Whole100, Far more serious..

WholeMama623

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 55.

I did not get to log on yesterday as it was all about my daughter's birthday! We went to the aquarium! We had a good time, but food situation was dismal! I forgot to bring my larabar, I accidently left it in the car. Luckily in the café they had little cups of fruit which happened to save me. They also had the Starbucks bottled frappuchino's and iced coffees. I nearly grabbed one. I won't lie. I really really wanted it, and felt REALLY tempted to just say "ah.. what the hell!" but I didn't. I got a cup of hot tea instead. Was it as satisfying? No. But at least I stayed on track!

Got lunch/dinner at Family Meal in Baltimore. Got a double burger with no bread, no cheese, and no special sauce (luckily the waitress was sweet!) and a side salad. My food came with chips instead of a side salad. They looked good, but I told the waitress that wasn't what I asked for. She brought the side salad and WHEW. It was different. Lots of arugula and lots of pepper. it also had some sort of dressing on it. It tasted very much like vinegar, which I hate, so I didn't eat much of it. Guess I should have asked what was on the salad before I got it? Oh well. I did the best I could.

Back to work today. I've got a bad stomachache/cramping. This has been going on for days though, and I don't think it's related to food. I brought it up to the Gyno but they didn't seem that concerned even though it's making me really uncomfortable. I'll see if it persists. All they want to do is put you on Birth control, or give you pain meds. Neither of which finds the cause of the issue, so I just said no thanks.

Well, June is about over! That means that I have all of July and then 8 days in August. Can't believe I'm still going! Other than coffee, I don't really miss much. Very much looking forward to vacation which is in about 83ish days!!

I read your log too. Very nice posting :)

Just reading other people's ups and downs helps so much!

I am day 25 of my first whole 30. I laugh at the similarities. Funny how people can think they are in a bubble, being the only one experiencing food boredom, breakouts, good sleep, restless sleep, loving food, not wanting to eat at all.....  :lol:

I too will be doing a whole100. 

Happy Day to you!!!

Thanks for following along!

Oh!!I forgot!

Monday night I ran 3 miles without stopping! I've only run 3x since I got pregnant, and each run was MAYBE a mile. Well, that's because I was running through our neighborhood and it's so bright and hot, that I just don't want to keep going! I went back to my running stompin' grounds Monday night and ran 3 miles! (in 40 minutes.. so slow).

It felt so good to be back it. At about half a mile, I thought "I'm going to run two miles!" Then I hit a mile out, and was going to go to a certain sign I run to which is about 1.36 miles out. Well I got there and it was in a super sunny opening, so I kept going so I didn't have to turn around in the sun (it was over 90 degrees) so I went to the 1.5 mile mark. When I turned around I thought "what did I get myself into? this wasn't very smart!" but I kept going! It was SO HOT. I didn't eat before I went because I  forgot my snack, and I surely didn't have enough water. BUT I MADE IT~! I was so stinkin' happy! As a distance runner, it's hard to run just a mile here and there. 3 miles was much better!

Oh!!I forgot!

Monday night I ran 3 miles without stopping! I've only run 3x since I got pregnant, and each run was MAYBE a mile. Well, that's because I was running through our neighborhood and it's so bright and hot, that I just don't want to keep going! I went back to my running stompin' grounds Monday night and ran 3 miles! (in 40 minutes.. so slow).

It felt so good to be back it. At about half a mile, I thought "I'm going to run two miles!" Then I hit a mile out, and was going to go to a certain sign I run to which is about 1.36 miles out. Well I got there and it was in a super sunny opening, so I kept going so I didn't have to turn around in the sun (it was over 90 degrees) so I went to the 1.5 mile mark. When I turned around I thought "what did I get myself into? this wasn't very smart!" but I kept going! It was SO HOT. I didn't eat before I went because I  forgot my snack, and I surely didn't have enough water. BUT I MADE IT~! I was so stinkin' happy! As a distance runner, it's hard to run just a mile here and there. 3 miles was much better!

This is the best post EVER!!!

• Moderators

Yes, I'm Britt!! :)

and the editor I was trying to use IS when I hit More Reply Options! I don't understand the URL thing when posting from your hard drive? Ack!

