self, which really is now my old self. Does that make sense. To clarify, I want to be my new old new self again. And that's why I'm doing a NO EXCUSES NO BULLSHITE WHOLE30 starting tomorrow. Cheers!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-14185-13723441731368_thumb.jpg

Well, since Beets gave me the courage to post pics in chones, here is my starting pic. Weight 160 lbs, waist 31 in, hips 41, waist-to-hip ratio .75. Symptoms: tired in the morning (see photo), brain fog, procrastination, bloating, tight pants, headaches, napping, anger, anxiety, stress, lack of focus. Goals: get closer to permanent avoidance of grains and sugar and learning true moderation with occasional wine, chocolate and cheese, shrinking enough to fit into my clothes comfortably- which is the size I have been for the longest, most of the time, I'd just like to stay there and get off the bloatedcoaster. I hope to achieve and maintain my calm happy focused state in order to be able to make time for dancing and art and to keep my home life running smoothly especially when my husband is traveling which is 60% of the time for the next 3 months at least.

Now you look like a Texas-Beets! I mean, damn you are a rock star. Ok, wishing luck to get back to glowing self asap. Wishing strengh to get through hard days. Wishing digestion and circumstances to be cooperative!

The support here really is motivating, thanks ladies! Well Day 1 was fantastic- I already feel better just knowing all the good feelings in store for me. Today I had scrambled eggs in clarified butter with homemade cultured veggies and cholula, 1 mug BP coffee- also with clarified butter which does not taste as food as full butter. Tonight I am making homemade coconut milk (paleomom) and then turning that into that very naughty date sweetened coffee creamer (don't judge!) but I'm going to use mct oil in place of coconut milk in that recipe. Kind of ashamed to admit how much I am looking forward to the morning. For lunch I made a salad if cabbage, greens, beets, sautéed green beans and onions and deli turkey, which I thought was compliant but later realized what DEXTROSE is. Whatevs! Carry on. Dinner was special as we celebrated our little ones 3rd birthday with crab legs and steamed broccoli, both with ample amounts of clarified butter. Instead of a cake I made him homemade marshmallows in a stormtrooper candy mold, so cute. I didn't even lick my finger while making them. Day 1 a victorious glorious victory!

Kudos on a great 1st day. You so deserve to feel vibrant everyday. You look tall in your pics. I think your bloated is a regular tummy for me. I have some work today after seeing you, beets and Nadia!

I hope your morning coffee is perfect!

You don't look bloated to me! :)

You look great, but I hear you about it being more about the way you feel. I am bloated myself, like inches worth.

I was thinking I'd join you but I think I'll let you do your own thing. I'm back to waffling, as usual. Yesterday I was all gung-ho but I'm feeling panicked about my ability to stay w30 at my MIL's. Tell me I can do this, please.

Beets, you can do this! It's not about where we are, but about our intention for our health. When you decide that Whole Is important to you, you will be able to do it regardless of situation. I am so like you with waffling about these decisions. In my years of experience, the things that I waffle most about are letting go of foods. There's something important/primal about freedom to choose and stake our claim on what we do. Ironically, I get the most freedom in letting go of what I fear most. For me it's probably flour, sugar and fruit that I'm most connected with. These 59 days of no sugar or flour have given me so much brain freedom because they simply were off the table. I'm not ready to let go of fruit because I spent most of the last 25 years low carb and denying myself of the wonderment of fruit.

You'll come to peace with it when you're ready. The good news is that every journey is different and younger to write your own script. I just want you to feel happy and vibrant!

I can't guarantee I will make it 30 days straight wo restarting. It's my intention and my ideal, but the thought that I might not be able to do that wont stop me from at least STARTING. You are welcome to log as many Whole1's here as you please. And no judgement for day 0's either.

Thanks guys. Then this is my Day 1. (What constitutes a Day 0? That was probably me yesterday, when I was all ready to go and then had chocolate and wine.) 

I agree that I have to keep it here on the W30 log, or else I will build in all sorts of excuses. I don't want to feel awful during the days of crap withdrawal, nor do I want to continue feeling awful because I continue to eat the crap. At least the withdrawal has a light at the end of the tunnel. 

Beets, you can totally do this, because you've already done it. So you are capable of accomplishing it again sooner or later. I am thinking of planning how to deal with any possible temptation/craving or make a deal like if I want something I go and write it down first. Stupid ritual that will allow you to have a bit of a time to weight it. Something absolutely ridiculous works for me generally. Good luck to you too.   

