Nando's Chicken

peaceitquick

I don't think nandos are in the states, just uk and a few in Ireland. Have a look at their sauces in the supermarket & that will give you a good idea, I'm pretty sure there'll be non compliant ingredients though :( can you get plain grilled chicken there? I can't even think which sides apart from mixed salad would be w30.

• 1 year later...

Hello, was ther any update on this? I am going there for lunch today with work... Their sauce (the medium one I like) has the ingredients posted:

Water Vinegar Onion Salt Lemon Purée (4%) Sunflower Oil Serrano Chilli Spices (including African Bird's Eye Chilli - peri-peri chilli, paprika) Garlic Stabilzers(xanthan gum, propylene glycol alignate) Antioxidant (calcium disodium EDTA)

The "stabilizers" and "antioxidant" freak me out... I will probably just get naked with side salad and olive oil. :l

I also emailed Nando's Canada to see what was in their ingredients, but I am not sure if I believe them 100%.

Hi Kristal!

Thank you so much for your email. The Macho Peas are made from scratch, with completely fresh ingredients and the veggies use all fresh ingredients also, blended with our Peri Peri sauce.

I hope this helps!

Rokhsan Emmons

Nando's Canada

Brand Manager

• 2 weeks later...

Nando's is weirdly different in ingredients around the world, no idea why.

In Australia I go for a Mediterranean Salad with chicken, Hot sauce or go plain (since it's contaminated on the grill, I don't bother with plain) and ask for it without the feta (it comes with a pretty salad, plus olives), throw out the plastic tubes of dressing (which you get two packets of with every salad). I prefer Grilld here, rather than Nando's as I can get grassfed beef and lamb [updated: Grilld now has sugar (relish) mixed in all their meats except the steak and chicken... grrr].

I believe all of the Nando's sauces have nightshades, with the possible exception of the Lemon one. I doubt any of them are FODMAP free. Some surprisingly contain sesame (although not sesame flavoured), if you're allergic. Nando's Australia has very clear info on what's gluten free and dairy free.

Be aware too that the retail peri sauce bottles are usually a completely different recipe to what's used in store, so make sure you're checking the in-store nutrition, not retail bottles if that's not what you're eating.

I also emailed Nando's Canada to see what was in their ingredients, but I am not sure if I believe them 100%.

Hi Kristal!

Thank you so much for your email. The Macho Peas are made from scratch, with completely fresh ingredients and the veggies use all fresh ingredients also, blended with our Peri Peri sauce.

I hope this helps!

Rokhsan Emmons

Nando's Canada

Brand Manager

Err, no peas on Whole30.

Other than that, I got nothin'.  No Nando's in these parts.

Archived