Whole100, Far more serious..

WholeMama623

Day 62.

Read a lot in the Reintroduction section of the forum yesterday. I will  have about 40 days from the time my whole100 ends until vacation time. This is plenty of time to do a slow reintro. There are a lot of things I probably won't be adding back. Obviously, gluten grains as I have celiac, soy, and I still don't think I'm going any grains at all like rice, ect. However, I supposed at some point I should try them incase I decide to indulge in gluten free snacks at Disney. I don't really care to reintro beans. or corn? I never eat them anyway. Only time was if I went to chipotle and got something but I haven't been there in months. I will try dairy, because I know I'm going to have coffee on vacation. This is just one thing, I'm not willing to give up. I usually only drank one cup a day, IF THAT, and that was me just making a cup at work. I almost never went out to DD or Starbucks and got crazy mixed beverages. So I don't think that's going to be a huge issue.

I think I'm going to pack a cooler of "decent" snacky foods on the way down. Hardboiled eggs, a more relaxed version of lunch meat, ... what else? I haven't touched tuna in about a month. Last time I had it, it made me gag and I haven't went back to it.. same for sardines.

I'll be going to the beach days 85-87. That is going to be harddddddddd. There will be French fries and ice cream, and popcorn.... I think as long as I can find some compliant snacks, i'll be okay. Maybe we will hit up a Whole Foods on the way there. I'm sure in 4 hours, we'll be able to find one.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is an outline of my Reintroduction. My plan is not quite how they want you to do it here. Sue me. LOL. I want to do mine on how often I plan on using these items.

8/8/2015 - Day 100.

I am skipping Legumes for now. It's very rare that I ever eat them. I do not miss peanut butter, black beans, or miso so I see no reason to intro any of these items. I also am not really concerned with non-gluten grains either. I think I may do corn (like tortilla chips) before vacation, but I do not want to do it this soon, as I'm afraid it'll open doors, I do not wish to open at this point.

SO.. 8/9/2015-  I think I'm going to start with cream in my coffee. I'm going to skip sugar, because I KNOW I'm capable of drinking black coffee, so I don't need sugar. I will buy something with minimal ingredients, and start there. I personally think it's a bit overkill to do diary 3 meals a day, so I might just do the cream for now. I do not need to eat yogurt, and ice cream certainly just is not a good idea for me, so I may just do the cream in my coffee. We do not buy cheese other than Parmesan so maybe I could put that on some spaghetti squash or something. That's an idea.

8/10 & 8/11 back to whole30 style eating

Here's where I get stuck. I don' t want to buy things like gluten free bread or cookies for my house to "reintro" them only because then they are in my house and I don't have faith that I won't binge on them!

My birthday is late August, and I wouldn't mind getting a burger with a gluten free bun, so I would be likely to do that, but out at a restaurant, and not at home, because that's one bun, VS the entire pack at my house. So I'm doing it kind of not the way they make you do it, but that's what makes the most sense to me.

I plan on staying Whole30 compliant through the week, and relaxing a bit on the weekends. this is my ultimate goal. So I don't really foresee me introing too much

Day 63.

I feel like crap. I know it's not my eating, because nothing has changed. I am EXHAUSTED. Everything hurts. My stomach has been KILLING ME. Sharp pains, ect. I'm convinced it's the thyroid medicine. Even the manufacturer says they can't say it doesn't have gluten in it, which means I'm probably slowly poisoning myself, and/or reacting badly to some of the fillers in the meds. I did go up to a different dose, so I'm wondering if something was different in this medicine. It's really the ONLY thing that has changed, and it's not getting better. I'm getting my blood work tomorrow and hopefully early next week i'll be on a new medication. I'm doing the hypoallergenic one that only has 4 ingredients. no fillers, binders, ect.

Other than that, I got an unsweetened iced tea at Dunkin Donuts last weekend. I am not one that really believed I could be affected just by being in place full of gluten, but I was feeding my daughter a donut and I guess it could have transferred. UGH. Celiac really is unpleasant.

I've also stopped drinking coffee. I suppose some of the headaches could be from withdrawal, but I'm still drinking a good bit of tea, so who knows. I'm just not liking feeling like this again!

I probably won't be back until Monday! I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Oh, no! You poor thing. Are you pretty sure that it's celiac-related or could you be sick? Do you see your endocrinologist tomorrow when you get your bloodwork done? It sounds like you should be letting a doctor know about your symptoms. Hurting all over and having sharp stomach pains isn't normal. 

Day 63.

I feel like crap. I know it's not my eating, because nothing has changed. I am EXHAUSTED. Everything hurts. My stomach has been KILLING ME. Sharp pains, ect. I'm convinced it's the thyroid medicine. Even the manufacturer says they can't say it doesn't have gluten in it, which means I'm probably slowly poisoning myself, and/or reacting badly to some of the fillers in the meds. I did go up to a different dose, so I'm wondering if something was different in this medicine. It's really the ONLY thing that has changed, and it's not getting better. I'm getting my blood work tomorrow and hopefully early next week i'll be on a new medication. I'm doing the hypoallergenic one that only has 4 ingredients. no fillers, binders, ect.