"What constitutes a day 0?"~beets// allow me to illustrate. Day 0 is the day (or days) where you wake up on some day of a w30 and set out with the best intentions, following the template to the tee, but then you perhaps you spend two hours tearing your house apart searching for your husbands ping pong paddle, which he is convinced you have carelessly misplaced, then you spend 1/3 of the 3 hours you are paying a sitter on your one and only night out to go to two other locations in search of said ping pong paddle, then after finding it you arrive at the bar late missing a friend that you were unable to communicate with due to dropping your brand new iPhone in the toilet, at which point your husband inspects the one and only ping pong table in town and seems it unfit to play on. You perhaps then fond yourself scrambling to salvage a bit of your limited babysitter time to regroup friends at another bar and after paying $14 dollars to get in there is no way in hack you're not leaving without a Salty Dog...or three. Back to day 0, because tomorrow is day 1. So um, yeah, tomorrow is a new day 1 for me. That was my night. But let me tell you THOSE DRINKS WERE TOTALLY WORTH IT. I got the head change I wanted, I found lots of girlfriends to dance with (in my tiniest green shorts and favorite Patagonia tank, nothing special but I feel good, nay, great in that). And we danced our asses off, delighting onlookers and experiencing euphoria, which I live for. When we got home (at 11:15, lame) my husband even got a lap dance. So yeah, totes worth it. My dinner was fantastic, and we have leftovers. Roasted a free range local turkey breast with herbs and carrots and onions, steamed broc w/ clarified butter. post-14185-13724847112715_thumb.jpg

I am serious about publishing a book. Mo and the co. I can't stand the idea that so much wisdom, so many stories and great revelations from logsl of "the bunch" will be lost in times. Like this piece. Lap dance on a day 0. Best ever. Hope those drinks didn't bring too much of trouble today or dealing with the consequence was ok. Day1? Hurray?

I heart u too LadyM. //Today, I pivoted. A new day 1, that's fine. I woke up delightfully sore from doing 2 kettlebell workouts (200 swings each, roughly) and I did a little with the heavy ropes, and I hot yoga class. I feel inspired to keep working out because it feels good but also because we are getting closer to building our earthbag house in the country I need muscles to do manual labor with. I need my diet extra clean to keep me calm and efficient and productive enough to get all my tasks done just to have time to exercise and build a house. It's a positive spiral cycle where each leads into the next. The other thing is my husband has been asking me to run with him, er, behind him more likely. He said we can go to the fancy running shoe store and get me fitted for the proper type of shoe, and what's more he said that if I commit to running (mostly for the cardiovascular benefit I believe) that he would get fully behind my desire for a boob job (just a lift, not implants, the flAtter chested the better IMO). Which is awesome (though totally not correlated in any way) because in the past he's just always said "yeah sure I guess but you don't need it" so I really want the full support to undergo such a serious event. Especially incase something goes less than ideal. Anyways, I got all excited about that, I mean talk about dangling a big juicy golden carrot out in front of me. I'm natch interested in Primal approach to running. And more and more interested in cutting those carbs, but since I'm doing w30 right now I won't be able to track it. I know the things I need to avoid to keep sugar low so I can at least do that. Starting tmrw. Today, I had my paleo coffee creamer, a turkey broccoli omelet, blueberries, a turkey "sandwich" on lettuce with tomato, onions and avocado mayo, a grip of homemade Wallerbars, leftover roast turkey with mashed sweet pot and broccoli. Also kombucha, homebrew. The Wallerbars did me in, or out I should say my belly is so round. Feels fine but pants are totally out of the question till tmrw.

Ha on your day 0. I had to look up Salty Dog. Sounds yummy. And I am envious of your dancing. I love to dance--just casual, to regular old music. I hardly do it anymore, except at weddings. I don't really have any dancing girl friends around. I wouldn't even know where to go where I wouldn't feel like one of the Housewives. :(

And I am so with your on boob lift. It's my dream. Mine definitely aren't horrible after nursing two kids. But I'd love for them to be lifted. I wouldn't care if I didn't have enough material to fill a B cup. (Though if someone were to offer it to me--and I couldn't instead put the $ towards a college fund or retirement--I wouldn't turn down high class B/C implants, tbh.) I also wouldn't mind getting some fillers under my eyes or all my veins disappeared. But since we can't figure out how to pay for groceries, I don't see any of that on my near horizon.

My husband also says the same, "you don't need that." But then he'll point out some actress around my age who looks great. Um. Yeah. They pay for that. Even though they say they don't? They do. Even the 28 yr olds are full of fillers and Botox.

I will say that when I'm on w30 my under eye crinkles diminish and my skin has a nicer texture. Ah well. The inevitability of aging. Gotta embrace it. Or it's gonna suck me under.

I love your attitude about staring over. YEE haw. We're just gonna keep at this.

Oh, hmm, when I typed my log earlier, I thought my day was coming to a close.  Not so.  The wet iphone saga continues, and I did  have to put pants on and leave the house for some rice to sit the phone in for a bit.  Of course a good little Paleoangel like me wouldn't have white rice in the house so I had to go out for it.  It was a journey that included a stop by a girlfriends house that included a singular puff of my beloved ganga :ph34r: .  I had an epiphany in the car about communicating with my husband, and that alone is worth whatever minor side effects I may incur.  My consequence, and I was fully aware at the time, is that I have dropped myself from Day 1 to Day 0.  I hope this doesn't become a trend.  I am really into completing a full 30 days, the right way, so I'm truckin' on.  Day 1 3.0 tmrw  :rolleyes:

Yeah. It tricks you. It works at first so you think it's ok. But you are frying all the electrical bits and it's starts acting weird, some keys don't work, then brown spots creep onto the screen. Eventually it's useless.

Patience! You have to dry it for a few days. It's sucks but it's the only way to save it. At least the silica gives it the best chance to dry. I have only successfully saved a wet phone (really soaked) in silica. The rice has only worked temporarily.

Archived