Just FYI -- I think there's something going on with the forum, I'm about to ask the other moderators -- I've tried to post pictures over the last couple of days and gotten an error message -- something about that extension is not allowed or something. I thought maybe it was just my computer, but I've now tried two different computers, using two different browsers, trying both to attach a pic from my computer and insert one from a webpage, and got the same error both times. So you probably did everything right, something else must be going on.

Day 56.

I've decided to drop the coffee drinking for a couple days. My cravings for sugary sweet coffee are not going away, and I've been drinking coffee every single day. My sleeping has gone back to crap, and I've also stopped eating fruit again. It's either caffeine, or sugar, or maybe both. I'm almost 60 days in, so I'm learning what is causing what, and that's great! I know one thing, FRUIT MAKES MY FACE BREAK OUT!!!

I'm not too worried about the food situation this weekend at my Daughter's birthday party. It will be a lot of things I cannot eat, but I'll figure something out. We are doing little sandwiches, chips, watermelon, popcorn, candy, and cupcakes. So...NOTHING! LOL. I will make a burger or two on the grill before everyone gets there. Oh! We are having a fruit and veggie tray! The theme is "Lemonade Stand" so I won't even be able to have any lemonade or sweet tea, sigh. I'll make it. Maybe I can make a batch of unsweetened tea for myself.

Next weekend is July 4th weekend! That means more cookouts! I can always have burgers on the grill, and veggies, and even a potato, so I'm not concerned about that at all! Every year my mom and I go to the "Mile long yard sale" in our town. it's THE place to be on July 4th. It's WAYYYY longer than a mile too. It's the same neighborhood every year and EVERY single house has a yardsale. It takes hours to get through. It's tradition for my mom and I. I even went last year 11 days after my C-Section. LOL! I made sure to be very slow and take my time, but it felt great to get out! The only thing I will miss is fresh lemonade my mom and I always get. It's usually super hot and it's so refreshing to drink it while walking around. Oh well! again, I'll survive!

I've been VERY BORING with food. Same ol' crap day in and day out, but it's working. I LIKE what I'm eating, so it's all good. I really DO want to make chocolate chili, and cauliflower mash with ghee. That sounds awesome ! I also have more carrots and parsnips to roast. YUM!

One more thing!

I think I'm going to ask my Endo to test my TpoAB (thyroid antibodies) again after doing my whole100 (or close to the end). I really want to see if this way of eating is good enough to lower my antibodies. When I found out I had Hashi's they were nearly 1,000. They are supposed to be zero. So, it was pretty high, and that means I had a lot of inflammation in my body.  I think if the number went down a good bit, it'd make it a lot easier to know that I'm actually HELPING myself and easier to stay on plan when the whole100 is over.

Day 56.

Not much to say today. My daughter was up all night last night and I'm utterly exhausted. She does this thing once a month or so where she will just wake up at night and start SCREAMING/crying. She's thrashing around all over the place and pretty much won't even let you hold her. She just acts like a wild woman! I don't know what's wrong. Usually we will give a dose of motrin and in like 10 minutes she'll calm down and go back to sleep, but last night was well over an hour. Poor thing was crying so much she was gagging. She seemed kind of gassy (and this is usually each time) and I'm wondering if something she's eating is causing it!? I have Celiac, so naturally, I wonder if she's got it too. It's so spaced out that I can never remember what she's eaten the last time to compare.

She woke up today SUPER snotty. I'm hoping it's just a tooth or so coming in? Her birthday party is tomorrow, so we just don't have time for her to be sick right now!!! She was in good spirits this morning when she woke up (aside from being super snotty).

So, wish us luck for tomorrow!

Day 60.

Two whole30's completed!!! One more to go, plus 10 days!

This weekend was tough. I was completely unprepared for my daughter's birthday party and had to stop at a gas station on the way to set up decorations. I got 4 hardboiled eggs, and 2 plain hot dogs off the roasting things. I'm almost sure they weren't whole30 approved, but I literally had NO other options. They were the only two things I could eat in the entire place. I'm really trying to avoid fruit, so I steered clear. I know the brand is gluten free, so I made the best choice I could. Normally I would have grabbed a bag of Cheetos or worse, so this was a success.

