Whole100, Far more serious..

WholeMama623

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Hubby made ghee today! Only downside is that it can take 12 hours to ... be done (lack of a better phrase)

Darn! I am craving it bad!

12 hours! I've only made it once, but I know it didn't take that long. Maybe if you count time in the fridge to cool? But there's no particular reason you couldn't use it from its liquid state if you're just going to melt it anyway.

Shanny, you are exactly right!

I used it in liquid form last night for sautéing scallops, and for on top of my zucchini noodles. It was semi bland, but I was happy enough with it!

Now that I see how easy it is to make ghee, I might just make it all the time! Between this and the Mayo, we are getting crafty! LOL

Day 13.

Almost two weeks in. I am feeling less bloated for sure. I know I am wearing clothes that are less tight than they normally are. I buried my scale in the bedroom, and haven't even thought about looking at it. I never lose what I think I am going to lose and then I get bummed out.

I've still not begun to get back into running. I was a long distance runner before I got pregnant, and infact I ran my first full marathon 3 days after I found out I was pregnant. Shortly after, my morning sickness came and that was it. I have only run twice since my daughter was born and both were last month. She's one next month. :( Finding the time is hard. I need to make time.

After 9 days, my hubby quit his whole30. He ate two non compliant things on different days, and decided that he's just done with it. I feel like It's my fault because I told him yesterday that it wasn't compliant. He was bummed all night and then told me today he's done. I am bummed too. I liked having him doing it too, but I will go on alone. It's not the end of the world.

Oh yeah!

Last night after my husband and daughter went to bed, I got this crazy burst of energy!

I cleaned our kitchen for 1.5 hours straight without stopping. I scrubbed the counters, hand washed all the dishes (we have a dishwasher), I even scrubbed the floor by hand with a magic eraser! I have NO idea where this energy came from. I normally just crash on the couch when they go to bed. I'm hoping that tiger blood is starting to catch up!

Oh yeah!

Last night after my husband and daughter went to bed, I got this crazy burst of energy!

I cleaned our kitchen for 1.5 hours straight without stopping. I scrubbed the counters, hand washed all the dishes (we have a dishwasher), I even scrubbed the floor by hand with a magic eraser! I have NO idea where this energy came from. I normally just crash on the couch when they go to bed. I'm hoping that tiger blood is starting to catch up!

I love that! Random bursts of energy are the best!

Thanks for posting. It truly helps me stay the course. I'm on Day 11, and it is getting easier everyday. Today is the first day where I haven't been so tired that I needed to come home and nap, so I hope that helps me sleep better. When does the "magic" set in?!  Or the sleeping great?!

Thanks for posting. It truly helps me stay the course. I'm on Day 11, and it is getting easier everyday. Today is the first day where I haven't been so tired that I needed to come home and nap, so I hope that helps me sleep better. When does the "magic" set in?!  Or the sleeping great?!

It will happen! For everyone it's different. I am on day 14 today and just starting to sleep a little better. My sleep is kind of a wildcard because I have an almost 11 month old daughter who sleeps in bed with us. So my measure of "good sleep" is probably different than people who aren't co sleeping with a baby! LOL.

Day 14!

Tomorrow I'll be half way through ONE whole30! It's hard to believe. I've been just kind of floating along. I am feeling so much more at peace with this than I did last time. I guess knowing it doesn't end at 30 days does really help me mentally! I'm not "planning" things to reintroduce for a long time, and it surprisingly keeps the cravings at bay.  I have had some watermelon here and there but that's it as far as sugar goes. This is really good. I usually eat a ton of bananas, but I think they actually bother me, so I opted to skip them for now.

My daughters birthday is next month, and I have to start thinking about her birthday party. I don't even want to think about all the food that will be there. I'll just have to keep myself occupied! The good part is I can bring some of my own food and even have a burger from the grill. So it shouldn't be too bad!

I am very exhausted today. I feel like I slept okay, but I am not feeling like it this morning. Hopefully some black coffee will help.

My daughters birthday is next month, and I have to start thinking about her birthday party. I don't even want to think about all the food that will be there. I'll just have to keep myself occupied! The good part is I can bring some of my own food and even have a burger from the grill. So it shouldn't be too bad!

Birthday parties can definitely be tough. But being prepared by bringing your own food or knowing what they are serving ahead of time will definitely help. And a burger from the grill is a fantastic idea! You can load up veggies on that and feel completely satiated.

I am actually looking forward to Memorial Day cookouts. I love when people look at me weird for not drinking or not eating crap food. Getting through parties like that will make you realize you can do anythinggg

I make paleo baked goods for parties (when I'm not on Whole30) and they work well for me.  The honey or maple syrup in the cookies or cupcakes doesn't seem to trigger any other cravings and I can get back on track the next day pretty easily.  I tested out these cupcakes the other day (link below) because I need some end of the school year baked goods for a party and they were good.  My kids approved them so today I'm baking up some more for the party tomorrow.  Between paleo baked goods, a roasted sweet potato, an apple, and La Croix, I feel pretty content at a party!

http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/always-order-dessert-1162787?post=2408682919&group=0&frame_type=a&context=post_page&context_ids=&blog=1162787&frame=1&click=0&user=0&viewer=true

Kimberly and Emma, you guys rock! I know that i'll do okay at the party/ cookout. I know I'm going to a memorial day one in a week in a half, so I better get prepared! My mom eats pretty healthy too, and always tries to bring nice healthy alternatives!

