Brewer5: No Training Wheels

Brewer5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am here this morning, but I am behind on my "liking" and responding.  Another busy day of football.  Actually, this is the LAST day of games.

Geez, I don't know what in the world combination of keys I just pushed on my laptop -- but it went and posted this WAY before I was done with it!  That was weird.

Anyway -- whenever I get another actual moment to sit down and concentrate, I will have to go back through the last several pages.  Have a great weekend, everyone!  :)

m0DAYeDUTPo4cKgG5cHO1gg.jpg

My friend's daughter has her hair like this - it's like a mermaid - so pretty!!

And that first pic you posted.... with the girl in the cut off denim shirt - under-stated beauty - love it.

My meatloaf is cooking, and my hair is chopped. My friend had been surfing pinterest & actually had picked out quite a few of the same headshots as I had so we are on the same wave-length about where my hair is headed....

I spied a recipe on Fed&Fit that I used for the meat:egg:flour ratio, threw in my own choice of herbs, stuck with some of their suggestions, kneaded gently & crossed my fingers - the proof will be in the meat-y, pickle-y pudding!!

Lancer, you look so MUCH more comfortable now.... and so much younger too!!

I am! Really. My buddy who's in Dublin mentioned that to me also the other day- that I looked alot younger. Ie said that if it keeps up for another ten years, "things might get awkward around here". Hahaha!

Brewer, I'm lovin' the cornfields!!! We've plenty of those here too - and despite what they are they're really pretty when in bloom - all that yellow against the green surroundings & the blue skies (well, when we get them!).... Rhianna even filmed her video for 'We Found Love' in one not too far from my home. The farmer told her to put her clothes on & go find God instead  :D The rest of the video is shot around some of the worst social housing in Belfast.

Kirkor - I LOVE your hair. My friend dyes hers a different colour every few weeks. Last time I was there it was lilac - she's naturally a dark blonde and this really suited her. I love the midnight blues & the reds & purples but I'm completely anal and I like to have everything matching so I'd feel the need to change my wardrobe everytime I changed my hair. I'm not even gonna say how many pairs of trainers I own so as they always match my gym gear  :wacko:  :blink:  :huh:  :o  :rolleyes:  :lol: 

Lancer you could make a block booking for us all and set up a conveyer belt operation like in Build A Bear!  :D 

Meadow - midnight blue - that's so you......

Okay.... I'm planning on making a meatloaf today. Never made one before, and may never make one again, but Kirkor inspired me with his pickle post a few days back so I'm googling for a basic recipe (ie. egg to flour (almond) to meat ratio) & then I'll take it from there.... I'm having my front door painted right after my physio this morning so I can't go anywhere anyways so I might as well make myself useful....!!

I love bright colors, and I used to do alot of them in my own hair also, before I figured out that I am allergic to bleach on my scalp. Now, I just do foils- I had the #GrannyGrayHair color in the front of my hair last, but it's grown mostly out now. I'm going to get more put in soon...I just wish my hair would go all silver!

All kinds of hugs, kisses and loveheart-smiley.gif?1292867614up in here today.  earth-hug-smiley.gif?1292867587 So nice. 

I just heard on the TV that diet pop causes cellulite.  black-eye1-smiley.gif?1292867556

I'm not sure but I think they said that gummy bears give you big lumps and chocolate covered raisins give you the trots.

Those GFDF sugar free gummy bears give you the trots for sure - I remember when the feral child was little & someone brought him a bag from an old fashioned candy store as a treat & they said the shop keeper had warned him to warn us to not allow him to have too many! 

Those GFDF sugar free gummy bears give you the trots for sure - I remember when the feral child was little & someone brought him a bag from an old fashioned candy store as a treat & they said the shop keeper had warned him to warn us to not allow him to have too many! 

What are big lumps and trots? o.O

...I just wish my hair would go all silver!

A male hairdresser friend of mine who always had great hair has gone all silver - honestly, 20yrs ago I'd have said he'd have been a cert for using something like Grecian 2000 but I'm SO glad he decided to go silver/grey gracefully - he looks amazing.

Balled up ~ confused.

Bang-up ~ first rate. "They did a bang-up job."

Bear sign ~ cowboy term for donuts. A cook who could and would make them was highly regarded.

Bend an elbow ~ have a drink. "He's been known to bend an elbow with the boys."

Bender ~ drunk. "He's off on another bender."

Between hay and grass ~ neither man nor boy, half-grown.

Big bug ~ important person, official, boss. "He's one of the railroad big bugs."

Bilk ~ cheat.

Blow ~ boast, brag. "Don't listen to him, that's just a lot of blow."

Blowhard ~ braggart, bully.

owmesas.gif

Blow-up ~ fit of anger. "He and the missus had a blow-up, but it's over, now."

Bone orchard ~ cemetery.

Bosh ~ Nonsense.

Oh, I want colored hair!  Oh, I need colored hair today!

Lancer, I wish we were 4000 miles apart, Id be in your salon in a minute!  I could make changing my hair my comfort mechanism instead of food!  Wouldn't that be glorious.

Actually with all thats going on, I went in the store for ice creams, chips, cookies, etc.  I was standing in front of the freezer and couldn't make up my mind....  NOTHING sounded good.  Walked past the cookies - same thing (well, the pumpkin molassas ginger cookies sounded delish but I didn't want that big of a box...).  Ended up with a burger... no bun.   Guess my emotional comfort food eating is changing  :)  

Have to admit that when I was standing in front of the freezer at the store, I was wondering why I was there.  I mean, I was hungry, had left the house without eating, but didn't want the junk - imaging that :)

We all want our hair done today.  Kmlynne, you have alot going on.  Kudos to you for passing up the multi-crap stodge (jmcbn) and all of the rest of it.  

Full disclosure.   Maw dumped a bunch of kettle-cooked potato chips on the floor and I was tempted to eat them off the floor.   mmmm hmmmm,  I was.  I was going to go for it like my dog would .   Woof  woof.  

So there you go.   We both passed the litmus test.   If you're really hungry...eat a fish and a whopping boatload of broccoli.  I do that all of the time.   

Extinction bursts.  I'm wondering if they ever go away or is it simply a fig newton of my imagination.  I have a wild imagination.  Last summer, I would watch diners, drive-ins and dives.   I would pretend I was eating by proxy through that show.  I would diligently binge watch it and pretend I was shoveling all of that food into my mouth....matching him bite for bite.   I worked up the tastes and smacked my lips.

It really got me through some hard times.   I don't eat by proxy anymore but every now and again,  something stirs up those old feelings. 

I know what it was, too.   The other day when that friend went into lengthy details about  extreme sour gummy bears, choco covered raisins, popcorn.   My mind has played that over and over.  

It is ridiculous.   It was ear candy like a song you can't get outta your head.   I'm going to have to do something to chamois it out of those brain cells.   Yes,  I'll use my brain chamois and expunge every memory away. 

I'm erased many of those faux foe memories away but there's a remaining few that I'm plucking off ....one by one,  like petals from a flower that really belongs to a weed.   Where have all those flowers gone.  I'm getting rid of them.   They're perfume was too overpowering. I don't ever want them in my house again.

weeds-flowers-two.jpg

Guess I'll go for a hike and blow their stink off.  Time to eat another frog,  y'all. 

Archived