I've been feeling more bloated here again lately. I took my 60 day picture today and my face seemed puffy, so I didn't even post my day 1 side by side. It didn't even look that much different. Once again, I think I'm eating too much fat (ghee, mayo) and I'm not drinking enough water! Also, my body is not handling the week before my periods well at all anymore, so I'm thinking that has a lot to do with it. As much as I'd like to weigh in Wednesday, it's not possible because... NO SCALE! LOL... but if I add up the losses from both Dr. appointments, I lost at least 4 lbs. this month. That's something considering I lost NOTHING the first 30 days, and that means I've lost 13 lbs this year. YAY!

Day 60. Whoo hoo!  And for the weekend, it sounds like you made the best choice that you could with limited options. I hope your daughter was feeling well enough to enjoy her party.

It's a drag to feel bloated when you're eating clean and paleo, but if you're in the run-up to your period I bet that's got a lot to do with it. How are your clothes fitting? It seems to me like that's the real measurement to keep an eye on rather than the scale. (Although even with the scale you're seeing movement in a positive direction).

Day 60. Whoo hoo!  And for the weekend, it sounds like you made the best choice that you could with limited options. I hope your daughter was feeling well enough to enjoy her party.

It's a drag to feel bloated when you're eating clean and paleo, but if you're in the run-up to your period I bet that's got a lot to do with it. How are your clothes fitting? It seems to me like that's the real measurement to keep an eye on rather than the scale. (Although even with the scale you're seeing movement in a positive direction).

Clothes are still baggy, but haven't tried the next size down in work pants yet.

Day 61.

I'm feeling quite tired and exhausted today for no reason. Ever since I jumped up to 50mcg of my thyroid medicine, I've felt awful!!! I wrote my endo yesterday to see if she can do another blood test on me (free t3) which is the REAL measure of thyroid levels, and not TSH. I think I'm a poor converter ( I don't think my body converts t4 to t3 well, so even though I'm on medication, I'm basically just overloading my body on t4 which I believe is making me feel worse).

I hope she agrees. I was feeling somewhat bettter and now I feel terrible. I slept really good last night but can't even keep my eyes open this morning. I'm trying to avoid coffee so, I had a cup of hot black tea instead. Which reminds me.. can we have Matcha? I believe it's just green tea? I need something other than coffee that will give me an energy boost!

That's all I've got today.. Hoping the Endo will have some answers for me.

• Moderators

Day 61.

I'm feeling quite tired and exhausted today for no reason. Ever since I jumped up to 50mcg of my thyroid medicine, I've felt awful!!! I wrote my endo yesterday to see if she can do another blood test on me (free t3) which is the REAL measure of thyroid levels, and not TSH. I think I'm a poor converter ( I don't think my body converts t4 to t3 well, so even though I'm on medication, I'm basically just overloading my body on t4 which I believe is making me feel worse).

I hope she agrees. I was feeling somewhat bettter and now I feel terrible. I slept really good last night but can't even keep my eyes open this morning. I'm trying to avoid coffee so, I had a cup of hot black tea instead. Which reminds me.. can we have Matcha? I believe it's just green tea? I need something other than coffee that will give me an energy boost!

That's all I've got today.. Hoping the Endo will have some answers for me.

Yes, matcha is fine.

For your 60 day pics, Just a thought -- did you take them within a day or so of the convenience store hot dog? Maybe it was a bunch of sodium making you retain water or some other off plan ingredient you reacted to. I know one of the first places my offroading shows up is as a puffy face.

Yes, matcha is fine.

For your 60 day pics, Just a thought -- did you take them within a day or so of the convenience store hot dog? Maybe it was a bunch of sodium making you retain water or some other off plan ingredient you reacted to. I know one of the first places my offroading shows up is as a puffy face.

yes! I did! That's probably what is was! Too much salt and not enough water because I was trying to entertain everyone.

I took another one last night and it was much better! someday i'll figure out how to post on here!

Archived