Brewed Cocao if I have a sweet tooth

Alisonlcarver

I am trying out some Cocao Bru 100% cocao. I am trying very hard to get rid of my sweet tooth. Will this interfere with my efforts to banish my sugar dragon?

I recently completely omitted nuts, nut butters, fruits, larabars and sweets. I am about 2.5 weeks out of my Whole30 and am doing the slow roll reintro. Doing very well, besides a nagging dragon that I am trying to kill. Will brewed cocao sabotage my efforts? I am not going to put any sweeteners in, but may add a splash of cream if I desire.

I would be using it as a coffee substitute...not a chocolate substitute. It's 100% cocoa, not sweetened at all. I can't imagine biting into a 100% cocoa chocolate bar. I ate a bar that was 80-some% once and couldn't swallow it, it was so bitter. And that is really saying something!

• Moderators

I have Crio Bru occasionally as a change from coffee. It's definitely not sweet tasting on its own, although if you add enough coconut milk or coconut cream, it could be, in about the same way coffee could be sweet if you add enough coconut milk or coconut cream. If you have it already, try it -- but pay attention to how you feel. If you find yourself craving it more and more, you'd probably want to set it aside for a while. If you haven't already bought it, you could live without it for a while and try it when you you feel your cravings are more under control.

• Moderators

I am trying out some Cocao Bru 100% cocao. I am trying very hard to get rid of my sweet tooth. Will this interfere with my efforts to banish my sugar dragon?

I recently completely omitted nuts, nut butters, fruits, larabars and sweets. I am about 2.5 weeks out of my Whole30 and am doing the slow roll reintro. Doing very well, besides a nagging dragon that I am trying to kill. Will brewed cocao sabotage my efforts? I am not going to put any sweeteners in, but may add a splash of cream if I desire.

Cream is not allowed on your Whole 30, unless you mean coconut cream with compliant ingredients.

• 4 months later...

Reminds me of one of the kids' cartoons: I think it was the deer on Open Season, who got into the coffee. "UGH, this stuff is awful ... Can I have more?"

I may have my cartoons mixed up & I'm sure I butchered the quote. But you get the idea. :D

And although it's a coffee sub, beware of when coffee or other drinks become a carrier for the other stuff that goes in the cup.

After I gave up dairy, I realized I didn't love coffee as much as I thought I did. I still like it, but often it was just a way to enjoy some dairy, in a cup :)

Dairy cream (not W30 compliant, but you're post-W30) does have some sugar in it and dairy also contains hormones, if you notices any reactions.

Archived