Brewer5: No Training Wheels

Brewer5

Hey, folks with dental issues -- I've had this book in my Amazon cart for quite awhile, but have not gotten to read it yet.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/0982021305?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_3&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The reviews are pretty awesome.  YES, there are things you can reverse.

Even just reading the reviews may be helpful.  :)

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-24%20at%2011.04.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love doing "air" squats- one time, I was up to 200 a day. Where in Ireland do you live? I've a buddy in Dublin, and my husband and I are thinking of visiting there next summer. 

I'm from the North of the island, right on the east coast - not too far from Belfast, home of that World famous ship that infamously sank, but I make a point of travelling all over the island so that my kids know all about their heritage. People joke that I should be working for the Tourist Board. The photos I posted in the link are all within two hrs of my home, most within an hour, and quite a few even less - in fact one I can see from my office window...

Dublin is a beautiful city - so cosmopolitan for such a small place, and so much history - you would love it, everyone does....... Add it to your Bucketlist!

I think about doing a Whole30 tour -- travel around for sightseeing purposes, while eating on plan to show it's not that hard, while visiting people from the forum. In some cities there might even be enough people to do a potlock or other gathering.

It would be a cool blog series.

You're fearless that way, Kirkor.   I'll have to El Paso on that one.   There's no way Bear would let me go on a tour like that or bring anyone home. ;)     What happens if you get there and there's no such person. They don't even exist..just a dream within a dream and a scheme within a scheme.  :D  :lol:  :D  My family is so enormous,  I could spend the rest of my life going from cousin to cousin and still never see them all.   I'll stick with my own pea patch.  Just the thought of it gives me the willies, chillies and I would pack my bags and run away from home if someone wants to come see me.    Bear would say....what the heck have you been doing on the internet.  He might close up my shop for me.  The End.   I have to El Paso.  Now and forever.   Amen.

And, I'm begging you.  Don't gooooooooo.   Stick with the people you knoooooowwwwwww. REAL PEOPLE, not fabrications of imagination and make-believe.   Maw and Paw would tell you, don't gooooo, Son.    I want to make sure you'll be here to visit with.  Dooon't goooo. dont-go-smiley.gif?1292867584

When I was a kid,  a woman in our neighborhood had a total breakdown or it was myriad of other things.  She had tiny children and was leaving them home alone.  She would go to a very public place and sit all afternoon while the children were supposed to be napping.  She would bring strange people home to the house for dinner.   Her husband never knew who was going to be sitting in the house and leaving those children home alone napping.  OMG.   Today, the kids would've been removed from the home.   

One day, it really went sideways.   She smeared bright red lipstick outside of the lines of her lips and all over her face.   It was scary for her and her family.   She went away for a good long while.  To this day,  I've never forgotten it and nooooo,  I won't be bringing anyone home for dinner that  I've found on the internet, train or bus station or hitchhiking down the road.  Nuh huh.    Gulp.   

When I was single,  I did roam around.  I've traveled all over Europe and across Canada.  I've been to Washington D.C.,  NYC, across the south,  Arizona, Nevada and many, many states.   I did it.  I've been around the coast of Ireland and down through many countries.  I flew home from Spain.

When you're single, you can do these things and I did things  then... that totally make me cringe.  I've been around, you know.   But I'm married with a family,  Maw, Paw.   It's more than enough and all I can handle.  I'm glad I did it when I could.   I won't have that opportunity again.   

It's a different world in many ways but mostly,  the internet thingy....you have no idea who you're really talking to.   This forum is safe.   I don't veer away from the sidewalk.   

I like this thread because I know you people actually exist.   Other than that,  it can be a real crapshoot.

Anyone I am talking to on this thread -- or behind the scenes -- guess what?  It's me.  I'm not scary, and I am as real as it gets.  :)

I don't have time for internet BS.  If I talk, it's because I actually have something to say.  If you've gotten my time, you are one of precious few.  This takes time away from my family, from my kids, from my responsibilities.  There is a purpose here... and if there weren't, I wouldn't be here.

Karen and I have talked about a meet-up someday, and I hope to see the day when it actually happens.  We'll have pictures to post, and it will be glorious.  :)

That would be a great meet-up, Brewer.   You've been good friends for a long time.   

I feel honored to be on your personal log and in your space.   I've known you quite awhile, too.  You are very real.   I wouldn't be here if I didn't know both of you.     I have a Bear...of a man.   He's real and I'm real.

I enjoy your log and thanks for sharing your formula for building muscles and lifting heavy things. I want to continue visiting with you dear people.   Brewer,  Kmlynne,  Kirkor,  Lancer,  jmcbn.   Thanks a million for being so real and authentic.    I just can't go on a road trip.  :D  :lol: 

I just want to feel nice.  The food I eat makes me feel nice.   The stuff  I eat makes me feel so much better in the moment than the junk I used to live on.  I eat fish in olive oil when I don't have fresh.   I drink green tea and it helps flush water but not weight.    

