Can cold medications mess you up?

So I am in a panic, 2 days from the end! (Day 28) I've lost my mojo! I haven't cheated, prob too many nuts in general, but that's the case all the time. I have come down with a wretched head cold and since Friday I've taken cold meds. Nighttime stuff and some sudafed for sinus pressure. I haven't visited the ladies room....if you know what I mean....since Saturday! I feel like I'm going to explode! My food is fine! I'm following the rules and want to finish strong.

Only other element is I'm coming up on that lovely lady time.....arghh! I will be so depressed if on the 30th this is not seriously different. I feel gigantic, bloated and wouldn't even want to put a tape measure around my waist! Do you think cold meds could cause this much trouble? Or is it that plus PMS causing the perfect storm? So frustrated! And a little sad that it might end badly.

Sorry you're feeling so badly.

Nighttime stuff might have alcohol, sugar or other nasties in it.  Not sure if that would cause your bloating.  

Too many nuts may cause bloating.

Have you had a lots of raw vegetables or introduced new foods?  That or PMS could also cause bloating.

I say do what you need to do to take care of your cold and get yourself healthy again.

The nightime stuff may have alcohol in it. Sudafed has a nasty ingredient in it (they use it to make meth!) but you would have had to buy that from the pharmacy. The new stuff, Sudafed PE, doesn't have that ingredient and I find it works best and doesn't make me feel like I'm on a LSD trip.

I can sympathize, I came down with a bad head cold which I had from day 10-25 on my W30. The only good thing was I didn't really miss eating a lot of stuff that much, no smell or taste!

If you aren't already, take Magnesium Glycinate for the constipation.

Archived