Other than that, I got an unsweetened iced tea at Dunkin Donuts last weekend. I am not one that really believed I could be affected just by being in place full of gluten, but I was feeding my daughter a donut and I guess it could have transferred. UGH. Celiac really is unpleasant.

I've also stopped drinking coffee. I suppose some of the headaches could be from withdrawal, but I'm still drinking a good bit of tea, so who knows. I'm just not liking feeling like this again!

I probably won't be back until Monday! I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad!  Take it easy!!!  

• Moderators

I hope by the time you read this, you're feeling better. 

I really just wanted to point you toward this article on what's referred to as a Slow Roll Reintroduction -- it actually sounds pretty much like what you're planning on doing. So you may not be doing the traditional reintro, but what you're doing is definitely okay. Just like regular reintroductions, try to limit the number of different things you have at once, so you can have a better idea of which things cause issues for you, if anything does, and reintroductions will be most effective if you always go back to Whole30 eating for a bit between the different reintros, in case of effects that don't show up immediately, and to let yourself get back to feeling good each time as a kind of baseline.

Oh, no! You poor thing. Are you pretty sure that it's celiac-related or could you be sick? Do you see your endocrinologist tomorrow when you get your bloodwork done? It sounds like you should be letting a doctor know about your symptoms. Hurting all over and having sharp stomach pains isn't normal. 

I'm almost 100% sure it's celiac. This is how I feel when I've been glutened.

and no, my endo is 30 minutes away. She just faxes me my blood work slips! I did tell her though what's going on through email.

Day 67.

Good morning everyone! I am feeling better than I was last week, so that's a good thing! Hopefully I'll hear from my Endo soon. I don't know how long it takes her to get my blood work results.

My weekend was just okay as it rained and cancelled most of my plans. My mom and I didn't go to the yard sale because she didn't want to walk around in the rain. My grandfather's cook out was postponed until yesterday, which really wasn't that big of a deal.

Friday my husband and I drove to a semi local organic Co-Op. I love this place but it's too far to drive to on a regular basis.. also, it's too expensive! No way we could afford to shop there all the time! But I found some of the Applegate Uncured STADIUM hot dogs and they were AMAZING! I paired them with some awesome Garlic Dill Pickle Kraut that I found and it was SO SO DELICIOUS! I cannot wait to buy more! I also found some Epic bars and Jerky bites. I was in heaven! I got the Pulled Pork and Pineapple Epic bar. It was over $2 but it was worth it not to have to snack on fruit. I will order more of these for our trip down to Florida in September!

So on Thursday, i'll have only 30 days left. It's weird. I can feel this coming to an end, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I know I can't eat this way forever, and I'm supposed to learn what I can and can't eat, but I'm still nervous that I'm going "blow" all the work I've done when I get to Disney. I do better on a program and not just living day to day deciding what I feel like eating. If it weren't for the Whole100, I would have already ate some bad things already, but I had 'rules' to hold me to what I was doing!

I know this way of eating is the best for me. I really do.  I've got a lot of thinking to do!

Day 68.

Good Morning! Not much to update other than today I'm FINALLY in my PRE BABY work pants! I tucked these away after she was born and figured I'd never wear them again. I had to go up to a pants size I've never been after she was born and I went back to work.  It was hard on me emotionally because well, I'd never been that size! Ever!!

So this weekend the Husband and I were going through clothes and getting rid of stuff and I pulled them down. There were 4-5 pair and every single pair fit. I couldn't believe it. This actually means WAY more to me than what the scale says because I could NOT get these pants anywhere NEAR on! LOL. This means obvious changes have happened in my body and that's amazing.

Day 68.

Good Morning! Not much to update other than today I'm FINALLY in my PRE BABY work pants! I tucked these away after she was born and figured I'd never wear them again. I had to go up to a pants size I've never been after she was born and I went back to work.  It was hard on me emotionally because well, I'd never been that size! Ever!!

So this weekend the Husband and I were going through clothes and getting rid of stuff and I pulled them down. There were 4-5 pair and every single pair fit. I couldn't believe it. This actually means WAY more to me than what the scale says because I could NOT get these pants anywhere NEAR on! LOL. This means obvious changes have happened in my body and that's amazing.

CONGRATULATIONS! What a great feeling!

Day 69.

Feeling really bloated and blah today. My DD slept terrible last night and I was really hot, so I didn't sleep well. I've stopped drinking coffee, and started drinking this "clean energy" tea instead. I can't really feel/sense the caffeine in the tea, but I guess there is some.

Tomorrow is Day 70. Wow. 30 more days. I will say I've been looking at paleo desserts on pinterest and many look appealing. I know I can go without sweets, because I have been! Why am I thinking about them now? I dunno. I am kind of bored with the food choices I've been eating, but I don't really have any desire to go back to SAD type eating either.

I ran 3 miles again last night. It was super hot and the humidity was out of control. I will still glad to get It in though!

