Anyone planning to jump in on January 1st? Join me!!

politicalmama

On track so far with day one. Sweet potato hash and eggs for breakfast. Giant salad w turkey, avacado and cider vinegar dressing for lunch. Thinking about dinner but am at a loss for what to cook. Needs to appeal to my non whole30 hubby and son too. Skipped the coffee loaded w creamer this am and had tea instead. It was fine but struggling w headache and blah feeling now. Think it's probably par for the course for day one changes. Looking forward to yummy dinner (whatever it may be) and good night rest.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you GF Chris. I ended up having eggs over kale as well after my initial baked apples. A most nutritious breakfast. 

Question on how often to eat - I'm finding that eating a large dinner doesn't work for me right now so am trying to eat three smaller meals in aft for a total of fourish meals during the day.  Is that compliant?

The idea is to create meals that satiate you for 4-5 hours, for optimal hormonal balance. Until you get there, it's ok to add a 4th mini meal if you get genuinely hungry in between your main meals.

This will be my second Whole30 and I'm really excited to be doing it again. I need a break from vino after the holidays!

This time around, my goal was to get other people to do it with me so we could push and support each other. After getting a lot of "you're crazy" and "hell no", I'm happy to say that my brother (who is already paleo) and an awesome friend (who is a serial-snacker) will be joining me.

January is a great month to do a Whole30, try to encourage others to join you!

So, this has been my hardest day 1 ever.  I rarely drink but yesterday had champagne and this evil gin and ginger beer beverages and I am so freaking hung over.  Dying.  But I have been compliant.  Here's hoping for a good night's sleep and a better day 2!

I have started today ! I did a previous W30 in April and saw wonderful results.  I lost weight and inches but most important broke my sugar addictions, overeating and bad food habits.  I felt healthier and stronger.  

This time I'm committed beyond the 30 days and am looking to make Paleo and Whole9 apart of myself.

We can do this !

On track so far with day one. Sweet potato hash and eggs for breakfast. Giant salad w turkey, avacado and cider vinegar dressing for lunch. Thinking about dinner but am at a loss for what to cook. Needs to appeal to my non whole30 hubby and son too. Skipped the coffee loaded w creamer this am and had tea instead. It was fine but struggling w headache and blah feeling now. Think it's probably par for the course for day one changes. Looking forward to yummy dinner (whatever it may be) and good night rest.

Hi Ready4change- It sounds like you're off to a great start! Headaches are normal the first few days as your body adjusts. Is your tea caffeinated?

Day 1 done.  This is my second January Whole30 and I'm really glad to be here.  My family is 90% paleo most of the time, since September 2013, but I've fallen off the wagon for the past few months and need a re-set.

M1 bone broth, fritatta (egg, tomato, bacon), and sauteed kale.

M2 grilled chicken, grilled plantain

M3 roasted chicken, tomato/celery/guacamole

Right now is my most difficult time of night, after M3, as I work graveyards and there are a lot of hours of boredom between M3 and M1.  I have mason jars of vegetable soups in the work freezer, and another container of tomatoes, and my guacamole.  I don't condone snacking, but until I have proven to myself that I am back on the wagon, these are my safety foods to keep me compliant when my coworkers run out to Taco Bell at 2 a.m.

Tracy, i find if im up especially early or late I need a meal 4. It makes sensr, necause meals ate still keeping me full for 4-6 hours. Maybe pack a template meal for if you need it? (maybe some tinned protein to go with the vege soup)?

Hi everyone! I am so in!

I'm brand-new to the Whole30, although I've read through the program multiple times and incorporated most of its principles/guidelines into my life. I ate 90% paleo for a couple years before I got pregnant February 2014. I gained 40 pounds and really let the sugar dragon slay me instead of the other way around (and the first two months postpartum were somehow almost worse).

I'm still exclusively breastfeeding my 8.5 week old daughter, AND working full time, so my main concern is a decreasing mik supply. I'll be eating a lot of sweet potatoes and fats.

I've been eating only compliant foods since Monday but since I forgot to ask for no tempura flakes on my sashimi last night, today, January 1st, is my official start date for this Whole30. I'm very excited to see such a huge support group and so many experienced W30's!

Wow, I didn't realise I'd miss cheese before alcohol!!! Everything I plan to make would taste 10 times better with a cheese accompaniment......I'm currently roasting some beetroot, which when cooled and tossed in vinegar & oil, makes a delish salad with baby spinach, nuts & persian feta....I wanted to fill large mushroom cups with bacon & cheese, not sure what else to fill it with now - suggestions?

Tracy, i find if im up especially early or late I need a meal 4. It makes sensr, necause meals ate still keeping me full for 4-6 hours. Maybe pack a template meal for if you need it? (maybe some tinned protein to go with the vege soup)?

Thanks - I forgot to mention the can of sardines I have for my M4 if needed.

Hi all 

I started my whole 30 on 1st jan - this is my second although the 1st was more like a whole 28/29

Hope to do a whole "44" to take me to valentines - feeling really quite positive even though i have 13 lbs to loose

Understand the cheese issue - i also struggle to give up dairy - but it is butter in my case

Re fillings for mushrooms - i like parma ham with a splash of balsamic

Good luck to all

Hey everyone! I just love being surrounded by so many Whole30ers out there! And good for all of us to start the NY right with doing this FOR US.  

My name is Keely and as of yesterday, I have started the WHOLE100! This is my 3rd round of Whole30 and I decided to extend it to the Whole100 this time! I am running the Boston Marathon in April so I want to keep myself as healthy as possible these next 4 months through training and the cold, winter months. I am so excited!

How's everyones' 2nd day going? I do plan to experience some of the "hangover" stage symptoms this time around. I was really splurging and eating crap through the holidays so going to be detoxing. In my past Whole30's, I have missed wine and ice cream the most. Even though I don't have those things too often, I really missed them. I also miss black beans. That may sound weird but I often use black beans in various meals that really rounded out those meals.

Is there anyone else out there doing a Whole100??? I thought about starting a separate forum if there are any others out there! Let me know. Good luck to all! 

Archived