I've experimented with green tea and I've maintained.  I don't worry about using a special food or supplement to speed up weight releasing.  Nahh.   I drink it because it's better for you than coffee.  Ain't that right, jmcbn.

You have to enjoy your life.   Period.   Everything you eat and all the exercise you do.   I've enjoyed the changes or at least learned to enjoy them.   In a catalog of expressions,  these super foods bring Happy Awareness to your life.   Without them,  it's right back to Groundhog Day. 

Just cutting what you eat and not changing it is a disaster.   Anyone can drop it like it's hot by cutting food and over-restricting.  Fish, seafood, meat, eggs, vege and fats are  my friends.   Macros is a science.   I don't have to worry about those because I'm still in the process of releasing fat.   Once the fat is gone, you want to build the muscle.   I can do both if I keep up the proteins and proper dietary fats and lift some free weights along with cardio. 

Getting enough protein is important and something women out in the world tend to overlook.   Not anyone here. 

Kirkor, this is your sister.  You're brave and single but keep one eye open at all times.  That is all. 

Well, I do believe I've got my non FODMAPS mojo back :D 

The first week I cut back, the second week I cut them out completely and now I feel like I have my spring back in my step, and my upper abdomen doesn't feel swollen & full all the time.... Waaaaaaaaay back before I knew anything much about anything never mind anything much about nutrition I was told I had IBS. I'd be half way through a meal and my mum would say my upper abdomen would swell and puff out like a rooster, and I'd have to take a break from eating for a while & then I'd struggle to finish my meal.... I did a massive elimination diet back then - a little experiment of my own & an eccentric Dr I'd met and little by little I was able to add foods back in and was fine, but I was living in Greece at that time and looking back I was eating mainly protein, (low FODMAP) veg & fats, as the Greeks do....

I can't quite believe that with all the reading I've done since both here & elsewhere on the internet and through my coursework that it didn't click with me about the FODMAPS, but I guess over the summer & on my vacay especially where I was relying heavily on avocadoes for fat & including beets in my salads daily the build up of them in my system started causing issues. When I got back home & back to home cooking the symptoms subsided a little and I even got my Tiger Blood back, but then I started sauteeing leeks & mushrooms with my eggs in the mornings, & starting braising cabbage & eating it daily, and kept on with the beets, and the onions - sheesh, I had onions in everything! And garlic!!!

It's oh so good to be back!!

I wrote a snarky email to this company today....

My youngest can't do dairy or any grain (ok, make that shouldn't but sometimes does to his own dismay - he's learning) other than rice so I'm always looking for different things to put in his lunch box that isn't loaded up with sugar & all kinds of crap. Anyway, I came across this company and liked the look of their coconut yoghurts maybe for a change & then thought I might try some of their frozen coconut vanilla yoghurt (snowconut) for myself which they market on the packaging specifically as Paleo-friendly - but which on reading the ingredients contains cornstarch and carrageenan  :huh:

The feral child could have the vanilla or the natural yoghurts I guess, but he'd be looking longingly at the mango & passionfruit or the blueberry ones, both of which have frickety frickin' cornflour.

Back to the drawing board.

Lancer, I wish I was sitting in one of your chairs today.   My hair looks like a tee-total wreck.    I look like something the cat dragged in.  

Like-wise. I was to get my hair cut this afternoon after work but my best friend (who is also my hairdresser) had to postpone as her mum has been in hospital and was getting discharged today...

I'm trying to grow out a pixie cut and I know the next 12wks are gonna be pretty grim. I also know that about 16-20 odd weeks after that when I get things just where I want them I'll throw the head up & go back to the pixie - or the GI Jane look I sometimes favour....  :ph34r: 

Interestingly my hair was long & poker straight until I was about 14.

Life was simple then, just like my food.

If only it were that simple now.

I think a buzz cut would be very nice.   Good through the wind, rain, sleet or hail.   Bear and I could share the same look.   Married people start dressing alike at some point, don't they.  My husband can't stand matching shirts and clothes.   He thinks it's ridiculous to see couples dressed like twinsies. 

He won't let me buy any more of his shirts.  He's tired of his coworkers asking him 'if his wife dressed him today'.   I like bright colors like eggplant and dark magenta, spruce greens and he prefers dirt sandwich brown and tans.   So I can't do any more of his  online ordering.

magenta_droplet_4_by_kingyousy-d49267g.j

I've had the buzz cut fairly often. I have a small face - so small in fact that my glasses are youth frames, and I struggle to find sunnies that are narrow enough for me.

It is so handy though - a bit like an old TV ad we had hear many years back. 'I just wash my hair, and go...'

It gives you a bit of an attitude too. Which is never a bad thing.

When my sister's hair started growing back after her chemo it was all fluffy and uneven at first - my friend gave her a buzz cut and it totally transformed her - she looked fab, amazing in fact, so strong!

She had this new look of determination that I just I loved to see on her.

She had always had long hair though & she grew it out...

Archived