Suggestion re: moderators

I've seen moderators come in as newbies and then progress and graduate to giving back as moderators.  When searching, though, it is possible to find older posts that stem from a time when they may not have spoken for Whole9, that show the moderator badge.

Could a date of moderator status be added to the little moderator badge or to the signature file so that one could see that posts before a certain day in time represented being a member and posts after represent a little more authority?

Tom, technically, it would be quite easy for all moderators to put something like "Whole30 forum Moderator since July 26, 2013" in their signature.

When I became a moderator, I added that line in the About Me section of my User Profile - not sure if that would suffice your request, Nico.

Nico- I'm cool with adding a signature (lol at Tom). I also wonder if you might pm the moderator in question when you run across something confusing? I personally would love to add a note or edit to a past post if I said anything that might cause confusion for anyone searching.

You got it MissMary.  I tend to do a lot of searches for newbies who aren't in the forum, so I see some of the older stuff and I often remind them to give a little greater weight to you guys when I send them links.  I'll send PMs in the future, if I see anything.

Moderators - For your forum webmaster:

If the forum software won't let you add some kind of note and you don't want it in the sig (not a global setting), you might be able to change "Whole9 Moderator Team" to "Whole9 Moderator since X", this would cause it to be displayed over each moderator entry, but you'd need a new "group" for each version of the text, which might cause unwanted side effects. 

eg. 

"Whole9 Moderator since Jan 2009"

"Whole9 Moderator since Dec 2013"

Archived