Starting September 14th - Accountability

Itsmegdean

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My assumption is that by Day 27 everybody participating on this thread is educated enough to make the appropriate substitutions for a compliant recipe as I did.

While that may very well be the case, this thread remains on the web long after you're through with your Whole30. My comment was to provide clarification for any future readers of this thread.

Day 29...We're almost there!

This weekend was a blur for me. I didn't get a chance to get groceries or do any food prep, so I sent the husband out the door with a breakfast of leftover venison steak, pumpkin custard and an apple. This is the first time we haven't had eggs for breakfast in the past 30 days. :)

I guess a trip to the grocery store is on my agenda for this evening!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

Here I was thinking today was Day 30 so I weighed myself this morning! Down 5.4 lbs . That's roughly 1.25 lbs a week which is healthy and steady. I feel great and clothes are fitting better. I didn't take measurements but I did take "before" pictures and will take the afters at some point.

I didn't do prepping this weekend. I have been potty training my 26 mo all weekend which requires pretty constant attention so I haven't been sticking to 3 square meals either. All compliant food though. I'm off today for Colombus Day so I'll try to get my frittata baked off for breakfasts and roast some veggies. I'm hoping to whisk my daughter in and out quickly to get a few things without any accidents. Eeekk. Wish me luck!

Just got back from the store, where I picked up a couple things for re-intro. I'm going to try non-gluten grains first then move on to dairy. I also brought home some dark chocolate as a treat. 

I'm surprised that I'm saying this, but my body has never felt as good as it does right now. I'm a 61-year-old woman, and I was heavy all my life until I had gastric bypass surgery in 2002. This is the first time since then that I've altered my diet in any way, and it's been a fantastic eye-opener. My gut issues are under control, and today I realized for the first time that I no longer have tinnitus (ringing in the ears). I covered both ears and didn't hear any noise! Nearly cried--not expecting that at all. So I think I'm going to continue doing paleo after re-entry to some degree. What a gift this has been. I owe my doctor big-time for recommending that I try this.

This forum has been awesome also. It's been a great support. I'm going to keep coming back here for a while, assuming I don't go insane on Wednesday, dive headfirst into Baskin-Robbins, and blow up the whole experiment. I'm pretty sure that won't happen. I feel too good right now.

We're SO close! My energy levels are great! I think I will continue eating this way a bit longer. I still have some digestive upset, and while my annoying adult acne has disappeared (after years!), I still have small facial bumps. Perhaps there's some other food in my diet I'm sensitive to? Or, hopefully just another week and they will clear too?

Best wishes to you all! Whether you start the reintroduction phase or continue on with Whole30, I hope you experience the results you're after. Your forum support made all of this easier!

Hey all,

Last day oh my gah! Can you believe it we are superstars :) I had my first day back at work yesterday after two weeks off to work on the dress. For those that asked yes promise to post a pic. It really has been full on but last day of that today too. Feels kinda right both big things finishing together.

Can't tell you how great the forum has been. So nice to come on and read the ups and down and know you're not alone plus the whole 30 ketchup Oof so good.

People kept coming up to me at work telling me how well I looked and my boss was like even your face looks different.

My housemate who is a photographer took this pic and now I can see it. My chin that was starting has vanished.

I think reintroduction wise I want to try some lentils as I really love Dahl and eat a lot of veggie stuff normally and I don't think they're an issue for me and then alcohol at the weekend for my friend's wedding :)

So proud of us all :)

Xxx

Just got back from the store, where I picked up a couple things for re-intro. I'm going to try non-gluten grains first then move on to dairy. I also brought home some dark chocolate as a treat. 

I'm surprised that I'm saying this, but my body has never felt as good as it does right now. I'm a 61-year-old woman, and I was heavy all my life until I had gastric bypass surgery in 2002. This is the first time since then that I've altered my diet in any way, and it's been a fantastic eye-opener. My gut issues are under control, and today I realized for the first time that I no longer have tinnitus (ringing in the ears). I covered both ears and didn't hear any noise! Nearly cried--not expecting that at all. So I think I'm going to continue doing paleo after re-entry to some degree. What a gift this has been. I owe my doctor big-time for recommending that I try this.