Yay to being at peace! I bet having less fruit this time is also helping you to not have cravings.

And I enjoy your pointless ramblings.  :lol:

wholeCJ, I started feeling more energy on Day 16, and haven't been back to that awful fatigue slump. Part of that is probably just me being behind the timeline, and part was beefing up the size of my three main meals, especially with more protein and starchy carbs. They really want you to  eat like a truck driver!

Day15!!!

I slept awesome last night. I laid down, and was still in the same position when I woke up. I didn't toss and turn like I normally do. YAY! I did wake up for a minute or so when my daughter cried last night, but was able to fall right back asleep and sleep until morning. My sleep has been so awful, so I'm very happy about this!!!

Hubby made coconut shrimp last night. Just ghee, egg, coconut and shrimp pan fried. We ate on a bed of arugula, carrots, tomatoes, and black olives with olive oil. It wasn't enough, so I ate some hardboiled eggs later. I will admit my meals are getting smaller. I've been getting REALLY full after I eat, and it's really uncomfortable for me. The good news is that I haven't been snacking to make up for it though, so I guess I'm okay.

We went to the store last night and stock up on more food. I really need to find some simple recipes because lordy am I bored with food! I just don't even feel like eating at all. That's how I feel when I'm just eating for fuel, as terrible as that is. I don't really enjoy the taste of most of this food, so I just eat a bit and I stop. It's not that I don't think that it's good, I just get bored quickly and can't divulge into a bag of chips, or gluten free cookies. I am missing my occasional soda, or sweet iced tea, but I'm getting by on black coffee and water.. sometimes tea.

The days really seem like they are flying by so far. I know it's only been 15 days, but it's gone fast. Hubby was saying last night how SLOW his 9 days went. LOL.

I don't get online on the weekends, as I like to spend all the time I can with my family, so if you don't see me on, I will be back on Monday!!! Have a great (Compliant) weekend!!!

I've been enjoying the food for the most part, although it does feel really heavy compared to how I ate before. I'm in the same boat with wanting some new recipes so that I don't get bored and fall off the wagon in the final stretch.

I love that sign-off. "Have a great (compliant) weekend." I sometimes think the Whole30 feels like a cult, with everyone using a secret language. 

Compliantly yours,

ChezJulie

Good morning my rambling followers!

Day 18.

Feeling a little tired this morning, but slept really well again last night. Even my daughter slept until the alarm went off (which never happens!!!!)

Struggling with food these days. Not getting creative, or waiting until all my food is done to eat. I'm already getting bored, and with like 82 days left, I don't have time to be getting bored already! Hubby isn't on it anymore and eating ice cream and crap. It doesn't help me mentally, but I'm going to keep on trucking along.

We went to the Maryland Zoo on Saturday! It was such a gorgeous day for it, and my daughter seemed to love it! However, NO compliant food. Not one single thing. So glad I had my bag of almonds, and some black olives, or I may have starved!! LOL. We walked from 11:30am-5pm and all I had was a few handfuls of almonds and tiny pack of olives. I didn't eat until I got home. I wasn't risking it.

I was also around a bunch of junk food on Sunday. It was hard, but I resisted and ate a strawberry. Yep. just one. haha. 

Trying to stay away from the fruit, but watermelon has been a HUGE hit in our house lately. Admittedly, it's the only fruit I've been eating. it's just so refreshing!!! YUM!

Your zoo trip looked like so much fun! Great job staying compliant while surrounded by so many temptations  :)

I am right there with you. I am also getting bored with recipes. I have been thinking of the foods my aunt made for me growing up and then twisting them to make them whole30 compliant. My favorite is chicken cacciatore in the crock pot with lots of peppers and onions and spices. Its delicious over spaghetti squash or cauliflower mash. 

Threw half of my lunch in the trash today. This is why I can't just "throw" together a lunch in the morning in a rush. Nothing tasted good, and everything clashed. YUCK. Tuna makes me feel kinda nauseous when I eat it, so in the trash it went.

Hopefully tomorrow goes better :(

Kimberly,

No, I didn't have anything else yesterday! I don't bring "snacks" with me to work to avoid myself eating when I'm not supposed to. I was actually fine and made it until I got home!

Day 19!

well, today I feel far less bloated. I actually feel slimmer. I have been curious to see if I've lost any weight at all, but luckily I stashed the scale away and have not looked at it. Face is still broken out, which makes NO sense to me. I've been eating perfectly. Why all the breakouts? I've been sleeping pretty good. I seem to fall asleep pretty quickly and I'm not tossing and turning at all. It's amazing to me that the food you eat can affect sleep.

As silly as it is, the only thing I seem to be missing/craving is coffee with some cream and sugar. I don't even mean a lot. just lightly sweetened. I think this may be one of the only things I reintro for awhile when I do reintro. My vacation is still weighing on my mind, as I just don't know what to do. I am also going to Wildwood, NJ in july for a weekend, and will have to manage to stay on my whole100 even though i'll be SO close to the end. It'll be a test of wills for sure!

I have an Endocrinologist appointment in a few weeks to check up on my thyroid. Wondering if clean eating will make it function any better? I'd love to get my antibodies tested again in a few months to see if they've come down from almost 1,000.  I understand you have Hashi's forever, but the lower the antibodies, the better.

3 day weekend this weekend and my first MAJOR test! A cook out for Memorial day! I plan on making some deviled eggs with complaint mayo and bringing some complaint uncured dogs for myself. I know I can do it. Just have to stay FAR AWAY from chips and chocolate!!

Archived