Dirty Thirty "Roundup and Ride"!

dcducks1

Ok ladies, it's way past my bed time, and as usual I'm training at silly o'clock in the morning.... I'll bid you all a good night, and catch you all at some point tomorrow....

Keep on keeping on!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We lost power in a huge storm last night. Just got it back 3 hours ago. almost 20 hours without power. I did however take all 4 pounds of the butter and made ghee. Grateful our stove is gas and not electric! So I am going to restart tomorrow. Hopefully my silly self wont put myself back in the hospital over a sun stroke! LOL!

How do you all cook your kale? went to the farmers market today and got a nice bunch of fresh kale. I really dont want to boil it as that leaves no flavor and I dont have any fresh smoked ham bones.

Going to amish market on friday evening to restock the freezer of meat. Yeah we lost everything in the freezer as it is summer here.

Hi a Dream we lost power yesterday afternoon we had a tornado warning rare! It was stormy but it was spotted 25 miles north of us That never happens here

Anyway Kale you can make Tim McGraws kale salad like MeadowLily does or

I lightly sauté it chopped in olive oil not hot just medium with olives garlic and currants nutmeg salt and pepper

And creamed kale sounds good too

I make Kale salad -- I use a tahini dressing with fresh garlic and I massage it thru the kale and let it sit for a while before I eat it, to let the leaves break down. The dressing is a fake of the one Whole Foods uses. Pretty yummy --course I make it with compliant ingredients. I also like it lightly sauteed with fresh garlic too and have it with steak. Like it the way Meadow makes it too :-)

Meadow I read many, many logs, and when I feel it's appropriate (particularly when it's a newbie) I pass comment and give advice. But seeing as the logs are not technically moderated many choose to ignore the advice because often it's not what they want to hear - even when they've requested it by PM!! The older the log the less I'm inclined to read/comment as I figure if you've been around long enough you should have an inkling about what you're doing by now. Although I know and have seen that sometimes this is not the case.

You should all know though that it's clear from the food logs that many purport to be doing a Whole30 but they're only kidding themselves.

Many are stuck in the old calorie restriction, counting & weighing mindset that brought them here in the first place. Many want the gut re-set but can't get their head around the need for a head re-set too. Many are here strictly for weightloss, and on day 31 they go back from whence they came, and celebrate their success on a carb & sugar-fest.

They come back a few months later with their tail between their legs promising to do a reintro this time, but when the time for reintro comes it's wham, bam, thank-you ma'am, now take me to my Mountain Dew.

I'd advise anyone reading food logs to not assume that what everyone else is doing is right. If you have any doubt that what you're doing is right then just ask.

If your meals are keeping you satiated for 4-5hrs, if you're not snacking (or when you do it's a mini meal of protein, fats & veg), if you're not having cravings or feeding cravings with fruit, if you not surviving on twigs & sticks then you're on the right path.....

Truth.   All of it. 

They're dieting.  That dieting mindset can leave them undone within a few minutes.  It might take another 6 months before that stupor leaves them.  None of it has to happen.  

Good morning! Slept until 430. This is much better than waking up at 3. Normal for me is sleeping 7 to 8 hours without waking up.

Before bed: 1/2 piece of egg caserole with avocado oil.Dinner was sirloin-sweet potato-asparagus and olive oil.

Meals do last 4 to 5 hours. Since I ate at 0430. I will need more food at 0930.

Did feel like my BS was low at 0430. Think I will get a meter for a better handle on what's going on.

Found out that one of my co workers seriously undermined me at work yesterday. Need to get more detail before going to my boss.

jmcbn and Meadow... thanks this is stressing me out. We had 3 dozen cookies in the office yesterday which normally would not phase me. I stopped and looked  at them after I discovered the treachery. Even touched one.... kind of like the apple in the Garden but did not eat one.

Mostly don't want to eat junk except in times of stress.

Although we don't know the exact results of Steve's MRI, the doctor (well, really the doctor's secretary) said it is nothing we need to worry about.  Doctor will discuss the results with us in person on Tuesday.  Unfortunately, Steve is still in extreme pain; flexeril and oxycodone three times a day is  not reducing the pain by much.  Steve has a very high tolerance for pain so I am very concerned.  I am going to call the doctor again this morning. Something must be done to make Steve more comfortable.  This is a huge setback for him. He needs a walker to walk and he uses a wheelchair during hospital appointments.

Yesterday's food was great - 3 meals (no mini meals), no fruit, and lots of water.  I am extremely happy with this accomplishment. 

Checked my notebook and realized I am on day 52.   Hopefully, July will be my best Whole 30 - which means  3 meals a day (only allowing mini meals if I have real hunger) and very little or no fruit.  It's all up to me.  I have the power (at least, I am trying to convince myself that I do).    Who is in for the July Whole 30?  GAgal and Mega - I saw your names of the July whole 30 list - maybe I'll join you.

Fingers crossed Laurie that Steve's Dr will have some positive news for you and that you can get proper pain relief sorted for him soon. I will keep you all in my prayers.

You really DO have the power Laurie - you've come tremendously far, and with so much on your plate too(if you'll excuse the pun!!). I think you're doing brilliantly all things considered.

I'll not being doing the official July Whole30 as I'm on vacation for 2wks but I'll be watching & supporting you all from the sidelines, whilst I indulge in the odd ice cream & cooling evening gin - I should probably start praying for better weather too! 

Hi there Laurie I pray each morning so just finished up for you and 2 other special intentions today

You sound like you are holding your own so it's I'm guessing the only control you have. Staying compliant is focusing on it and it's over with so you have the strength and ware withal to focus on the more important your husbands health Kudos

Yes I'm in for July 5 th a bit delayed since vaca might be an issue and I've already derailed twice near the end!

Archived