This forum has been awesome also. It's been a great support. I'm going to keep coming back here for a while, assuming I don't go insane on Wednesday, dive headfirst into Baskin-Robbins, and blow up the whole experiment. I'm pretty sure that won't happen. I feel too good right now.

I'm so happy for you!

For all of us.. this is a brutal eating plan and we're nearly done! :)

Happy last day all! I'm planning on eating pretty close to Whole30 as much as possible but will allow for occasional "treats" such as this weekend a glass of wine with my friends. I have a birthday party Sunday but will eat before I go and pass on cake. I have a wedding shower next weekend where it is sit-down so I may eat some from the plate. I feel like that would be really rude not to eat as my plate is being paid for. Again, I may pass on the cake. Depends on if it looks worth it. I feel like really fancy cakes don't taste the best. If it is a Cosco cake...oy, that may be hard to pass up!

Well, it's not looking good for me to start the reintoduction process tomorrow. :( I've been having some stomach trouble since Saturday and I have no idea what's causing it. I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary or tried any new recipes, so I'm at a total loss. I can't really reintroduce something and get a good feel for how it affects me when I don't feel well to begin with.

I'll be living vicariously through all of you, so please keep posting!

Congratulations to those of us who finished! I am struggling with being disappointed that I only lost 4.5 pounds. But, I'm encouraged because I feel fantastic and my clothes fit better (which is why the small weight loss surprised me).

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's updates, and hope y'all stay active on the forum. I've enjoyed 'getting to know' you here.

Congratulations to those of us who finished! I am struggling with being disappointed that I only lost 4.5 pounds. But, I'm encouraged because I feel fantastic and my clothes fit better (which is why the small weight loss surprised me).

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's updates, and hope y'all stay active on the forum. I've enjoyed 'getting to know' you here.

Did you take before/after measurements?

You may well have traded up fat for lean muscle - so the lean muscle is more dense (meaning the number on the scale won't have shifted much), but it also takes up more space (which means your clothes will be fitting better) - this is what you were aiming for....  ;)

I didn't take measurements.. I wish I had. I lost 9 during my first whole30, but hit the gym really hard this time... so I think my lean mass is higher and I've burned fat.  My brain understands that's the goal, but my feelz wish the scale reflected it too. :)

I didn't take measurements.. I wish I had. I lost 9 during my first whole30, but hit the gym really hard this time... so I think my lean mass is higher and I've burned fat.  My brain understands that's the goal, but my feelz wish the scale reflected it too. :)

We are so trained to live by that darn number on the scale.  I found this month to be so freeing from it!!  Just stinks that every time I go to the bathroom at the gym I have to walk by it.  (don't own one)  And you know....with all of that water consumption I am in there a lot.  lol

You should definitely go by how you feel and measurements if you can.  I think I also only lost 3-4 pounds also (forgot my beginning weight) but I definitely know I've lost fat & increased muscle.  I measure on Saturday so will keep you posted if that truly was the case.

I hope you all continue to post how reintro is going for you.  It's so hard for me to continue Whole30 right now but it also seems easier than trying to reintroduce foods.  I need to research more but where does sugar come in?  Seems that is not listed in the timeline.  What if you introduce certain foods (example Dairy - ice cream) that has sugar in it as well?  That's the part that confuses me.

Way to go Whole30 friends!

Hey alll,

Sorry for the delay in updating.  I did it I finished the whole 30 woot! The results are in. Well first off I've got more energy than tigger and I was pretty energetic before. Gad help everyone! :) my skin feels great and is glowing, my hair is shiny, my teeth are whiter, I've got no lethargy in the day either and mentally I feel really happy. I'm a joyful sort anyway but I feel like it's been turned up 11 lol. Ooh and also I've lost a stone in weight, 10 inches and it's all good stuff because according to the machine I've lost 4% of my body fat. Pics are days 3, 15 and 30. So now to get back to running and letting the good times roll but with no added sugar thanks so much for all the props you're ace

Sending good energy to everyone for their results and reintroduction :)  Plus some pics of the dress and beautiful bride from yesterday for those who asked.

