Protein powders, compliant or not?

ingmarie

I used to drink my breakfasts, using fruit and vegetables with a protein powder the brand is  Fruitein   made from Tri part Protein blend from Rice,Pea and Soy. This was an easy way to get protein in the mornings.

Would this be  a non-compliant food source?

Considering it contains grains, legumes, and soy this would be off limits during your Whole30.

Really we prefer that you chew your food rather than drink it for two reasons - chewing leaves you more satiated, and chewing also starts the process of digestion. If you don't chew your food your body doesn't really register that you have eaten.

Plus eating a meal of protein, fat & vegetables will be much more nourishing than any shake - particularly one with added fruits, which will be full of sugars (albeit naturally occurring ones) and will spike your blood sugars when taken in the morning having fasted over night, setting you up for a crash later in the day.

Please eat your food for 30 days. After that you can go back to the shakes if you so choose.

Rice, pea and soy proteins all raise blood sugar.  Remember that protein powders are denatured proteins, created in a lab and manufactured in a processing plant.   Real food trumps any protein powder on the market. 

The egg white protein powders are super yuck, I need a bucket.  :P  :) 

It is just hard to cook breakfast for one

I know it feels that way right now, but it is not hard to cook breakfast for one.  True, it requires a shift in mindset.

I don't know if this is you, but I guess some people move around in the world thinking they alone are not "worth the effort" of cutting up some veggies and cooking a handful or eggs or heating up leftovers from yesterday, but YOU ARE WORTH THE EFFORT. really, you are. cook yourself some breakfast.

I'm a single mum who works for herself at home and whose school age little boy spends every other weekend with his dad & his family...I cook meals for myself all the time. I actually find it easier, I've only myself and what I want to eat to think about.

• Moderators

Every meal I cook is for one... true, it does take a mind shift and I had to stop making 'recipes' and move toward more of a hot plate situation unless I wanted to eat Pina Colada Chicken for every dinner for a week... but if you have freezer space and mason jars, you can make a load of stuff, freeze into 500ml mason jars and then you have dinner for one!

Thanks ,you all, I know I am worth it (just too lazy) It is easy to throw stuff in a blender and then have a pc of chicken on the side  but it gets boring too. :(

I am done with my July30 ,so I will re introduce some foods too,I really liked this so I will absolutely eat as clean as I possibly can.

Archived