Against All Grains

AllyB

Has anyone cooked anything from this cook book?  We got it for christmas and I made the Mexican Chowder.  It was REALLY good.  We are also working through Well Fed 2 but I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has a favorite recipe from this book too.

Thanks!

I just got the cookbook on Friday.  I made the PB cookies (totally not Whole30!) and my husband said he really enjoyed them.  I liked that they only made 12 so there weren't a bunch left lying around to tempt me!

We also made the BBQ chicken in the crock pot, minus the honey.  It was good!  I had mine over a pile of spinach but my husband had his on a gluten-free bun.  I do think the recipe would be outstanding with the honey in it. Maybe next time!

I marked a few other recipes to try but man, soooo much of her stuff is not Whole30 compliant that it's kind of a tease to even look at all the photos! (beautiful book, by the way)

Has anyone cooked anything from this cook book?  We got it for christmas and I made the Mexican Chowder.  It was REALLY good.  We are also working through Well Fed 2 but I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has a favorite recipe from this book too.

Thanks!

There is a forum for Well Fed 2. http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/14503-whos-made-what-from-well-fed-2/ Everyone is raving about the fried sardines. I am going to have to try them.

I've made the sesame orange chicken a few times, and it's delicious. I can recall whether the recipe calls for honey. If so, I subbed applesauce. (I definitely made it while on W30.). I've also made some of the treats for my kids. I won't comment on those bc this is a W30 forum ;-)

I've made some other things, too. I'll have to check.

I thought about getting Against All Grains at Costco several months ago. I passed it up in favor of a Low Carb High Fat diet cookbook instead. I didn't like how many dessert and treat recipes there were in Against All Grains. Even not on a whole30, I am trying to avoid sugar and treats. The recipes look really good and the book looked beautiful, but too much temptation to make too many treats.

Thanks for the input.  To be honest, I had only looked at the ''main course' section and for soup recipes.  I was trying to find something for breakfast.  I really LOVE the zuchini ginger soup from Well Fed 2.  So I was hoping to find another hearty soup recipe for breakfast during the winter.

Archived