I can already tell this has been life changing as I've been thinking differently and yesterday at the wedding there were bowls of sweets and I just didn't want them because I know they're crappy for me.  Plus I have several friends now about to start :)

xxx

post-78442-0-87658200-1445205444_thumb.j

post-78442-0-14352400-1445205519_thumb.j

post-78442-0-32664000-1445205684_thumb.j

Hey alll,

Sorry for the delay in updating.  I did it I finished the whole 30 woot! The results are in. Well first off I've got more energy than tigger and I was pretty energetic before. Gad help everyone! :) my skin feels great and is glowing, my hair is shiny, my teeth are whiter, I've got no lethargy in the day either and mentally I feel really happy. I'm a joyful sort anyway but I feel like it's been turned up 11 lol. Ooh and also I've lost a stone in weight, 10 inches and it's all good stuff because according to the machine I've lost 4% of my body fat. Pics are days 3, 15 and 30. So now to get back to running and letting the good times roll but with no added sugar thanks so much for all the props you're ace

Sending good energy to everyone for their results and reintroduction :)  Plus some pics of the dress and beautiful bride from yesterday for those who asked.

I can already tell this has been life changing as I've been thinking differently and yesterday at the wedding there were bowls of sweets and I just didn't want them because I know they're crappy for me.  Plus I have several friends now about to start :)

xxx

attachicon.gifIMG_8237.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8256.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8258.JPG

Oh my gosh, beautiful!  Thanks so much for showing the dress.  It turned out great!  For some reason I missed the boat....I thought you were doing your own dress. Such an accomplishment and great work on the Whole30.  You should be very proud!!

Here I was thinking today was Day 30 so I weighed myself this morning! Down 5.4 lbs . That's roughly 1.25 lbs a week which is healthy and steady. I feel great and clothes are fitting better. I didn't take measurements but I did take "before" pictures and will take the afters at some point.

I didn't do prepping this weekend. I have been potty training my 26 mo all weekend which requires pretty constant attention so I haven't been sticking to 3 square meals either. All compliant food though. I'm off today for Colombus Day so I'll try to get my frittata baked off for breakfasts and roast some veggies. I'm hoping to whisk my daughter in and out quickly to get a few things without any accidents. Eeekk. Wish me luck!

Just realized I didn't comment on your weight loss.  Congratulations!  That is a real accomplishment.  I am right there with you on the slow & steady.  That's how I am and I truly believe you will keep it off as a result.  Hope things have been going well since you finished.  :-)

Well, it's not looking good for me to start the reintoduction process tomorrow. :( I've been having some stomach trouble since Saturday and I have no idea what's causing it. I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary or tried any new recipes, so I'm at a total loss. I can't really reintroduce something and get a good feel for how it affects me when I don't feel well to begin with.

I'll be living vicariously through all of you, so please keep posting!

MK, just wondering how you are feeling?  Have you contemplated reintroducing foods yet?

Ok, so I too was a little disappointed that I only had a 3-pound loss, but I knew that I would not lose a ton of weight.  I had a trainer do measurements, and I'm so glad I did because both of us were very happy.  I had already been in pretty good shape but I needed to make some major food changes as my weight hadn't budged forever.  It's the food part that I was having such trouble with, and this program has helped me tremendously.  

I am currently on Day 35 of 60 so I will measure again at that point.  Right now I'm at a 4% body fat loss.  Woo hoo, I've never been this low.  I gained 5lbs of muscle and lost 5lbs of fat.  While my clothing fit isn't drastic, I can tell a difference and my belts are too big.

Hope all of you are doing well on the reintroduction.  Can't wait to hear all about it! 

Jdub

I'm still chugging along. Lost another 0.6 lb this week. I'm eating pretty close to the W30 with the exception of adding kerrygold grassfed butter back in. I like ghee but it's so pricey and it was such a mess when I attempted making it myself. I had a glass and a half of wine (IF that) Friday night and today I had 1 beer. They both sat well with me but I knew I could enjoy both as they are not an item without brakes for me.

I did pass on lots of goodies at a birthday party today (homemade baked goods!) because those cause a total domino effect with me. I seriously contemplated getting a PSL from Starbucks today because I just love it so much but I thought a) holy crap that is a total sugar bomb for one drink and B) I have a homamade pumpkin soup to satisfy that pumpkin craving. So I ordered a pike roast coffee with a couple splashes and went on my way.

I have been posting in the Postw30 log and am finding it very helpful for planning out my days.

Archived