Congrats on the pants fitting! That's a great feeling.  :)

I went through a period towards the end of my Whole30 where I was looking obsessively at desserts on the Internet (because my birthday was coming up). I was able to have one slice of birthday cake and move on. I think it's just a Whole30 thing that happens.

I finally fit into prebaby clothes as well - almost 14 yrs later !!  HAAA  yes  I did keep some of my favs !  like the classic pinstripe -  now I'm sad that they are too big. !!

What an awesome feeling !!   so glad you kept them so you can experience it all ! 

Day 70!!!!

Thirty more days. It's amazing how uneasy I feel, but at the same time I feel relieved! I just hope that I can restrain myself and keep eating paleo. I do not want to get tempted by gluten free goodies, or bread. Once I eat those things, everything goes downhill, quickly.

In these next 30 days, I really need to step my whole30 meals game up! I've been doing pretty much the same stuff over and over again, and I'm feeling too lazy to make new things. I've bought at least 2 heads of cauliflower every couple weeks and every single time I throw it away because it goes bad. I used to make cauliflower mash and love it, but I just can't bring myself to make it! I want to make chocolate chili too, but I just keep eating fish, chicken, and burgers. Oddly enough though, I'm not bored. I've come to terms with the food that I eat every day. I am NOT eating enough veggies a day, I know that, but I'm just not all that hungry! Still, I need to get back to template.

I think it's been almost 3 weeks since I've had coffee. It's kind of hard to believe. Been sleeping REALLY good at night, too. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. I think I'm going to treat it as a treat and only do coffee on the weekends. I clearly don't need it.

I started my new Thyroid Meds this morning. I'm anxious for the T3 to start making me feel better as I was very low. I read a lot of good things from other people.. here's hoping!

When I cut out coffee I was really surprised at the impact it had in my body.  I did drink black tea so I don't think I reduced my caffeine intake all that much, but my cycle abruptly changed in response.  Your 100 days and coffee reduction is such GOOD stuff for the body and healing.  As I read your posts I think about how much I need to do help my own body, and I guess I am, but it's such a slow day by day process.  And, once I falter, I really seem to falter, but I suppose all these positive eating days still help.

Variety in the food is really hard!  We seem to always have the same vegetables and same foods.  It works though, and it's easy, but it would be nice to have someone come in and prep some new things! :)  Do you ever roast your cauliflower with oil, salt, and garlic?  Oh my gosh - it's fantastic and easy and nobody else in my house likes it so I get to eat it all. :)

Hope those new meds make a positive difference.

When I cut out coffee I was really surprised at the impact it had in my body.  I did drink black tea so I don't think I reduced my caffeine intake all that much, but my cycle abruptly changed in response.  Your 100 days and coffee reduction is such GOOD stuff for the body and healing.  As I read your posts I think about how much I need to do help my own body, and I guess I am, but it's such a slow day by day process.  And, once I falter, I really seem to falter, but I suppose all these positive eating days still help.

Variety in the food is really hard!  We seem to always have the same vegetables and same foods.  It works though, and it's easy, but it would be nice to have someone come in and prep some new things! :)  Do you ever roast your cauliflower with oil, salt, and garlic?  Oh my gosh - it's fantastic and easy and nobody else in my house likes it so I get to eat it all. :)

Hope those new meds make a positive difference.

Emma,

I haven't tried it roasted!! I really need to! it sounds delicious!

Day 74.

Can't believe how fast I'm coming up to the end of this. It's so funny. In the first 15 or so days, thinking about 100 days seemed terrible, like it was SO far out. Yet, here I sit with only twenty something days left and I'm like "holy cow! how did this happen so fast" ?

I had some black iced coffee this weekend. It was okay, but I did appreciate the caffeine boost. I was with my best friend when I got it, and went on a monologue about WHY do I think I need coffee with cream and sugar when I clearly can drink it black and she said "because that's not how we're supposed to drink it. On commercials and signs it's all sugared up!!"  Yep. So why is it the one thing I'm looking forward to? UGH! LOL.

Went shopping this weekend and got myself a bunch of new clothes! It was very fun.

Hi, Britt.  I am brand new to the forum today and will begin my first Whole30 on Friday.  My husband and 2 daughters (20 and 18) will be joining me, so it will be be a WholeFamily Whole 30!  I've just binge-read your entire journey and I value your honesty so much!  Thank you for your perseverance and determination.  Good luck on your last few weeks!

<carmen>

Hi, Britt.  I am brand new to the forum today and will begin my first Whole30 on Friday.  My husband and 2 daughters (20 and 18) will be joining me, so it will be be a WholeFamily Whole 30!  I've just binge-read your entire journey and I value your honesty so much!  Thank you for your perseverance and determination.  Good luck on your last few weeks!

<carmen>

Welcome Carmen!!!!

Thank you so much!!! Even after it's over, I will probably keep a Post Whole100 log to keep on rambling along and document my reintroductions! Hope you stick around! :)

Archived