Week One meal plan

Lindamae414

I can't find the shopping list for the 7-day meal plan. I looked online like the book says, but no luck.

Update: I just got my "The Whole30" book and I see what you're talking about. The shopping list that I linked above is the list the book is referring to.

That's the shopping list of all appropriate foods, no? A shopping list for a meal plan traditionally gives the items and quantities for every recipe in the plan. I'd rather not spend the time compiling if it's out there somewhere and I just can't find it!

• Moderators

That's the shopping list of all appropriate foods, no? A shopping list for a meal plan traditionally gives the items and quantities for every recipe in the plan. I'd rather not spend the time compiling if it's out there somewhere and I just can't find it!

I asked about it. This is the shopping list they meant, the general one. (I read that section of the book and do see how it sounds like it should be a list just for that particular meal plan, so I get where you're coming from.)

Hi All.

I am brand new and trying to put my grocery list together.  I've searched for hours, still confused on 2 items....Carrots (juice my own) and grapefruits.

After 1 month on Paleo I have lost 18 pounds but want to get away from all the cheese and dairy.  Hoping this will work better for me.  Giving up fruit wasn't an issue for me, but would be thrilled if I could have grapefruit here! Also, I do the coffee w/ coconut oil and butter every morning, looks like that will be okay too! :)

Hopefully I will love this concept after my 30 days....
Thanks for any help on the questionable items!

• Administrators

Hi All.

I am brand new and trying to put my grocery list together.  I've searched for hours, still confused on 2 items....Carrots (juice my own) and grapefruits.

After 1 month on Paleo I have lost 18 pounds but want to get away from all the cheese and dairy.  Hoping this will work better for me.  Giving up fruit wasn't an issue for me, but would be thrilled if I could have grapefruit here! Also, I do the coffee w/ coconut oil and butter every morning, looks like that will be okay too! :)

Hopefully I will love this concept after my 30 days....

Thanks for any help on the questionable items!

Sorry, why do you think you can't eat grapefruit?

Fruit as a recommendation is 1-2 pieces every day with meals.  Fruit is completely optional though, many folks choose not to have any.  If you do have it, make sure it is eaten with or in a main meal, not on its own.

As far as juicing carrots, we'd rather you just ate the carrot.  Juicing strips the fibres leaving a pretty dramatic sugar load. Plus, the human body doesn't recognize liquids like it does food that is chewed. No juicing, please.

Finally, your coffee with coconut oil and butter.  Do you mean coconut butter? Or clarified butter? Because just plain butter is not permitted on Whole30.  

Thank you on grapefruit...I think I will pass until I lose all my weight and gently add it later.  Simple is easier for me, don't want to have to think about it.

Coffee...I use the bulletproof coffee (upgraded coffee beans trader joes, 1Tgrass fed butter, 2T coconut oil) blended until frothed.  Please tell me this is allowed since it's important to my daily start :)

Putting Juicer away!

• Administrators

Thank you on grapefruit...I think I will pass until I lose all my weight and gently add it later.  Simple is easier for me, don't want to have to think about it.

Coffee...I use the bulletproof coffee (upgraded coffee beans trader joes, 1Tgrass fed butter, 2T coconut oil) blended until frothed.  Please tell me this is allowed since it's important to my daily start :)

Putting Juicer away!

Nope, no butter, grassfed or not.  You can do the same without the butter, no problem.  Or add a bit of coconut milk.  

Putting Juicer away!

Like ladyshanny said, no butter is allowed, BUT you can easily make ghee from the butter! Ghee is okay on the Whole30. 

http://wellnessmama.com/24267/make-ghee/

• Whole30 Certified Coach

If you make your own ghee and let it caramelize just a smitch it makes BP coffee even better, IMHO.

Search for posts on here about making your own - there have been quite a few threads on the topic.

• Moderators

Part of doing a Whole30 is changing your relationship with food, and it's likely the week 1 meal plan is as much love as they are going to give you. They want you to do a lot of the work that cooking entails, like making your own shopping lists from menus/recipes.

As Tom Denham once said, "Cooking is a critical life skill that our culture supports ignoring." All of our lives are busy, but if we don't prioritize cooking, sit-down meals and planning ahead, we run the risk that when our Whole30 is over, we go right back to dialing the pizza delivery number. Because for many of us, convenience trumps health. But if that was good enough for you, you probably wouldn't be here.

You can do this!

UltraRunnerGirl -  well said.

A Whole 30 is about stepping up to the plate and taking complete responsibility for your eating habits.  If you've engaged your body and mind completely for 30 days...an individual can turn their down food cycles into positives on Day 31 and beyond.

Archived